[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Not with the new system. Granted, the laser system didn't work with my setup, so don't take my word for it. I have to work on that. I did manage it in 0.24, both guns and lasers..

I gave it a go with the turreted .50s, and they made a valiant effort to shoot down an incoming PAC-3. The Vulcan's didn't even try. Must have been their day off.

Either way, it'd be neat if anyone else has managed to pull an anti-missile system off. Interceptor missiles would be too impractical (unless you could redo a Sidewinder as a HARM and be able to send it after incoming SAMs/AMRAAMS).

Maybe MetalStorm?

he sent me these when i was working on spanner's not sue how helpful they are though

http://puu.sh/jWH9q/ce02769e4e.png

http://puu.sh/jWHhG/2bfebed7f5.jpg

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

time to finish the Atomic Annie

I mean Nuclear Valentina

EDIT:

Looks like I'll still need a tutorial.... cannon no worky :(

Edited by harpwner

Well im tryin to make a turret of my own, and this is probably the first time seeing turret codes so it literally looks just like a picture to me:confused:

Those are just basic pictures of the Unity set up.

And they might be outdated.

We should just wait for the tutorial...

And they might be outdated.

We should just wait for the tutorial...

Those are the latest bahaTurret setups since the .50 was only included in 0.9.9.1, and the goalkeeper was updated to use the newer bahaTurret.

The first one shows the position of the fireTransform and its orientation so you know where and what direction the projectiles will emit from. Since its a fixed forward weapon, there's nothing particularly complex to see there.

The second picture shows the parent-child structure of a turret. While I can't say for certain if turretHolder or goalkeeper is a null or if either of them is the baseplate, it doesn't really matter: they are the top of the structure from which the turret is built from; their child is the yawTransform, which rotates everything sideways like a turret ring. Everything that is a child of the yawTransform rotates with it, which is why it goes base>yawTransform>rest of turret. From there, everything that goes up and down as the barrel (not the turret!) moves becomes the child of the pitchTransform - that includes the fireTransform and all the muzzle flash effects. It's actually really simple and pretty much exactly like rigging an animation in any higher-end 3d software, so even a n00b like me can figure it out... which I did and now I have a working stealth cannon! :D

iUaqxF4.jpg

Open for business! :cool:

VvImPat.jpg

Dakka-Dakka-Dakka! :D

I'm still playing around with the texture on the magazine (which is accurately sized and weighted for the munitions, because I'm OCD about this stuff for some reason); and I may have to rethink those smoke particles... hours of fiddling and I still can't get it to look right. :huh:

@Baha: Also I've been ignoring the toggle gui buttons on the stealth parts (artefacts of the jammer module) but it occurred to me as I get RvB ready for testing that it might mess up players. Mayhaps, kind sir, that little issue could be addressed at a future point? :)

Edited by Scoundrel

Any chance of getting a "fire" button in the GUI for the selected weapon (not just missle weapons)? KOS can only fire missiles at the moment, since only missiles have a "fire" button, and KOS only exposes controls exposed directly to the user.

I realise it may be prudent to wait for 1.1 to drop because of the UI overhauls that are coming. But I'd love to be able to have my AI mechs fire more than just missiles and rockets.

Does anyone else have problems with using both BDarmory and FAR, the missiles are really sluggish and miss alot?

Sure you have the latest FAR? I remember they've stopped applying FAR aerodynamics to launched missiles, so it should have no effect.

Does anyone else have problems with using both BDarmory and FAR, the missiles are really sluggish and miss alot?

Yes, this happens to me too. I tweaked the config files to fix it on my own install.

I have a suggestion: Make it so that when using the Targeting Pod, you can target something with the stock game and then have an option for the camera on the pod to focus on it. This would save a lot of people a lot of searching and scrolling trying to target something that they just wanted to see explode, whilst still using the awesome targeting mechanics in the mod.

Also, is there any way you can streamline the launching of Cruise Missiles (RBS and that other one :sticktongue:) so that you don't have to first target it with the pod, then send the GPS, then set the GPS target, then fire it?

