BahamutoD

[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Komrade_Kerman said:

Is there a mod or a way to disable the advanced and highly complicated targeting system and use the old fashioned targeting system. For the life of me I cannot get anything but the unguided weapons and the air to ground missiles to work semi-properly.The air to air weapons are, in my opinion, way too complicated to have any fun with. Come to think of it, all of the new targeting systems are way too complicated to have any fun with. I know it was to make the mod more realistic, but I never use it anymore due to it just being way too damn complicated to use. If anybody knows of a mod or a way (not too complicated, i'm not a programmer) to use the old-fashioned way it targets an enemy, please please PLEASE let me know. Thanks!

Press (Alt+B) in flight then select "legacy targeting" Then everything will revert to highlight green and you're locked on.

Edited by V8jester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, V8jester said:

Press (Alt+B) in flight then select "legacy targeting" Then everything will revert to highlight green and you're locked on.

Thanks, i tested and it works!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Baha, is it possible to create a plugin that will allow for the reloading of missile launchers from magazines? I'm thinking of ship based SAM launchers, many of which (non-VLS types) use rotary magazines of some sort. Just curious if its feasible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's difficult to update so complex mod, but I have question about update to 1.0.5....I know it s rowking at this version on 1.0.5, but still, what can we expect in next update, some new types of rockets, better AI?

Second thing is, if it s possible to make mod for some sort of stealth designs, maybe with use of ferram voxel type dynamics used as voxel shaped panes for radar absorment  and reflection. (Or possibly modification for DMP(Multiplayer) for removing craft of other players from map?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda hate that Bahamoto teased us with pics and videos of updates only to go back and re decide to to update until 1.1 came out. Its like saying….Im working on your Christmas gift…oh sorry change my mind wait until your birthday to get it.  
Im ok with waiting until the 1.1 update. I just hate being teased like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I kinda hate that Bahamoto teased us with pics and videos of updates only to go back and re decide to to update until 1.1 came out. Its like saying….Im working on your Christmas gift…oh sorry change my mind wait until your birthday to get it.  
Im ok with waiting until the 1.1 update. I just hate being teased like that. 

Eagle..... really? Remember these mods are made in our free time and on "as I want to" basis. Don't forget that dev's are people and have personal lives with there own stuff to deal with as well. Mods are not a product with a deadline to live up to. Besides what did BD tease us with? a turret you can build with IR right now? and an auto pilot which you can steal from his accidental last release and add it to the current one? Be patient and give BD some air. He has put in a lot of time since day one and is currently working on his own game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Eagle..... really? Remember these mods are made in our free time and on "as I want to" basis. Don't forget that dev's are people and have personal lives with there own stuff to deal with as well. Mods are not a product with a deadline to live up to. Besides what did BD tease us with? a turret you can build with IR right now? and an auto pilot which you can steal from his accidental last release and add it to the current one? Be patient and give BD some air. He has put in a lot of time since day one and is currently working on his own game.

Im not upset that he didn't post it. I also understand life happens. Part of the reason I got out of the whole private company and posting ships thing is because I realized I was one of those people who posted stuff saying I ll release soon and then never did. Im completely understanding if he wants to wait till 1.1 or something happened that made him take a break. Its kinda like Macey Dean. He came back after a year, posted two videos and is gone again. People got all hyped up only to be left hanging again. All I'm getting at is when you get as big as Macey Dean or Bahamoto and you start posting stuff like that people do have a tendency to keep wanting more. Unlike most people though I can understand if crap happens. All that I ask is if something does happen or deadlines get pushed back is a reply from the person saying "hey sorry but crap happened so we gotta push back." Thats what I like about Squad. Everyone was hyped up about 1.1 but when they couldn't make the deadline they kept us in the loop. Yes it was saddening but I'm also understanding. For example…If Macy Dean was made one last video saying "Sorry but life happens and I can't make anymore videos" I would completely understand. Or heck even your mod. You stated you couldn't continue to work on it at the time being. 

Thats what I meant by I don't like teases. Im not saying I'm upset because he didn't post it. Im saying I don't like being lead to believe something great is about to happen then get left in the dark. 

Edited by War Eagle 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

l

I am really miffed because I would love it if bd aromy was for KSP 1.0.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Dr.K Kerbal said:

l

I am really miffed because I would love it if bd aromy was for KSP 1.0.5

It does work in 1.0.5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I can get all of the weapons working except for the space-based missile, which fails to lock on and simply flies straight. The same is true of the ad-hoc space missiles which I attempted to build, though they at least attempted to turn back once they overshot the target. Is the space missile not radar guided? Is there a start to finish tutorial for it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Titan UranusMK1 said:

So, I can get all of the weapons working except for the space-based missile, which fails to lock on and simply flies straight. The same is true of the ad-hoc space missiles which I attempted to build, though they at least attempted to turn back once they overshot the target. Is the space missile not radar guided? Is there a start to finish tutorial for it? 

