[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

So if you had a fairly average mk2 plane sized spaceship roughly how close would a radome have to be to find it?

And if you had a giant mk405698 plane (which would probably be the size of Jool) would a radome be able to see it at 20km?

More questions :sticktongue:

Edited by volcanicshrimp

Since I updated to 0.9.x, I've been having a problem where the weapons manager tab in the toolbar cannot detect that a weapons manager is on the craft until the craft is in some way reloaded (e.g. revert to launch, or switch to another craft and back.)

I have also not been able to get anything to appear on radar of any type, although I may just be doing it wrong. Can someone help?

The missing weapon manager toolbar window is a known bug.

For the radar - are the things you're trying to detect airborne?

Could someone explain to me how the HARM missiles work? I activated the radar of the target plane but the missile doesn't lock on.

You need to have your Radar Warning Receiver enabled. (Modules tab in the weapon maanger)

So if you had a fairly average mk2 plane sized spaceship roughly how close would a radome have to be to find it?

And if you had a giant mk405698 plane (which would probably be the size of Jool) would a radome be able to see it at 20km?

More questions :sticktongue:

At the moment its anywhere between 10-20 km (also depends on the orientation of the plane). These things are bound to be changed though.

Silly question from someone who enjoys this nod..

Would it be possible to have some sort of system to set up some sort of simultaneous multi-targeting/multi-launch system? Something akin to the multi-AA/multi-AGM missiles from the HAWX games - Essentially, setting targets per-missile without a flurry of clicking and all that.

I know, it's probably not terribly realistic, but it would be quite awesome to set something like that up to launch a flurry of missiles or large numbers of JDAMs against, say, the space center.

Also, is it possible to make missiles that split into multiple missiles? Just as a point of curiosity.

Silly question from someone who enjoys this nod..

Would it be possible to have some sort of system to set up some sort of simultaneous multi-targeting/multi-launch system? Something akin to the multi-AA/multi-AGM missiles from the HAWX games - Essentially, setting targets per-missile without a flurry of clicking and all that.

I know, it's probably not terribly realistic, but it would be quite awesome to set something like that up to launch a flurry of missiles or large numbers of JDAMs against, say, the space center.

Also, is it possible to make missiles that split into multiple missiles? Just as a point of curiosity.

Theoretically if you make a missile with modular missile guidance and have a guard mode on it that will launch smaller missiles...

Baha, is it possible to make AI rapidly change targets? FOr example, I want a bomber to drop a bunch of JDAMS on a bunch of targets that are close to each other.

Btw, while I was dogfighting today my playlist on youtube switched to NA\azgul theme from LoTR. Thaat was epic. :P

Baha, I have a small but simple request. NExt time you reexport models of weapons that have cameras, can you add transforms to the respective places of models, according to that description? I guess it would be simple enough to do, and it will give us a possibility to add RPM cameras to them with a simple config? It is very nice to have the image from gun's point of view in IVA.

Z+ direction of the transform, with X+ towards the right of the field of view

From my memory, parts that have the lenses: Goalkeeper, targeting pod, Abrams.

Edited by sashan

Do what I do - change it yourself, shove your one line fix at Baha via github and proceed to feel good about your great contribution :wink:

..I never actually asked if that's the prefered way to do things, but hey, if nothing else you get to run your custom dll while waiting for the official patch.

EDIT: Actually, I did it for you. How does this look? Let me know if it does what you were looking for and I'll send it over to BahamutoD.

This works perfectly, thanks Yski.

I've never used github before, so off to find some github tutorials.

Hello!

I've recently installed the latest version of this mod and I'm having some issues figuring out whether the ballistic aim have been removed or not. In the earlier version I had, the turrets would automatically correct themselves to hit the target when locked. For example if I aimed so that the green reticle was on the target the turret would fire in front of the moving target to compensate for velocity and bullet drop. Is this removed or have I missed the obvious?

Thanks in advance!

Theoretically if you make a missile with modular missile guidance and have a guard mode on it that will launch smaller missiles...

Sadly, this doesn't seem to work.. I'll keep trying, but my hopes aren't too high..

Doing this as an AGM, for the record.

It may be something that needs manual control for the moment, sadly..

Sadly, this doesn't seem to work..

Really? I would have thought it would work.

If it really doesn't work for some reason, you could always use kOS or some other auto pilot mod to fly the initial missile, basically turning it into an auto pilot controlled little ship that heads straight for your target. It's a little less handy, but at least you won't need to fly it manually.

Aha, got it! It's a bit wonky, but it works!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/130ym18irobxo35/MIRV.craft?dl=0 [REQ: BD Armory, Stock]

Part of the issue I was having was with the weapon manager. It still needs to be flown manually for the moment, unless one can, say, tie an action group to the modular missile guidance to use at some point in the future for acting as a multi-warhead munition, but hey.

