[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Update v0.9.4

= New =

- Stack nodes for missiles/rockets/pods

- Stack node for AdjustableRail

- Adjustable rail will update the position of attached objects when height is adjusted (no more reattaching)

Demonstration GFY

= Fixes =

- Fixed guard turrets not aiming/firing when 'visually' acquiring a target

- Fixed missile not receiving target data from weapon manager if fired via right-click menu or action group

- Fixed missiles being removed from guard's target database

- Fixed guards not engaging missiles with new targeting system

Just found that latest HARM variant, AGM-88E has GPS/INS guidance as well. It aims at last target's GPS position in case its radar was shut down. Would be nice to have it implemented.

btw, Hellfire is a real anti-air defences buster. No system can hit it due to its small size.

Update v0.9.4

= New =

- Adjustable rail will update the position of attached objects when height is adjusted (no more reattaching)

Demonstration GFY

= Fixes =

- Fixed missile not receiving target data from weapon manager if fired via right-click menu or action group

Thanks for all the hard work BD. I know all these new features must have been in the works for quite a long time. We really appreciate everything you've done.

When the ai are using fixed guns they cant seem to hit anything, always aiming too high or low of the target and the aiming reticle seems to be inaccurate.

Edited by Wolf123

Update v0.9.4

= New =

Demonstration GFY

= Fixes =

Amazing! I spent forever rigging a mount for my F-15 last night, I should have just waited haha

When the ai are using fixed guns they cant seem to hit anything, always aiming too high or low of the target and the aiming reticle seems to be inaccurate.

Well, have you tried hitting with a fixed gun?

Its not very easy. Trust me, the AI missing with fixed guns is much better than before when they shot perfect every time.

Also, if they aren't points perfectly forward, it will miss. Baha said the AI assumes they're pointed forwards.

For me it seems that fixed guns are only accurate when they are radar assisted, otherwise the reticle will be too low or high and it seems like the ai are aiming at the wrong place, they cant hit anything. I might be wrong though :P

Edit: With your target locked on, fixed guns are quite easy to aim, just like 8.3 the reticle is accurate.

Edited by Wolf123

Baha, I was building a SPAAG or two when something occurred to me that might make custom AA vehicles more feasible.

Simply, a IR style rotatatron/hinge that can be controlled by the Weapon Manager. Maybe make it work normally whenever you choose, then have a 'slave to guidance' option similar to the already existing 'slave turret' ability. This would allow us to build combination gun/missile AA vehicles that react smoother and without input from the player. As it is, if the missile/guns are mounted on an IR turret, and the target plane is outside the targeting envelope, it ain't doin diddly squat.

Any how, my two cents.

Update v0.9.4

= New =

Demonstration GFY

= Fixes =

Are there nodes for stacking missile rails to the sides of other missile rails? This would make stacking missile rails much easier.

Just found that latest HARM variant, AGM-88E has GPS/INS guidance as well. It aims at last target's GPS position in case its radar was shut down. Would be nice to have it implemented.

That's already implemented.

Edit: With your target locked on, fixed guns are quite easy to aim, just like 8.3 the reticle is accurate.

Maybe that has something to do with why they aim way off if AI pilots aren't switching on radar to help with aiming, but in any case, the main reason is I haven't really worked on the AI pilot much yet.

Is it just me or the AI never engages anyone with guns? It many times had perfect shot but still didn't shoot.

I'm gonna need more details than that. That last update was all about fixing and testing that turrets work with guards.

Are there nodes for stacking missile rails to the sides of other missile rails? This would make stacking missile rails much easier.

It's just for making attaching missiles to rails with perfect alignment easier.

I don't know if it's a known issue but for some reason my anti air missiles never come close to their target.

I use the radar with locking capabilities and the guard system and the aim-120 as the missiles.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong since I configure the guard menu and arm the system before I switch to the other aircraft.

BD, would it be possible to have missile reloading work like they did in InfiniteDice's Skillful mod? Right now it's only possible to reload missiles with KIS as far as I'm aware but it would make it a lot easier to be able to just use a kerbal in EVA to tweak a missile/bomb onto the rail once it's been fired, unless there is some reason why you would not want to do that?

Ok so the problem for me is that with fixed guns, the AI stills aims perfectly, for a point about 2m above the target aircraft. This is even when it has a clear shot, is on the targets 6, and the target is flying straight and level. For a 30s period of firing from a optimal position it still can't land a hit. Also as they are supposed to be WW2 they have no radar.

P.S Can you make it so that when we close the Radar Warning Receiver it stays closed until we want it again?

Playing around with the 9.3 update. I've given both my Raptor and Eagle Radar nosecones. The Raptor has a payload of x4 AIM 120's & x4 Sidewinders. The eagle has x6 120's and x2 Sidewinders.

The Stealth Raptor has x6 Sidewinders and x2 Hellfire. I have also given the Raptor doors Jamming code.

MODULE{

name = ModuleECMJammer

jammerStrength = 900}

MODULE{

name = BDACategoryModule}

Each door has a strength of 900, but from what I can tell you can only use one. Right now the doors jam constantly, but if the jammer could get an action key I could open/jam off and close/jam on with action keys.

Here is the video of the Eagle and Raptor vs the Stealth Raptor. You can guess for yourself if the jammer is making any difference at all. I could kind of tell that it helped, maybe I'll just have to turn the strenth way up.

The legacy targeting is not enabled for this video.

2ss0k

Other things I've noticed

- The AI hasn't fired the cannon once

- AI seems to be taking some stupid shots. Like @ 3:05 (This may have something to do with my scan interval, you can see me turn it down right after. I just don't want the sky littered with missed missiles, it slows my computer down.)

- The AI wouldn't fire the sidewinders until I turned the radar off

Edit:

Just ran the same scenario in 9.4. Everything seems better but the jamming still doesn't seem to be helpful. I'm gonna turn the value from 900 to like 10,000 and see what happens.

Edited by clown_baby

Would it be possible to separate the jammer traits? I just thought of something for RvB about making nosecones that were separate from jammers and radars; there would be a regular nose cone, and a stealth nose cone that would only reduce the RCS of aircraft (obviously it doesn't draw power and isn't toggleable). Then I would make inline radar sets with various traits so players could mix radars with stealthy traits by swapping out nosecones. It's a few more parts, but it makes things more modular.

How it would work with stealthy nosecones and jammers... additive? I'm not sure yet as it would probably have to be playtested.

EDIT:

Speaking of which, I have released the pylons and so on for RvB here. Have fun!

Edited by Scoundrel