[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

what about spanners boomsticks? theres a 105mm cannon

Spanners Boomsticks does not work, and has not for a long time. Never Enuff Dakka is *currently* incompatible, but will (hopefully) be updated soon.

I am, however, worried to report that the Nuke Mod (found on an earlier post on this thread) still works, and am pleased that P.E.W. still works.

I'm not sure what's going on, but when I downloaded the update via CKAN, my Malware detector lit up. Said that the new turret file had a Trojan in it. You might want to check that.

Probably a false positive.

Don't use CKAN if you want to be absolutely sure.

Spanners Boomsticks does not work, and has not for a long time. Never Enuff Dakka is *currently* incompatible, but will (hopefully) be updated soon.

I am, however, worried to report that the Nuke Mod (found on an earlier post on this thread) still works, and am pleased that P.E.W. still works.

Spanner's is basically out of action until i can sidestep a lot of file changes somehow. As for PEW i have updated it but am not certain it is balanced correctly. also I'm updating all my models so that will take awhile but improve the mod quality alot.

I have a problem where the laser targeting cam is locked onto a ground object on the planes first flyby but on a second attempt, the laser isn't aligned any more

You lost your targeting lock because you flew past the gimbal range of the designator, so it cleared the lock.

The one big thing I would like to see is the Armed/Disarmed toggle works for guard mode as well. I want guard mode to be on, piloting and throwing flairs. But I'd like to actually control when missile is away, instead of having guard mode make that decision. So a craft can stalk another, getting on it's 6, but not firing until I arm the weapon.

Does that make sense?

I have plans to let you select only certain weapons for the guard to use. That should cover what you're looking for.

Hi,

I am just curious on when are you going to "teach" the AI's on how to use the current targeting system? Also, when are you going to start a new poll? I really want contracts based on this mod. I am tired of setting everything up that would take a couple of hours which would only give me 3 minutes of fun time. Other than that, this is a very well done mod of yours. :)

I'm working on the guard stuff right now. There probably won't be another poll for a while. The logical next steps are to work on AI first, then missions, then contracts - the difference between missions and contracts being that missions could be done in sandbox (enabling a mission would set up a scenario for you), and contracts would be missions in career mode, and would require a good tech progression (tonnnss of work!). I'll be honest, I'm not promising to build a complete, balanced, career game with different versions of parts to fill each tech level.. (I need to get a job and move out of my parents house some day!)

When are we likely to get the modding guides?

Well, I don't know about a 'modding guide' but I'll be making a video on basic turret setup soon.

BTW, caught the cause of this 'lag' on the CKAN side - the 'v' in the version numbering was changed and that was tripping it up - "v0.8" sorts before "0.9"

An override was added that should have dealt with this. May have to be changed again if you change your version notation again :P

Oops! I'll make sure to stay consistent from now on.

They're from my upcoming BDArmory expansion Red vs Blue (RvB). Just got them textured and been testing them since the update... pre-0.90 BDA, missiles and the occasional bomb would randomly explode when fired from any of the WE racks or the launchers - a collision mesh issue I think - but now they work perfectly! :D

- snip -

Unfortunately I have to write a moduleManager config thing for BDA so the stores will have the proper attachment nodes, which will be an incredibly painful process as I'll have to reload the assets a million times to get the proper node placement but it'll be worth it! Okay, okay, I may be exaggerating slightly... it's only maybe about half an hour per part - I got the Mk82 done, but I faked the rest in the photos as they were there to verify that they'll launch without exploding. I'll also have find a way to make it so missiles default to forward launch and 0/0 drop time/decouple speed to avoid catastrophic launches.

Those rails look great!

All the missiles are setup with the same orientation, so you would just have to copy the values from the srf_attach node to a new stack node and it should be fine. You may have to test it a couple times on one part to find the correct direction the node needs to point, but then you can use that for the rest of the missiles.

Missiles should launch without exploding fine from now on - I just made it so they have 9999 crash tolerance for about a second while launching.

edit: That's a good idea though. I may have to put some attach nodes on the adjustable rail when I have time. I guess let me know if you already have missile nodes set up before I get to it.

