[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

11 minutes ago, gary85 said:

Why when im flying near my aaa gun or missle launcher with 600 - 700 ms they explode?

Stock game issue unrelated to any mods can't be fixed.

On 12/3/2015, 5:29:48, Svm420 said:

@BahamutoD What is the difference between the 3 AAM and 2 AGM homingTypes aam, aampure and aamLead; AGM and AGMBallistic?  Thanks! New turret ai look great!

@BahamutoD Would you be able to answer this please? Thank you!

2 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

Well the only exceptions I see are from DestructionEffects, but that should affect BDArmory.  I can't really tell from here what could be going wrong.  If you want, you could try the current dev version of the plugin and see if that works for you.  https://github.com/BahamutoD/BDArmory/blob/master/BahaTurret/bin/Debug/BahaTurret.dll (Click the raw button to download, replace the file in BDArmory/Plugins)

Thanks. But it didn't fix it for me. The problem seems to be the radar not being able to lock on. It simply refuses to keep a lock after I select something. (Yes, i'm using the TWS)

Hey BD, I had a question about the wing man system in development. Is it possible to have multiple VTOL craft (controlled by an upward facing command module) hover in formation? I know there are mods out there to hold a hover so I know it can be done. Just beyond me as to how to setup the plugin to do so.

5 hours ago, sashan said:

Yup, but should it be stereo or mono, which rate?
Also, what about spin up/down sounds? That's how they are usualy called at least, first one is played in the start of the burst, last one - after the burst or during the last shot.

Just take a look at the vulcan sound files and config.  If you use a looping sound (oneshotaudio (?) = false) then it will loop the fire sound, then play the 'overheat' sound at the end of the burst.

3 hours ago, Svm420 said:

Stock game issue unrelated to any mods can't be fixed.

@BahamutoD Would you be able to answer this please? Thank you!

AAMLead is the current air to air guidance, where it flies towards a point in space where the missile and target trajectories will intersect at their current speeds.  AAMPure would be flying directly towards the target's current position, but it isnt implemented yet so it defaults to AAMLead.  AAM defaults to AAMLead as well - it's there to be compatible with old configs that only have AAM.  AGM is the original agm guidance I wrote, which follows a vector towards point above the target which descends onto the target as the missile gets closer.  This makes the missile fly relatively level until it gets closer and dives toward the target. The maverick and hellfire use/used this.  AGMBallistic points the missile's velocity vector to a direction where it would naturally land at the target with no thrust or drag (a ballistic trajectory). The JDAM uses this.

2 hours ago, MatsSanders said:

Thanks. But it didn't fix it for me. The problem seems to be the radar not being able to lock on. It simply refuses to keep a lock after I select something. (Yes, i'm using the TWS)

I can't replicate the issue.. I'd just try installing it on a fresh copy of ksp and add other mods one at a time to see if any of them are causing a conflict.

Edited by BahamutoD

10 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

f you use a looping sound (oneshotaudio (?) = false) then it will loop the fire sound, then play the 'overheat' sound at the end of the burst.

Thanks, I've never would have guessed that. 

Also, don't know if it's intended, but Gatling guns don't spin while firing, Instead they gradually spin up when the burst ends and spin down immidiately after that. Can you check it? Looks really nasty. Happened to me on all versions and all installs since the spring.

6 hours ago, cyberpawn said:

what is RPM? how to adjust it?

Rasterpropmonitor probably. Adds screens and stuff while in IVA, the new cockpit by Bahamuto relies on it for the cool inside data and stuff. As for adjust, that word alone as written means nothing to me, no idea.

4 hours ago, Angstinator said:

RPM means one of two things, and I'm out of context here, so I can't tell what you're referring to.

Anyway, what does the "LR/No LR" indicator on the targetting pod interface refer to?

Laser lock / no laser lock. I don't know the proper term, but if LR is on you're good to go and missiles will target whatever you are looking at. If not, it can't "see" the ground or whatever, and isn't working.

16 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

I can't replicate the issue.. I'd just try installing it on a fresh copy of ksp and add other mods one at a time to see if any of them are causing a conflict.

I tried it, and it seems that the problem lies with the Guard simply de-selecting the target on the radar. I turned guard mode off and it locks perfectly. The guard mode just almost seems to be stuck in Peace Mode.

