[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

On 1/31/2016 at 5:29 PM, DG772 said:

For some reason whenever i load any craft with any weapon my game glitches out like im inside of the sun and my speed says like 100000000000000

On 2/5/2016 at 4:55 AM, mazok said:

i dont know why but when i try to launch a rocket/plane i see a black void and my fps drops to less than 1fps i still see the alltitude thingy and the kerbal/s but it happens even when i dont attach the weapons to the craft. PLEASE HELP ME  D;

47 minutes ago, graphite747 said:

I've been having a major issue since version 1.0 of KSP trying to get BD Armoury to work. The bug happens when I try to launch any craft, at both the launchpad and runway.. The view returns to the KSC, but slightly below ground and frozen. When I hit esc at this point, the camera begins to float slowly off to space and infinity, at a fixed angle. Pressing esc again pauses this panning, but no menu appears and I am left force closing the game. I've tried on otherwise stock installs, etc.. removing BD Armoury fixes the problem, but I was really hoping to use this mod, I enjoyed it in KSP 0.90. I am running Ubuntu, so maybe it's a Linux issue? I apologize if this has been resolved already, but it is happening with the latest release of BDA, exactly the same as previous versions. I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this glitch, for now I'm not going to include a log file until it's certain that I'm unique in experiencing this bug.

^ I need logs (ksp/KSP_Data/output_log.txt) after this happens to be able to help you.  Things like this have been reported several times but no one has submitted an output log, and I have never experienced it on a release version so I have no idea what could be causing it.

On 2/2/2016 at 6:32 PM, chrisb2e9 said:

Hello,

I made a large jump jet type aircraft, and on top of that attached a fighter plane by a stack separator. The jumbo jet hasn't a single part from this mod. The fighter has radar and missiles.

When I separate the two, the jumbo jet is I guess the primary as that's what I stay in control of. When I switch over to the fighter that is now flying on it's own. I can't bring up the radar. Even though it does have it, and I was able to bring it up before the two aircraft were separated.

I assume that this is a bug, sorry if it's been reported before.

It hasn't been reported yet but I suspected something like this would happen.  Thanks.

I am getting this stupid bug again. When you shoot at another craft your guns get disabled immediately. Have to turn them on every time after a hit. The weird thing is, it worked the first days. Just today it stopped. And the AI also got worse. I have too many mods. Maybe there a confilcts. I am trying it right now without any mods beside BDA.

1 hour ago, Space Scumbag said:

I am getting this stupid bug again. When you shoot at another craft your guns get disabled immediately. Have to turn them on every time after a hit. The weird thing is, it worked the first days. Just today it stopped. And the AI also got worse. I have too many mods. Maybe there a confilcts. I am trying it right now without any mods beside BDA.

Hmm, let me know.

1 hour ago, SGT_RIZZO300 said:

Just out of curiosity are the rotary bomb racks going to be dependent on any new plugins or will they work on what we already have? They look great!

Thanks! It's new code.

18 minutes ago, Noellen said:

@BahamutoD Will the rotary racks work, regardless how they are mounted(up/down)?

There will be an indicator showing which direction the weapon will be released.

2 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

It hasn't been reported yet but I suspected something like this would happen.  Thanks.

YEs, when decoupling vehicles with BDarmory parts those parts aren't properly enabled until the game is reloaded. I use decouplers to launch 4 fighters at the same time without going to space center and thus encouther the bug fairly often. In particular, RWR isn't initialized properly.

Also, Baha, can you add an option of 40km radar range? Make 20km default, but 40 km available. I've had situations when I needed that. Particularly, for radar-guided anti-ship missiles with cruise guidance. Yes, they work, and work very well.
ANd can you add a button that'll lock radars on as much enemies as possible automatically, starting with closest ones? It's difficult to lock onto all targets flying in formation due to their icon size

Edited by sashan

Once again, awesome release!! Just a question: Is there an existing mod for a Mk22 weapons / bomb bay that looks and works like in the f-22 raptor? I think it would be awesome. I kinda saw it in the forums before but no luck finding it.. any help will be appreciated.

10 minutes ago, Shumihazai said:

Once again, awesome release!! Just a question: Is there an existing mod for a Mk22 weapons / bomb bay that looks and works like in the f-22 raptor? I think it would be awesome. I kinda saw it in the forums before but no luck finding it.. any help will be appreciated.

RvB, red vs blue had it IIRC.

I encountered a bug where if missiles are placed in cargo bays, then the weapon manager is deactivated somehow.  when i try to fire a missile the log keeps repeating "tried refreshing links but weapon manager is null" in huge groups upwards of 20 at a time

If this doesn't help then I don't know how to paste the log, so this is all i found that looked important.

Edited by UnknownEclipse

Hi  BahamutoD

I have just finished updating the Old School Turrets mod to the latest  10.1 spec, and beaten the rust off my modding skills (such as they are :) ) and made a download available in thread.

As such would you be kind enough to include the mod in the list of compatible parts

Cheers

Ps Really liking the changes to the turret setup since the early days, makes life a lot easier, and a thanks for assisting  LORDPrometheus

with keeping the Boomsticks mod alive ( soon to have a rebirth) , much appreciated

im making a ww2 mod and im making my own guns with the author of MDW mods but he dosnt like muzzle flash or smoke (i dontknow why) ive accepted muzzle flash buyt i want to add somke, how do i go about it?

7 minutes ago, amankd said:

im making a ww2 mod and im making my own guns with the author of MDW mods but he dosnt like muzzle flash or smoke (i dontknow why) ive accepted muzzle flash buyt i want to add somke, how do i go about it?

You'll need access to unity and the models, otherwise it's simply a case of adding a ksp particle emitter script to the muzzle transform, add an additive material and a texture for the smoke, adjusting the rates and values until you get a decent result in game is the hard part and may take a few exports to get just right

58 minutes ago, amankd said:

Ive explained why to you multiple times....

Just now, amankd said:

whast the best shader for the smoke so it can be dark (im using the one that comes with bda but it looks more like steam than smoke

Down at the bottom of the inspector, when you are viewing the particle emitter setup is a section called animate smoke, mess with that and the material selector below that has a tint setting for darkening the smoke

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi  BahamutoD

I have just finished updating the Old School Turrets mod to the latest  10.1 spec, and beaten the rust off my modding skills (such as they are :) ) and made a download available in thread.

As such would you be kind enough to include the mod in the list of compatible parts

Cheers

Ps Really liking the changes to the turret setup since the early days, makes life a lot easier, and a thanks for assisting  LORDPrometheus

with keeping the Boomsticks mod alive ( soon to have a rebirth) , much appreciated

Sure, and welcome back!

--

I finished making the rotary rail, so I'll probably release it soon:

Edited by BahamutoD
how do you embed YouTube videos these days?

17 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

Sure, and welcome back!

--

I finished making the rotary rail, so I'll probably release it soon:

Am I correct in assuming that it is rotating based on the weapon you have selected or do you have to set it to rotate with an action group?

30 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

Am I correct in assuming that it is rotating based on the weapon you have selected or do you have to set it to rotate with an action group?

It rotates automagically.

30 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Thanks muchly, not a missile guy but that Rotary Rack is very impressive, and is that a napalm shell i see burning across the surface of the water?

No, just a lot of bombs :P

Would you consider adding a depth charge mode bomb or missile? I mean you can set them to detonate at a depth, not near or hit by a target

EDIT: And torpedo depth control should be nice. It's really tiring to use stock buoyancy to adjust torpedoes

Edited by Acea