I have some display bugs to fix (like Baha's problem earlier with the oversized parts thumbnail in the parts menu in the SPH... it's probably a unity thing from export, but it's kinda popping up randomly so I'm not too sure what causes it)

I couldn't figure out why it was happening in the first place, but the problem was that whatever was handling the scaling of objects in the part catalog wasn't detecting the mesh of the body of the TGP (it only focused on the ball section), so to fix it, I hid a primitive cube inside the body, and it worked fine after that.

baha, please fix the AN/ALQ-131 ECM. when i turn it on it immediatly turns back off and as soon as a throttle back or move it turns itself off

It worked last time I checked, but I'll look at it. You sure you have electricity?

Hey. Could I submit a feature request? Could it be possible to tweak the detection range of radars? Thanks for the mod Bahamuto, this has given me a lot of joy since I discovered it.

Is there a reason you need to tweak it in-game? If you just want to change it, you can edit the minSignalThreshold value in the config. The lower the value, the more sensitive it is.

I REALLY like this update, though there's one thing I would like: If I target a vessel by double-clicking, I'd like the targeting pod to attempt to lock to that target. At the moment, unless I'm flying fairly high and very slow, it's nearly impossible for me to lock onto anything smaller than a shuttle orbiter.

Is it impossible because the camera moves too much when you rotate it?

I don't want to just let you double click on stuff to target them - would defeat the purpose of the targeting systems.

What I could do is add a fine-control toggle.

Hi

I have a problem where the laser targeting cam is locked onto a ground object on the planes first flyby but on a second attempt, the laser isn't aligned any more

Great mod. Everything

If you go beyond gimbal limits, as long as you don't try to move the camera, it'll remember the point you were pointing at before and re-stabilize on it when you get back in the FOV.

I'm not sure what's going on, but when I downloaded the update via CKAN, my Malware detector lit up. Said that the new turret file had a Trojan in it. You might want to check that.

I don't know anything about CKAN or why it might detect malware. You might want to bring it up with the CKAN people.

Spanner's is basically out of action until i can sidestep a lot of file changes somehow. As for PEW i have updated it but am not certain it is balanced correctly. also I'm updating all my models so that will take awhile but improve the mod quality alot.

What you'll probably need to do for Spanners is grab taniwha's .mu import tool for Blender, then re-export it into Unity so you can do the proper setup. There's no way to get old turrets to work with the new modules from configs alone.

How do I make something fire multiple bullets at once, like the 50cal? I couldn't see any parameter in the cfg.

If you mean like a shotgun, its not supported at this time.

Edited by BahamutoD

Hey man thanks for answering my question. However, is there a download somewhere for 8.3? I like a lot of the new features but even in legacy mode things still don't work right.

-Toggling the settings on the weapons manager changes them in the BD Toolbar UI, but not vice versa.

-Some missiles don't function properly. (I haven't replaced the missiles since updating though. Could that be the problem?)

Edited by clown_baby

Hey man thanks for answering my question. However, is there a download somewhere for 8.3? I like a lot of the new features but even in legacy mode things still don't work right.

-First and foremost, I don't know if anyone told you, but there are duplicate parts. Such as the weapons manager and hidden cannon.

-The settings are different between the weapons manager on the ship(right click) and the BD UI that is selected from the toolbar. Toggling things in one doesn't change the other.

-The Guard mode seems to be jettisoning the missiles instead of firing them. (I haven't replaced the missiles since updating though. Could that be the problem?)

Anyway, you know I appreciate the work, but I'd really just like to go back to the last stable build until everything is ready to go in 9+. I deleted my zip, which was dumb.

On Kerbalstuff you can download any version you would like just click "changelog"

On Kerbalstuff you can download any version you would like just click "changelog"

Thanks I couldn't find that anywhere. Anyway my problems solved for now. Once those bugs are fixed I'll upgrade.

Hey. Could I submit a feature request? Could it be possible to tweak the detection range of radars? Thanks for the mod Bahamuto, this has given me a lot of joy since I discovered it.

Oops, it turns out I left a temporary setting of 0.1 for the threshold of scanning, which means all radars have pretty much maximum scan range. It'll be fixed.

-The settings are different between the weapons manager on the ship(right click) and the BD UI that is selected from the toolbar. Toggling things in one doesn't change the other.

-The Guard mode seems to be jettisoning the missiles instead of firing them. (I haven't replaced the missiles since updating though. Could that be the problem?)

Anyway, you know I appreciate the work, but I'd really just like to go back to the last stable build until everything is ready to go in 9+. I deleted my zip, which was dumb.

Just ignore the weapon manager's right click menu.. I really should just remove it because all the features and more are more easily available in the toolbar. Whenever I see people having difficulty trying to right click the weapon manager part in videos, I wonder.. "why? Just use the toolbar!".

