[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Maybe just attach a parachute to the cockpit?

It is very often ripped off as well.

EDIT: Tanks? This one: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/118824-WIP-Never-Enuff-Dakka-A-BDArmoury-expansion?p=1896201#post1896201

THe quality is not top notch, but from 300-3000 meters range they look more than OK. Especially if you are busy evading them. I added auto lock capability to most turrets, so now AI fires Abrams guns at my plane. Very often with success, I must say, if I don't maneuver and fly low.

Edited by sashan

One more idea - EVA parachutes and autoejection. Sort of VNG thechnologies plugin, but interfaced with yours, so that downed planes autoeject crew and deploy their chutes. Don't like kerbals being killed when they can survive, and ejecting them manually is not always an option - other crafts crash at that time.

What's needed is an Abort action group trigger - the mod can already use gear, but determining Abort conditions is trickier - you want it to deploy from a plane that is heavily damaged and out of control, but not one still flying.

An algorithm to determine loss of control would need to account for actual orientation v velocity vector, but allow time to recover from a spin.

- - - Updated - - -

Separate to that, the parachute would need a semi-deployed state to give the Kerbal a chance to lose velocity, but that's not Bahamuto's problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and sometimes the cockpit remains oriented correctly even when it's the only part left, so need an Abort condition for that too. No power, vertical velocity, amount of lift?

Just base it off of a minimum altitude floor and a vertical velocity. i.e. If lower than 100m alt. and traveling > 10m/s (downwards) then eject?

OMG OMG I DIDN'T KNOW, THAT YOU'VE GOT AN ACCOUNT ON THE FORUMS OMG OMG. Oh and when are you going to post new WWK3 episode?

Just base it off of a minimum altitude floor and a vertical velocity. i.e. If lower than 100m alt. and traveling > 10m/s (downwards) then eject?

Ejecting at 100m...fun!

I've seen AI planes skimming the turf on steep dives. That might not be enough.

Eep, just put a vulcan on an aircraft... another call for a volume slider please! I literally can't use that weapon without hurting my ears unless I turn my volume down to the point that I can't hear the aircraft. :D

Omg its EE. I have a question for you EE. Are you having problems with your guns not shooting at cruise missles? I have a small gunboat making use of the APC miniguns from one of the BDarmory addons. They will shoot at any other missile that comes within range but wont shoot at cruise missles. Ive only tested it with the subsonic cruise missles from my anti ship plane.

Good idea.

I guess it should be like thes:

- If no engines left=>eject. Of course player can glide, I glide and land very often, but that's not AI's problem.

- If less then 100 m altitude and descent speed>10m/s, and parts got shot off before => eject.

- No control surfaces left => eject.

- We can also use part counter, like if part count is less then (set up amount for each plane) then eject.

Good idea.

- If no engines left=>eject. Of course player can glide, I glide and land very often, but that's not AI's problem.

- If less then 100 m altitude and descent speed>10m/s, and parts got shot off before => eject.

- We can also use part counter, like if part count is less then (set up amount for each plane) then eject.

good ideas, but the part count should be a percentage like 40% for example and then the ai will eject :D

Good idea.

For me AIs often manage to land without any engine left, just by gliding.

For me AIs often manage to land without any engine left, just by gliding.

In our dogfighting tournaments they often don't get the chance, the opposing AI pilots are murderous in their coup de grace!

Can they actually land? Or is it mechjeb or something, not BDarmory?

I never used MJ, it can't be it

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that's because they were trying to pull up very hard not hit the ground, but were moving too slow to start ascending again...

Eep, just put a vulcan on an aircraft... another call for a volume slider please! I literally can't use that weapon without hurting my ears unless I turn my volume down to the point that I can't hear the aircraft. :D

Will do, putting that on planned options for the sound extension

I never used MJ, it can't be it

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that's because they were trying to pull up very hard not hit the ground, but were moving too slow to start ascending again...

That is the case, BD told me he hadn't configured them to land, they were just trying to pull up and slowly would glide to the ground and land if they had no or half engine power. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I've been wondering if you could add 4-hardpoint missile rail for hellfires?

