[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

2 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

too smooth to be P-wings. 

Ah that's what I figured.

2 hours ago, dark jam said:

is there not a mod for boat parts

There was Fengist's Maritime Pack but he abandoned development on it AFAIK, theres also WW2 Ships but it's fairly impractical considering performance limitations atm.

Just now, marc defranco said:

There was Fengist's Maritime Pack but he abandoned development on it AFAIK, theres also WW2 Ships but it's fairly impractical considering performance limitations atm.

i also i have large boat parts pack it is good but massive parts

21 hours ago, damowang2 said:

In editor, right click the weapon you intended to put in cargo bay, there is an option saying "in cargo bay", click to turn false to true, and the AI is supposed to be able to use it. Did not test with it.

nope does not work for me. :P

Update v0.10.4

= AI Improvements by ferram4 =
- AI will call for help from nearby friendlies when under fire using a new SetOverrideTarget system
- AI will try to maneuver in the vertical when turning on opponents, generally deciding whether to go up/down based on whether they are under possible threat from the current target
- AI will evade guns by trying to break in towards the threat and make themselves the most difficult target possible
- AI will try to extrapolate the motion of targets based on how long it will take them to turn around
- AI will extend somewhat further when they are set to extend, which makes it more effective in gunfights and generally results in a less steep climb when they do, so they're not as helpless.
- AI will switch to a target ahead while extending
- AI will check safety of team mates before firing
- AI more likely to take high-deflection shots
- Tweaks to g-limiting behavior

= New =
- Added Bahamuto Dynamics agency (Shuudoushi)

= Changes =
- Improved AI pilot missile avoidance
- Increased guard fire duration to 3/4 of fire interval

= Fixes =
- Removed debug entries for gun index
- Fixed radar on decoupled vessels
- Fixed TGP camera when multiple are enabled
- Fixed rate of fire for barrage firing guns faster than framerate (ferram4)
- Fixed AI pilot collision avoidance interfering with missile evasion
- Fixed GUI (reticles etc) disappearing when opening/closing map view
- Fixed GUI line displaying incorrectly when one point is behind camera

Notes

The updates to the AI make dogfights a lot more interesting.  Many thanks to @ferram4!

Nice update :)

Hi quick question, the answer to which will make my life easier and stop the perhaps  pointless efforts.

I would like to have a generic turret to carry a range of different guns, and pods, to do this I'd need to be able to activate the turret module without an attached weapon module, all the examples I can find of turret usage have it as part of a group of modules rather than in stand alone configuration. So quite simply is it possible to do this and if so how, everything I've tried  just sits there looking sad or will the turret module only work as a slave of another module?

18 hours ago, marc defranco said:

Maritime Pack is slowly coming back, don't you worry :D

And  a quick question for Baha.

Is it possible to have a aimable turret that doesn't have a gun on it?

I'm thinking of making a KIS handheld grapple launcher and was wondering if this would work?

10 minutes ago, BT Industries said:

Maritime Pack is slowly coming back, don't you worry :D

And  a quick question for Baha.

I'm thinking of making a KIS handheld grapple launcher and was wondering if this would work?

Awesome to hear, loved using the Maritime Pack in conjunction with BDA.

Edited by marc defranco

On 20/02/2016 at 3:38 AM, UnknownEclipse said:

I don't know if anyone noticed, but if you put 2 hell fires on the rotary rail on the same rail for a total of 16, then the rotary rail doesn't register as a part, and it falls through the fuselage with the missile on it.  It is fine with one missile per rail.

Well, so that is why my rails were going all funny

On 23/02/2016 at 3:39 PM, Greippi1 said:

I have problems getting the radar to notice anything at all from air to ground. I have a few targets around the runway and one further away on the hills behind KSC (equipped with weapon managers and set to a different team), I take off, get some distance and go for the first pass, radar recognizes all targets just fine and I can fire. However once I've flown over the targets and turn around to make a second pass the radar goes blind and finds nothing but the one that's up on the hills. However I did do a test in this situation and launched a Jdam and suddenly the radar screen lights up and finds targets.