Guards really shouldn't be jettisoning missiles instead of firing them. I guess you should try replacing them, but it's not something that should happen at all.

wow was a first to have the plugin .dll come up as maleware when extracting it lol. ofcouse i know its not but its the first time ive ever had it get flaged thou.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Oops, it turns out I left a temporary setting of 0.1 for the threshold of scanning, which means all radars have pretty much maximum scan range. It'll be fixed.

Just ignore the weapon manager's right click menu.. I really should just remove it because all the features and more are more easily available in the toolbar. Whenever I see people having difficulty trying to right click the weapon manager part in videos, I wonder.. "why? Just use the toolbar!".

Guards really shouldn't be jettisoning missiles instead of firing them. I guess you should try replacing them, but it's not something that should happen at all.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

it was iobit malware fighter v3.2 that said it was malware. maybe that help.

it calles it a trojan.dropper

Edited by sidfu

I couldn't figure out why it was happening in the first place, but the problem was that whatever was handling the scaling of objects in the part catalog wasn't detecting the mesh of the body of the TGP (it only focused on the ball section), so to fix it, I hid a primitive cube inside the body, and it worked fine after that.

There is a mod to fix that, I may search for it. It just adds special config options to specify the scale.

It worked last time I checked, but I'll look at it. You sure you have electricity?

Confirmed, this happens quite often, even then I have 2k electricity usually used for my laser.

Is there a reason you need to tweak it in-game? If you just want to change it, you can edit the minSignalThreshold value in the config. The lower the value, the more sensitive it is.

As I wrote before, radars have their max range defined not only by sensitivity, but by interval between pulses as well - waves have to go there, be reflected and go back before next pulse starts.

Is it impossible because the camera moves too much when you rotate it?

I don't want to just let you double click on stuff to target them - would defeat the purpose of the targeting systems.

What I could do is add a fine-control toggle.

It has good sensitivity that allows us to finetune the targeting point, but targeting is too slow now. I recommend you to make such system:

Short clicks on buttons work like now. However, if you press and hold it, speed of movement starts with current value and then gradually increases to a certain thereshold.

If you mean like a shotgun, its not supported at this time.

.50 cal turret has two barrels that fire simultaneousky, that's what he meant. How to do that?

Also, how to give a weapon auto lock capability? Currently the laser doesn't follow targeting pod. Not sure with radar tho.

Remember I've asked about giving separate guard modes to each weapon? We really need it as well, together with multiple radars per vessel support it. CIWS systems on ships are great examples - they are usually completely independent.

Jupp, that would be good, i thought about something like the data link, just that all radars are sharing their data on the same vessel. Also, the missiles really need to be trackable, otherwise it's really hard for a ciws to shoot them down, because you have to aim manually. Also, just a request, the next step could be active phased array radars, which are basically just a plate which has a "field of view" and is able to track multiple targets inside it.

I would love to have independant guard modes for different weapons, so lets say i can have my laser begin to engage missles at 5km and then have a goalkeeper come in alongside it at 3.5km and then 20mm vulcans alongside those at 2km. Also have it so all guards dont target 1 missle or plane

Turns out a lot of my problems were because I merged Gamedata folders instead of replacing. Whoops rookie mistake.

In regards to getting rid of the the right click menu. I don't mind that, but I don't want to loose action keys. I like making videos without having to use the UI. So being able to arm/toggle guard/toggle team with action keys is important.

And the missiles seem much less accurate. I assume that's by design. The sidewinders in particular.

And this i solely out of curiosity, not even a request. But is it possible to make it so that switching through crafts with [ and ] avoids the missiles? What about debris?

And the missiles seem much less accurate. I assume that's by design. The sidewinders in particular.

And this i solely out of curiosity, not even a request. But is it possible to make it so that switching through crafts with [ and ] avoids the missiles? What about debris?

Signing under each sentence.

Missiles are much easier to avoid, especially with jamming. Too easy to avoid. In fact, they often lose lock half a kilometer from you and 4km from its launcher radar when you're jamming. I've thought home on jam mode sould be more reliable.

You know, in terms of air combat I reference LockOn and DCS series. THey have pretty accurate modelling of that, except earth noise effect. For example, the more powerful the radar, the more difficult it is to avoid its missile.

Also, can you add status indicator of missile launched my you? Like time to target estimation, "gone active", "lost target" etc?