[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

On 12/19/2015 at 1:03 AM, Angstinator said:

Just clean your install, double-check requirements, and reinstall the mod via CKAN. CKAN lists the latest version as 1.0.4-compatible, and it was.

Also, for convenience, install BDArmorySorting.

If then something doesn't work, post again.

Ok so I got ckan and I just deleted the mod and want to reinstall on ckan but whenever I try it says "Failed to download  - error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send"

If its a server problem than I will wait

-L33t327 

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

On 12/18/2015 at 10:28 AM, Temeter said:

That's a lot to ask for.^^

Luckily, there is already a true Fly By Wire mod that interprets your input (not to be confused with Advanced FBW, which is a joystick mod):

Would it work for AI craft?

On 12/14/2015 at 0:33 AM, V8jester said:

What isn't working? It works great for most of us. Did you do a full clean install? Or did you overwrite anything? Also window, Linux....

It just doesn't show up.  I installed it along with other mods like tweakscale, RCSBA, etc.  On windows, btw.  Someone else suggested getting it from GitHub, I'll try that.

Sorry for the stupid question, I'm sure its been asked before but I tried using the search but coudn't find an answer to my question.

Basically I don't know how the cruise missiles work! I have a transport truck with 2 cruise missiles, attached to that is another truck with the TWS on it, I have a target set up about 35km away but nothing, how do I target it?

23 minutes ago, Biker Joe said:

Sorry for the stupid question, I'm sure its been asked before but I tried using the search but coudn't find an answer to my question.

Basically I don't know how the cruise missiles work! I have a transport truck with 2 cruise missiles, attached to that is another truck with the TWS on it, I have a target set up about 35km away but nothing, how do I target it?

I think cruise missiles are GPS guided bombs. Afair it was basically aim with the ground attack pod where you want to shoot and klick 'send to gps'.

1 hour ago, Temeter said:

I think cruise missiles are GPS guided bombs. Afair it was basically aim with the ground attack pod where you want to shoot and klick 'send to gps'.

Also remember to select the new gps target in the gps co ordinator before launching.

BahamutoD I am unsure as to if this has been pointed out or not, but none of the Radome/radar parts have action groups to toggle. Is this on purpose or have you been too busy to add them yet? Speaking of being busy... I hope your Christmas hasn't been too stacked up.

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

BahamutoD I am unsure as to if this has been pointed out or not, but none of the Radome/radar parts have action groups to toggle. Is this on purpose or have you been too busy to add them yet? Speaking of being busy... I hope your Christmas hasn't been too stacked up.

I believe that's on purpose as he expects most to use his small ui for all that till unity 5.

Howdy folks, got a bit of an issue here that I hope you lot might be able to help with. I've made a simple CIWS unit for ground defence, mainly just for testing, and cannot for the life of me get it to work properly. It has power, ammo, tracking, enemy is in range, has AI comp, has weapon manger, is on the correct team....refuses to fire no matter what. Tried swtiching from radar to legacy tracking, made no difference. The only other mods I have running are KER, HyperEdit and Fantom Works. Tried in stock too and it has the same issue.

Here's a vid to demonstrate. I switched to the goalkeeper manually if you're wondering why it's tracking then stopping:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqVv2fAq3yM

I realise I didn't slave the turret, however slaving has no effect at all as far as I can tell. If I lock from the Radar can with the turret slaved then switch to the turret, it won't be locked on. I also tried without radar linking to no avail.

Edited by Laughing Man

19 hours ago, Temeter said:

Still no good,

I have a targeting Pod locked on to what I want to hit, sent the GPS coordinates but when I switch to the Cruise Missile weapon manager it says there aren't any targets?

Perhaps some armor, or bases for vehicles + engines (like skillful weapons)? Most vehicles people make reach intimidating part counts, removing the possibility of having actual armored combat sessions. How about a more mechanized turn? perhaps add some Mech Infantry parts (Bradleys, even Chinooks).

Also, are you, at any point, going to add AI movement for ground vehicles?

1 hour ago, 073198681 said:

Perhaps some armor, or bases for vehicles + engines (like skillful weapons)? Most vehicles people make reach intimidating part counts, removing the possibility of having actual armored combat sessions. How about a more mechanized turn? perhaps add some Mech Infantry parts (Bradleys, even Chinooks).

Also, are you, at any point, going to add AI movement for ground vehicles?

Mechjeb has a rover autopilot that will drive to assigned waypoints. And BD Armory isn't really a vehicle prop mod. But SXT and KSO have vehicle parts to limit part count on small land vehicles....

2 hours ago, Biker Joe said:

Still no good,

I have a targeting Pod locked on to what I want to hit, sent the GPS coordinates but when I switch to the Cruise Missile weapon manager it says there aren't any targets?

You need to select the coordinates in the GPS coordinator list, then launch the missile.

No stock missile has a weapons manager.

I would also like to add that the workings of every weapon type are explained in the OP videos.

Edited by Angstinator

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

Mechjeb has a rover autopilot that will drive to assigned waypoints. And BD Armory isn't really a vehicle prop mod. But SXT and KSO have vehicle parts to limit part count on small land vehicles....

I was just saying. Why stop at a "weapons" mod, when you clearly are going into the broad military spectrum and can already start working on parts to accommodate those weapons? With the non-existing amount of military vehicle part mods, why not turn to our greatest military provider- BDarmory? I don't know, but, according to me, an "ultimate military part pack" mod is better than an "only weapons, find the rest yourself" mod. Why limit ourselves so strictly?

Edited by 073198681

Hello guys, I am sorry for this stupid question, but I have ksp version 1.0.5 and installed couple of mods. I install properly BDArmory follow the tutorial, but when I got into a hangar, only parts of BDArmory are solid white. It looks like there is a mistake in version? Or can I fix this on my own? Do you guys experience the same problem? Thanks for your reply :)

2 hours ago, Lukaseka95 said:

Hello guys, I am sorry for this stupid question, but I have ksp version 1.0.5 and installed couple of mods. I install properly BDArmory follow the tutorial, but when I got into a hangar, only parts of BDArmory are solid white. It looks like there is a mistake in version? Or can I fix this on my own? Do you guys experience the same problem? Thanks for your reply :)

(I'll assume you've done the standart procedure of doing a clean install and then add BD Armory, wich should work.)

This sounds like either a mod conflict, best tip I can give is to have a install with only BDA (doesn't have to be your main install) and try out adding one mod after another until you find the one with the conflict (assuming the other mods are compatible). Otherwise I can only suggest re-downloading BDA, sometimes thats the problem, or try out downloading it from somewhere else

19 hours ago, Angstinator said:

You need to select the coordinates in the GPS coordinator list, then launch the missile.

No stock missile has a weapons manager.

I would also like to add that the workings of every weapon type are explained in the OP videos.

Is there a minimum range or something? where are those videos?

So I tried again, set up a target with a weapon manager (team B), have another craft with a FLIR targetting ball locked on and pressed both SEND GPS and TO GPS but when I go to the craft with the cruise missiles it says there are no gps targets?

screenshot5_zpsbspcyrqj.png

screenshot6_zps27me8tkv.png