And finally, this mod is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Those are the latest bahaTurret setups since the .50 was only included in 0.9.9.1, and the goalkeeper was updated to use the newer bahaTurret.

The first one shows the position of the fireTransform and its orientation so you know where and what direction the projectiles will emit from. Since its a fixed forward weapon, there's nothing particularly complex to see there.

The second picture shows the parent-child structure of a turret. While I can't say for certain if turretHolder or goalkeeper is a null or if either of them is the baseplate, it doesn't really matter: they are the top of the structure from which the turret is built from; their child is the yawTransform, which rotates everything sideways like a turret ring. Everything that is a child of the yawTransform rotates with it, which is why it goes base>yawTransform>rest of turret. From there, everything that goes up and down as the barrel (not the turret!) moves becomes the child of the pitchTransform - that includes the fireTransform and all the muzzle flash effects. It's actually really simple and pretty much exactly like rigging an animation in any higher-end 3d software, so even a n00b like me can figure it out... which I did and now I have a working stealth cannon! :D

http://i.imgur.com/iUaqxF4.jpg

Open for business! :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/VvImPat.jpg

Dakka-Dakka-Dakka! :D

I'm still playing around with the texture on the magazine (which is accurately sized and weighted for the munitions, because I'm OCD about this stuff for some reason); and I may have to rethink those smoke particles... hours of fiddling and I still can't get it to look right. :huh:

@Baha: Also I've been ignoring the toggle gui buttons on the stealth parts (artefacts of the jammer module) but it occurred to me as I get RvB ready for testing that it might mess up players. Mayhaps, kind sir, that little issue could be addressed at a future point? :)

Ok that makes more Sense thanks.

I have trouble making heads or tails of Unity Set ups unless I'm the one doing them.

Well I think I'll try to make a Few fixed Sci Fi Cannons :)

I have a suggestion: Make it so that when using the Targeting Pod, you can target something with the stock game and then have an option for the camera on the pod to focus on it. This would save a lot of people a lot of searching and scrolling trying to target something that they just wanted to see explode, whilst still using the awesome targeting mechanics in the mod.

Also, is there any way you can streamline the launching of Cruise Missiles (RBS and that other one :sticktongue:) so that you don't have to first target it with the pod, then send the GPS, then set the GPS target, then fire it?

And finally, this mod is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

His first idea, I second. The second one......it makes for more modularity, in my opinion.

How does BD Armoury normally read the user input to fire the guns? Is it just a Unity Keypress event? If so, then maybe kOS needs support for "insert a keypress event now". as a generic means to simulate player inputs that way.

What we really need is the ability to update GPS targets in real time - JDAMs and most of cruise missiles can do it. Currently they are useless against moving targets.

there is them possibility of having a cruise missile switch to IR or radar guidance when within X meters of its target but it is yet to be integrated

How does BD Armoury normally read the user input to fire the guns? Is it just a Unity Keypress event? If so, then maybe kOS needs support for "insert a keypress event now". as a generic means to simulate player inputs that way.

Having KOS support keypresses sounds good to me, although it does seem to go against the current design paradigm, where everything is abstracted away from the KOS programmer and only specific functions are exposed (to make the language easier to pick up). In any event, I believe older versions of BDA had a "fire" button on each individual weapon. Not that useful I'll grant, the weapon manager solution is much better for everything other thank KOS :D

Edit to actually answer the question!

BD Armory actually lets you set any kind of button (mouse, keyboard or joystick) in a setup menu. Standard sort of input config, click the "set input" button, then press the input you want to use and it will detect it. Buf if KOS could only do keyboard, that would be fine. Maybe mouse too since that's probably not too difficult. Stay away from josystick input. As someone who does use one, I know how terrible Unity is at working with them, you wouldn't want to get stuck ironing out KOS joystick input bugs for the next three months. It's not worth the trouble. I get around the problem by turning every single one of my joystick buttons into a keyboard event via autohotkey anyway.

Edited by allmhuran