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/British-army-hellfire-missiles-hoyasmeg.jpg

You can easily make this using his missile hardpoints and the stock heavy hardpoint. :)

You can easily make this using his missile hardpoints and the stock heavy hardpoint. :)

Only problem is that the top 2 hellfires did not fire, due to collision checking.....GRRR......

- - - Updated - - -

And BTW, I know since I tried. :-)

That is the case, BD told me he hadn't configured them to land, they were just trying to pull up and slowly would glide to the ground and land if they had no or half engine power. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using stock hardpoint, but my missiles tend to turn just after releasing making them very uneffective

Only problem is that the top 2 hellfires did not fire, due to collision checking.....GRRR......

- - - Updated - - -

Did you try turning down release time? And I think there is a collision checking option in the CFG that you can turn off for any missile/bomb you want.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using stock hardpoint, but my missiles tend to turn just after releasing making them very uneffective

The stock hardpoint is only for the support, the missiles would still be attached to the BD hardpoints.

Did you try turning down release time? And I think there is a collision checking option in the CFG that you can turn off for any missile/bomb you want.

- - - Updated - - -

The stock hardpoint is only for the support, the missiles would still be attached to the BD hardpoints.

Maybe, but many people like to keep their part count low

It's weird, I haven't designed a plane with over 60 parts in ages thanks to the newer wing parts/mk2 parts and such.

I always think "this will have so many parts" and then I look and it has like 40 or something. :D

Well, we really need proper missile rails, with missiles sliding off them, not falling off.

But, missiles that drop and then fire don't slide off, they drop.

Depends on the missile. I don't see any harm in the drop way for the rails, because the hellfires pretty much go straight anyways.

I just noticed an- interesting occurrence while trying to attack a ground base on Minimus from a moving space fighter. I made a short video of the problem:

I call it a bug in the video, but it may just be due to my stupidly using the wrong weapons and tactics :)

Noted. You're right - the guidance assumes the target is in orbit and doesn't attempt to set a good "air" to ground trajectory. It may have still been able to hit the target if you weren't falling to the ground as quickly.

What's needed is an Abort action group trigger - the mod can already use gear, but determining Abort conditions is trickier - you want it to deploy from a plane that is heavily damaged and out of control, but not one still flying.

An algorithm to determine loss of control would need to account for actual orientation v velocity vector, but allow time to recover from a spin.

- - - Updated - - -

Separate to that, the parachute would need a semi-deployed state to give the Kerbal a chance to lose velocity, but that's not Bahamuto's problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and sometimes the cockpit remains oriented correctly even when it's the only part left, so need an Abort condition for that too. No power, vertical velocity, amount of lift?

Added to AI todo list.

It's coming!

Will do, putting that on planned options for the sound extension

Don't worry about it; I already did it and it will be in the update.

- - - Updated - - -

It should be fixed in the update. Missiles with less than 0.3s of drop time will only do a forward raycast to check for clearance.

- - - Updated - - -

BahamutoD, can you put it to part packs on frist page?

Nick233`s Nuclear Weapons.

I present you new add-on fo BDArmory,Nuclear Weapons!:cool:Pss, don`t say jeb about this addon!

It adds:

Mk92 Bombs(Jus bigger version of Mk 82 Bombs)

Mk1000X Nuke "Baby Kraken" (Oh yeah!)

Mk9999X "Hydrogen Jeb":rolleyes: (I think because of KSP physics it not so effective but stiil!)

Nuclear Explosive Warhead

Hydrogen Explosive Warhead

Maverick with small nuclear warhead

Flags!!!

Some Pictures: (I add more in future...)

http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1438784184/ab57a466/9487389_m.png

http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1438784181/d20a0287/9487388_m.png

Jeb aprroves!

http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1438784192/19d8d124/9487391_m.png

To do list:

Moar nuclear weapons!

Even moar nuclear weapons!!!

My own models and textures

Moar explosions.

Link:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dvtmxwfbujqssbn/AAC9U_kbXEjLDyv26lnPN6N3a?dl=0

You should release parts in a new thread, and you must include license information.