I have a few mods installed, none of which should affect BDArmory but love if I know tbh:

• Adjustable Landing Gear
  • Chatterer
  • Distant Objects
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator
  • Editor Extensions
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements
  • KER
  • Infernal Robotics (+Kanadarm)
  • Scansat
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock

Air-to-Ground RADAR is supposed to be difficult, RADAR will pick up moving objects slightly better and find it difficult to pick up objects which may as well be part of the ground

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I would like to have a generic turret to carry a range of different guns, and pods, to do this I'd need to be able to activate the turret module without an attached weapon module, all the examples I can find of turret usage have it as part of a group of modules rather than in stand alone configuration. So quite simply is it possible to do this and if so how, everything I've tried  just sits there looking sad or will the turret module only work as a slave of another module?

1 hour ago, BT Industries said:

This is not possible at this time.

On 2/20/2016 at 10:38 PM, UnknownEclipse said:

I don't know if anyone noticed, but if you put 2 hell fires on the rotary rail on the same rail for a total of 16, then the rotary rail doesn't register as a part, and it falls through the fuselage with the missile on it.  It is fine with one missile per rail.

That's why I left a note in the part description that says "one missile per rail".

On 2/26/2016 at 6:58 PM, Wraith977 said:

Would it be possible to implement a mortar type weapon, a gun that fires a high arc, low velocity shell. I ask because all current land based weapons fire a high velocity, low arc projectile that makes it very hard to hit targets over even small hills.

Such a weapon could also make for some very interesting land base assaults, don't get hit by the mortar shells on the way to attack the base and such.

At the moment, indirect fire, or at least aiming for trajectories that aren't the shortest possible path is not supported.

5 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

Oops..

Hotfix v0.10.4.1

= Fixes =
- Fixed landed guards not attacking AI pilots
- Fixed competition distance being clamped while editing it

Yay! More updates are always fun, and you're updating faster than I can find out and get the new version, also AVC compatibility to notify when a new version is available?

1 minute ago, BahamutoD said:

This is not possible at this time.

That's why I left a note in the part description that says "one missile per rail".

At the moment, indirect fire, or at least aiming for trajectories that aren't the shortest possible path is not supported.

Thanks saved me some tinkering time :D

Will have to find a different way of making it aimable.

6 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

Would it be possible to make the minimum rail size smaller as the hellfire is way too big for the rails for it to be efficient

1 hour ago, RushilP said:

Would it be possible to make the minimum rail size smaller as the hellfire is way too big for the rails for it to be efficient

Agreed.  If I can't put two hellfire per rail, then have two short rails next to each other. :)

@BahamutoDIs there a reason the part breaks when there are two missiles per rail? Just curious.

23 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I found a weird bug which I am naming Skynet Pilot Flight Computer. What happens is that after a fight the AI Pilot won't turn off/let me take control of the plane.

I had the same exact problem after using wing command to control. Plane continued to orbit no matter what I did. Please help running out of pilots.

21 minutes ago, Jackvony said:

I had the same exact problem after using wing command to control. Plane continued to orbit no matter what I did. Please help running out of pilots.

46 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I found a weird bug which I am naming Skynet Pilot Flight Computer. What happens is that after a fight the AI Pilot won't turn off/let me take control of the plane.

I haven't run into this yet, so could one of you send me your output_log.txt when this happens?

50 minutes ago, UnknownEclipse said:

Agreed.  If I can't put two hellfire per rail, then have two short rails next to each other. :)

@BahamutoDIs there a reason the part breaks when there are two missiles per rail? Just curious.

It's just that I wrote the code for auto-rotating to the correct rail assuming one missile per rail.  I'll have to rethink the solution to support multiple missiles per rail. 

Just now, BahamutoD said:

I haven't run into this yet, so could one of you send me your output_log.txt when this happens?

It's just that I wrote the code for auto-rotating to the correct rail assuming one missile per rail.  I'll have to rethink the solution to support multiple missiles per rail. 

Ok I'll try to replicate when I get back on KSP but freshman year is bogging me down so it might be awhile.