[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

-tweaked missile guidance some more

----missiles gradually lose lift and maneuverability after thrust cuts out

-----this gives them a limited/optimal range

----missiles fired from a strafing craft behave better

-snip-

- Air to ground missiles are now much less effective at tracking airborne crafts.

My favorite parts of this update - this will encourage sensible, efficient and mission-specific armament strategies (and none of the silliness of generic do-anything missiles)

I need a .23.5 compatible version of this mod. I can't find one;.;. Can someone send a link or something?

You're going to be very hard-pressed in finding one for KSP 0.23.5 - the only link available from the first post is for KSP 0.24.2.

The last known version of Baha's Armour that worked for 0.23.5 was v0.2, which does not have the Abrams turret, the missiles, the bombs and weapons manager. Add-on authors generally don't provide retroactive support for older KSP versions.

Is there any reason you can't upgrade to the latest version of the game? Most other add-ons have already been made compatible with KSP 0.24.2, so there's not much reason to stay on 0.23.5.

My favorite parts of this update - this will encourage sensible, efficient and mission-specific armament strategies (and none of the silliness of generic do-anything missiles)

Realism in KSP. I find it funny.

Gonna have to back up all of my missile configs so they dont get changed.

I was just messing around on my live stream for the past 8 hours and The last little bit i was messing around with you mod i LOVE the GAU-8 Avenger, I remade the A-10 Thunderbolt and after some teething troubles i got to fly it nicely and then when i was attacking KSC ++ I ended out shooting my own wing off with a Hellfire Missile in a dive to strafe with the Main cannon. I do archive my streams so you can watch it. Mostly the last end of the stream was when I made the A-10 and shot my wing off.

I was just messing around on my live stream for the past 8 hours and The last little bit i was messing around with you mod i LOVE the GAU-8 Avenger, I remade the A-10 Thunderbolt and after some teething troubles i got to fly it nicely and then when i was attacking KSC ++ I ended out shooting my own wing off with a Hellfire Missile in a dive to strafe with the Main cannon. I do archive my streams so you can watch it. Mostly the last end of the stream was when I made the A-10 and shot my wing off.

Where did you get the parts for the A-10 I Love that bird... I wish that I could build space planes that didnt flip, and or explode randomly.... BUT here is a test craft I modified to make a Terrorist attack on those pesky Kerb City folk makin light pollution to crowd out our stars... Here is a shot of me "taking out" a skyscraper....

u8U77ky.jpg

I used Lacks 1x1 stuff and Procedural Dynamics for the wings, a stock fuselage for the engine pod. the other is a mix of parts and used Firespitters Helicopter cockpit. I might get a few pics of the remake i did and put it up here.

How do you go about shooting the 30mm Vulcan Canon? I have it on a ship and cant get it on the weapon manager and cant find a way to shoot it other than toggling it.

I know its something easy ... but I cant figure out what

Hidden/faired vulcan will be fixed (no mouse-aim).

"The bombs' explosion force stacks with multiple bombs..." Should they not?

Gun auto-targeting - I will do it eventually if I decide I want to have some automated anti-air similar to ID Skillful's.

Melfice, the bombs shouldn't need thrust for the guidance to work. Try giving them a boost or cruise time, with thrust 0, and a little bit of turn rate. The guidance only tapers off after the end of the designated boost and cruise phases, regardless of thrust.

Also, my guidance system doesn't use actual aerodynamics or forces, just some cheap trickery (rotating the velocity vector).

Whoever asked about the M230 chaingun - That will probably be the next gun I make, since I've already made two types of gatling guns.

I see there's interest in Russian/non-American weapons. Eventually. I'm more interested in difference of function, so if you can point out a gun that's significantly different (not just appearance or slightly different calibre/rate of fire) then I'll be more likely to do it.

I don't think I'll be doing lead markers for where to fire on moving targets for several reasons.

Wolf123 "Two planes both shoot if their turrets are enabled" - That was intentional; I might make it optional.

Damaske: I do want to make the MLRS, but what is a submission rocket?

Also, about the AGM shooting your wing off - I'm having issues with getting a consistent decoupling force for the missiles. Hopefully I'll get it fixed.

Thanks everyone for all the comments and support! Its hard to keep up with everyone so sorry if I didn't reply to you!

I also want to add: If you make weapons using this mod and release them in your own packs, just make sure to credit me and subscribe to this

thread so you can update your packaged BahaTurret.dll when I update it. Or, don't include the DLL and just link to this thread. Thanks.

Edited by BahamutoD

I may have misspelled the word i wanted to say, I was asking about the one that carries submunitions, Like a cluster bomb, but in a rocket like the MLRS of Old. Since they are changing over from Blanketing an area with small bombs to more of a guided rocket that the whole thing hits a precise place to make a big boom.

May I also throw in a suggestion? A Non moving gun for fighter aircraft? The Avenger is a good gun it's just massive. Why not do a simple 20mm cannon that can be mounted on or in the nose of an aircraft?

You may have missed the posts by other, and the one I posted a few minutes before you, but yeah, that's on the todo list. ;)

I may have misspelled the word i wanted to say, I was asking about the one that carries submunitions, Like a cluster bomb, but in a rocket like the MLRS of Old. Since they are changing over from Blanketing an area with small bombs to more of a guided rocket that the whole thing hits a precise place to make a big boom.

Ohh okay. Yeah when I get around to figuring out cluster bombs, I'll be sure to add a rocket version.

Would it be possible to make a part that allow, say, a tank battalion to fire their guns at the target? I was screwing around and thought this would be a nice idea.

If you have a bunch of tanks, just activate the turrets on each of them, and they will all shoot where you aim. Then, you can use BurnTogether to drive them all.

Would you be willing to make a normal non-cluster rocket and maybe the ATACMS missle ( the large one) for the MLRS Maybe even have them in the 6 rocket pod or the one missile pod that you add to the craft that you want to add them too.

I do not know how much knowledge of the MLRS loadout you know, but I am willing to help with it if and when I am able too at lest give pointers. I'd do em myself but i uninstalled the modeler program i used and i can not texture to save my life.