This has been answered thousands of time and doesn't take but two minutes to go back through a few pages and find out. 
The space missile is simi broken and Bahamoto has no plans on fixing it. 
The work around is to set the mod to legacy mode. Only then does it work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, V8jester said:

Eagle..... really? Remember these mods are made in our free time and on "as I want to" basis. Don't forget that dev's are people and have personal lives with there own stuff to deal with as well. Mods are not a product with a deadline to live up to. Besides what did BD tease us with? a turret you can build with IR right now? and an auto pilot which you can steal from his accidental last release and add it to the current one? Be patient and give BD some air. He has put in a lot of time since day one and is currently working on his own game.

Yeah, how dare somebody ask for updates on something teased a month ago?

Like Eagle said, I would rather have mod authors mention that they have hit a roadblock than keep everyone in the dark.

Edited by Bovan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bovan said:

Yeah, how dare somebody ask for updates on something teased a month ago?

Personally I'd rather he waited till after the 1.1 update (which I'm assuming is what bahumuto is doing, which would explain why you haven't seen any major updates yet) so that he can push out any necessary fixes along with any new content. No point in pushing an update out if the new version of KSP breaks the new features.

Edited by Khantemplation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

This has been answered thousands of time and doesn't take but two minutes to go back through a few pages and find out. 
The space missile is simi broken and Bahamoto has no plans on fixing it. 
The work around is to set the mod to legacy mode. Only then does it work.

When I searched for it, I got no results, perhaps I should have used the actual name.

 

Thank you for informing me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Khantemplation said:

Personally I'd rather he waited till after the 1.1 update (which I'm assuming is what bahumuto is doing, which would explain why you haven't seen any major updates yet) so that he can push out any necessary fixes along with any new content. No point in pushing an update out if the new version of KSP breaks the new features.

That is a personally reasonable opinion, but if this is the case, I would like him to inform us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spike52656 said:

That is a personally reasonable opinion, but if this is the case, I would like him to inform us.

I feel like he actually said he was waiting on 1.1 some time ago. I might very well be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FungusForge said:

I feel like he actually said he was waiting on 1.1 some time ago. I might very well be wrong.

He said that he was waiting until 1.1 to add in the Wingman features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 13, 2016 at 9:43 AM, Khantemplation said:

Personally I'd rather he waited till after the 1.1 update (which I'm assuming is what bahumuto is doing, which would explain why you haven't seen any major updates yet) so that he can push out any necessary fixes along with any new content. No point in pushing an update out if the new version of KSP breaks the new features.

IDK what I'm looking forward to more.
Wingman or the missile turrents

Edited by War Eagle 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the radio silence lately.  I'm a little busy with something completely unrelated to modding and game dev at the moment, but I'm still working on the BDArmory update when I can.

Right now, I'm re-working the radar system to allow multiple radars on the same vessel to be used at the same time.  It's taking longer than expected.

The change log for the next version (v0.10.0) is already 64 lines long so far, so you can expect it to be a pretty substantial update.  However, as mentioned, I don't set deadlines so I can't promise when it will be ready.

Thanks for your patience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, BahamutoD said:

Sorry for the radio silence lately.  I'm a little busy with something completely unrelated to modding and game dev at the moment, but I'm still working on the BDArmory update when I can.

Right now, I'm re-working the radar system to allow multiple radars on the same vessel to be used at the same time.  It's taking longer than expected.

The change log for the next version (v0.10.0) is already 64 lines long so far, so you can expect it to be a pretty substantial update.  However, as mentioned, I don't set deadlines so I can't promise when it will be ready.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the update. Thats all we ask for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

Sorry for the radio silence lately.  I'm a little busy with something completely unrelated to modding and game dev at the moment, but I'm still working on the BDArmory update when I can.

Right now, I'm re-working the radar system to allow multiple radars on the same vessel to be used at the same time.  It's taking longer than expected.

The change log for the next version (v0.10.0) is already 64 lines long so far, so you can expect it to be a pretty substantial update.  However, as mentioned, I don't set deadlines so I can't promise when it will be ready.

Thanks for your patience.

There's a change log?
Confirmed release next week! :D

AND I JOKE, OF COURSE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

Thanks for your patience.

Thank you for your work! 
Suggestion: Changing ammo type for guns. For example, I want to make a naval cannon that can shoot both timed detonated rounds and ordinary ones. Combat mix (3 HEI/1AP) for GAU-8 would also be good.
Also, would you be removing 8.5km maximal range for guns? It's so restrictive...

Awesome news on multiple radars! Wanted it for a long time. Would you be making integrated CIWS units with their own AI that could engage targets while I use rest of ship's weapons for something else? 

Your mod is awesome:12473501_835740623215271_247704413777261 

Edited by sashan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

Right now, I'm re-working the radar system to allow multiple radars on the same vessel to be used at the same time.  It's taking longer than expected.

 

I have to ask…what would be the point of this?

4 hours ago, BahamutoD said:
32 minutes ago, sashan said:

12473501_835740623215271_247704413777261 

This ship…what mod?

34 minutes ago, sashan said:

12473501_835740623215271_247704413777261 

This ship…what mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I have to ask…what would be the point of this?

The most sensitive radars are large and can't track the target. Also, you could have rear-pointing radar on large fighters.

The ship is made by myself from b9 procedural wings. It's called KNV Zumkalt. :P

Edited by sashan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.