3 hours ago, MatsSanders said:

I tried it, and it seems that the problem lies with the Guard simply de-selecting the target on the radar. I turned guard mode off and it locks perfectly. The guard mode just almost seems to be stuck in Peace Mode.

Guard mode is insanely weird with both radars and laser targeters. It seems to (somehow) still lock and fire at stuff with the radar, even if it using it looks nonsensical. The laser however, is completely of target, when it finally decides to not go flying all over the place and lock on to something.

On 12/10/2015 at 5:54 PM, Frankstah said:

This is probably a dumb question but are you guys using this on 1.0.5 or the previous build and if so how do I get the previous build?

The only dumb questions are those not being asked. ;)

Thread title is correct, the current version was made for 1.0.4, but mostly works fine for 1.0.5.

[Reference and link to defunct website removed by moderator]

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

On 11.12.2015, 00.16.59, Angstinator said:

So, is an actual ballistic guidance type possible, that is to say, one that calculates missile pitch based on available delta-V and target position?

MechJeb's landing features/intercept stuff? Needs some manual flying however.

2 hours ago, Aerolfos said:

MechJeb's landing features/intercept stuff? Needs some manual flying however.

That's good for longer ranges, suborbital work.

Not so much for twenty-kilometer artillery work as would be the (scaled down by a factor of 10, as seems KSP-typical) standard for tactical and short-range ballistic missiles.

Hence why I am inquiring about the possibility of such a guidance type to exist.

Edited by Angstinator

6 hours ago, Bovan said:

Any progress updates baha?

Dude....let him work. He'll release updates when he does. It's pretty rude to ask for updates or ETAs. He (probably) has a life of his own away from KSP, so what we as loyal fans should do is support his endeavours, throw out ideas (but be reasonable--and read what's been suggested before), and most importantly, BE PATIENT.

Can we get like, a front page write up that basically just says this? And a list of things that have been suggested a lot recently? So as to cut down on this kind of question happening so often.

1 hour ago, Thatdude253 said:

Dude....let him work. He'll release updates when he does. It's pretty rude to ask for updates or ETAs. He (probably) has a life of his own away from KSP, so what we as loyal fans should do is support his endeavours, throw out ideas (but be reasonable--and read what's been suggested before), and most importantly, BE PATIENT.

Can we get like, a front page write up that basically just says this? And a list of things that have been suggested a lot recently? So as to cut down on this kind of question happening so often.

I did not mean to come across as rude (how do you know if Baha will interpret my previous post as rude?), just asking for some news after a week is not demanding, and yes, I do appreciate Baha's work, he's one of my favorite mod makers here, in my opinion he makes some of the best quality mods (and occasionally does wizardry that I didn't think was possible in KSP). I understand that takes a lot of work, migraines, and bug squashing to do so.

I'm not asking for an ETA, I'm just asking if there is anything new to report in the least rude way possible, if he wants to surprise us (I'm sure he will) he can feel free to do so.

On 12/12/2015 at 3:23 PM, Angstinator said:

That's good for longer ranges, suborbital work.

Not so much for twenty-kilometer artillery work as would be the (scaled down by a factor of 10, as seems KSP-typical) standard for tactical and short-range ballistic missiles.

Hence why I am inquiring about the possibility of such a guidance type to exist.

Ah yes. A ballistic "short" range one, like in civ V missile cruisers/nuke subs with the... well ballistic missile. There should be such a guidance selectable in the Modular Missile Guidance (Along with shorter hellfire style ones, long range ballistic and cruise type), but that part needs quite a lot of work. In a proper release of BDArmory you could just use that, but as is, no luck. It is possible to manually fly a ballistic missile though (What do you think stock weaponry relies on, apart from short range i-beam flinging), but over a range of 20km cruise missiles do work quite nicely. Get a launcher, launch a bunch together, switch to them. Then watch them fly out.

On 12/13/2015 at 9:26 AM, THEgameKID181 said:

i need help! i want starwars sounds on bd armory but i cant find the files can you help me pls im looking for it now 2 months

I think you may be looking for my pack lol. Not been updated in forever and really will not work... but luckily for you I am finally working on updating it. (AKA completely making it from scratch. Oh well, it was not that hard.)

EDIT: There we go.[removed link to defunct website]