Something to keep in mind that threw me off: The Modular Missile Guidance is still using legacy targeting, far as I can tell. At the very least, it's not using GPS or laser guidance (which would be wonderful!)

Instructions are in the craft description. This was more a proof of concept than anything else - It sports 18 AGM-114s as its payload, and it uses cruise missile guidance.. And it's a thing to see when it fires! Sorry for not having screenshots.

Update v0.9.7

= New =

- Key/button inputs for TGP and Radar

- Input binding page in settings menu

- Target selector cursor for radar when using keys/buttons

- GPS Coordinator highlights and shows name of selected target

- Off button for radar window

= Changes =

- Toolbar window face-lift and improvements

- Removed most fields/buttons from weapon manager's right-click menu

- TGP will start slewing slower then speed up - better precision

- Settings window is now draggable

- Reorganized radar buttons

- Jamming on b-scope no longer shows altitude indication (always green)

- Position of radar pings on B-scope won't update until next scan (easier to select)

= Fixes =

- Stops firing guns if clicking on RWR, data link window, or GPS window

- Fixed display of crossed-out HUD target indicator when radar-locking a friendly

- Fixed missile decouple speed not being applied to guard-fired missiles

- Fixed frame of reference for B-scope so targets in look-up or look-down situation show correct range

- Fixed position updates of attached missiles when adjusting missile rail height (caused by the extra nodes)

Notes:

- The Weapon Manager GUI window now mostly uses the KSP skin and has a few improvements. Hope you like it.

- The format for the settings file has changed, but as of now, for any new updates in the future, it should be safe to retain your settings.cfg, and gpsTargets.cfg when updating to a new version.

- You can now use keyboard or joystick buttons for TGP and Radar, but by default, all of the functions are not yet bound. There's a button in the settings window to edit inputs (alt-B, or the settings button at the top right of the weapon manager window).

- Axis binds are not yet supported (only buttons/keys).

- If you had an issue where the weapon manager GUI window said "No weapon manager found" despite having one on your craft - I was unable to replicate the issue, but I added a line of code to look for the weapon manager again once the craft has unpacked, so hopefully that will fix it for you.

Hey guys so in terms of the KAS addition to this mod. Where do I put that coding into to make it function in game? Thanks in advance!

I am assuming that you are using modulemanager scripts to do so. You can find guides for modulemanager on the forums. You then place that script anywhere in the gamedata folder.

Edited by Whizzkid

Great mod! Love it.

I do , however, have trouble using the JDAM. They don't seem fly to my GPS co-ords.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a good demonstration?

Kind regards,

Great mod! Love it.

I do , however, have trouble using the JDAM. They don't seem fly to my GPS co-ords.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a good demonstration?

Kind regards,

First, use the targeting pod to set the gps coordinates. In the gps co coordinator module, click on the co ordinates you just sent so they show on the designated coordinate area. Then switch your selected weapon to the JDAM using the weapon manager and release it when the target is in the green targeting area.

Aha, got it! It's a bit wonky, but it works!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/130ym18irobxo35/MIRV.craft?dl=0 [REQ: BD Armory, Stock]

Part of the issue I was having was with the weapon manager. It still needs to be flown manually for the moment, unless one can, say, tie an action group to the modular missile guidance to use at some point in the future for acting as a multi-warhead munition, but hey.

Something to keep in mind that threw me off: The Modular Missile Guidance is still using legacy targeting, far as I can tell. At the very least, it's not using GPS or laser guidance (which would be wonderful!)

Instructions are in the craft description. This was more a proof of concept than anything else - It sports 18 AGM-114s as its payload, and it uses cruise missile guidance.. And it's a thing to see when it fires! Sorry for not having screenshots.

The modular missile guidance can be odd sometimes. The worst offender is it still completely ignores reentry... if I engage it after hitting the atmosphere (And dropping rest off missile except warhead+terminal guidance stage thing) it will go full throttle straight forward... needless to say, it explodes rather quickly.

Hi, I'm currently making a 30mm fixed gun, everything checks out, but since I just copied the cfg from the hidden vulcan, the accuracy is all over the place.

What line of cfg determines turret (or in this case, fixed gun) accuracy?

And what does maxDeviation do and is there in depth explanation on how it works.

i seem to have a strange bug that i think comes from this mod...every time i switch camera to a missile thats been launched solid white squares appear in the sky http://i.imgur.com/n2KQFHX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Fp0Az7O.png

log http://1drv.ms/1TVCvGM

I had something similar when I crashed a hovercraft into the water. Two white squares appeared. So I think the bug is caused by KerbalFoundries.