[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Just now, BahamutoD said:

I haven't run into this yet, so could one of you send me your output_log.txt when this happens?

It's just that I wrote the code for auto-rotating to the correct rail assuming one missile per rail.  I'll have to rethink the solution to support multiple missiles per rail. 

Ok I'll try to replicate when I get back on KSP but freshman year is bogging me down so it might be awhile.

43 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

I haven't run into this yet, so could one of you send me your output_log.txt when this happens?

It's just that I wrote the code for auto-rotating to the correct rail assuming one missile per rail.  I'll have to rethink the solution to support multiple missiles per rail. 

What?

15 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

What?

You'll need to specify what you're saying "what" to.
If it's the first, that seems rather clear. Something happens that causes a crash, and BD needs the output_log.txt to try and fix it.

If it's the second: The rail detects if there's a missile, and what type, is on the rail. It will then spin to the appropriate rail. Since it's coded to search for only one missile, if it happens to find two or more the code will stop working (properly). Since the part relies on the code, and the code is no longer working, the part stops working. This manifests in, I assume, the attachment points disappearing.

Hey Bahamuto, I've done some testing with barrage and found that it doesn't work properly with multibarrelled turrets.

More specifically, Only half of the turrets are used for double barrelled turrets, only 1/3 are used for triple-barreled turrets, etc.

Pretty sure this is being caused by a calculation using the number of projectils fired per minute, when it really should calculate number of turrets fired per minute. Or something like that

Cheers

31 minutes ago, Muffinman840 said:

Hey Bahamuto, I've done some testing with barrage and found that it doesn't work properly with multibarrelled turrets.

More specifically, Only half of the turrets are used for double barrelled turrets, only 1/3 are used for triple-barreled turrets, etc.

Pretty sure this is being caused by a calculation using the number of projectils fired per minute, when it really should calculate number of turrets fired per minute. Or something like that

Cheers

Thanks, I've logged the issue.

@BahamutoD Could you model an Aim-7 Sparrow please? I'm dying to have it and PEW doesn't have it. It would go great with my F-4 Phantom that I built. Also because it is a semi-active guidance meaning you have to maintain lock until it hits you could program in semi-active radar as a new type of guidance which opens up alot of possibilities for other semi-active guidance missiles to be made by the community.

9 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

@BahamutoD Could you model an Aim-7 Sparrow please? I'm dying to have it and PEW doesn't have it. It would go great with my F-4 Phantom that I built. Also because it is a semi-active guidance meaning you have to maintain lock until it hits you could program in semi-active radar as a new type of guidance which opens up alot of possibilities for other semi-active guidance missiles to be made by the community.

Semi active is already possible...

On 2/28/2016 at 10:43 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Yes it is possible to have multiple turrets in one part

By apply turret ID? I want to have the Gatling and Canon on same part, just like what we have on the MBT.

So I just make two ModuleTurrets and ModuleWeapons, and apply different turretID for them?

@BahamutoD I am having what i think is an issue with guard mode flickering rapidly between lock and no lock which kind of ruins missile without LOAL. Is this normal? I do have parts with rcsReductionFactor = .75, but jammerStrength = 0. COuld that be the cause?

Brilliant mod as always! Thanks for making it Baha.

I think I found a bug though. I have a ship with multiple weapons and if I switch to .50 cal turrets and back to the Goalkeeper the Goalkeeper doesn't fire or fires one round and stops. If I switch to the Millennium Cannon and back to the Goalkeeper it fixes itself for some reason.

Also can I ask for a small feature? Is it possible to put an auto cycle option on the GPS coordinator? I would like it to select the next GPS target automatically once I have fired a missile or a set number of missiles if possible.

Thank you. :cool:

After watching my airplanes blow out of the sky over and over, and seeing my battle tanks get incapacitated from a single 50mm round, I can't help but wonder if the guns in this mod are a bit too overpowered. A single bullet shouldn't be able to destroy an entire tank, right? One problem is that when oversized single parts like the Stock FAT Wing and the huge Mk3 parts get taken out, they cripple an entire airplane. Currently, I can mount a Millennium Cannon on a box and it'll decimate anything within a two-kilometer radius. Surely real guns can't destroy things this well, but of course, I don't know jack squat, so maybe they do. Maybe a feature like armor might be feasible, like plating or whatever. If I understand BDArmory correctly, it overheats parts, so maybe a reskinned structural panel that has a high heat tolerance and a low heat transmission value might work. I've tried all kinds of things, from radial radiators to structural plating to even more plating, and nothing works. Could a thing like armor be a good suggestion?

48 minutes ago, WPENG730 said:

After watching my airplanes blow out of the sky over and over, and seeing my battle tanks get incapacitated from a single 50mm round, I can't help but wonder if the guns in this mod are a bit too overpowered. A single bullet shouldn't be able to destroy an entire tank, right? One problem is that when oversized single parts like the Stock FAT Wing and the huge Mk3 parts get taken out, they cripple an entire airplane. Currently, I can mount a Millennium Cannon on a box and it'll decimate anything within a two-kilometer radius. Surely real guns can't destroy things this well, but of course, I don't know jack squat, so maybe they do. Maybe a feature like armor might be feasible, like plating or whatever. If I understand BDArmory correctly, it overheats parts, so maybe a reskinned structural panel that has a high heat tolerance and a low heat transmission value might work. I've tried all kinds of things, from radial radiators to structural plating to even more plating, and nothing works. Could a thing like armor be a good suggestion?

If you open the main BDA settings cfg file, you'll find a damage multiplier. The default is 100, you could change it to something less.

When using it with Kerbal Krash System, vessels survive much better - a bit too good, with planes shrugging off missile hits. I turned the multiplier up for it. Explosions do most damage by sending ground vehicles flying. This is partly because BDA inflicts thermal rather than physical damage. A modlet that turned BDA hits into physical KKS damage would be interesting.

Edited by colmo

4 hours ago, Redshift OTF said:

Quick question. How does the Modular Missile Guidance unit work? I'm trying to make my own bombs but I can't get it to work. Start guidance does nothing. Thanks.

Because it requires LegacyTargeting to be enabled. ANd you then need to target it using KSP stock target system.

Edited by sashan

Awesome mod, thanks for still updating it, Baha.

Q1: How do I make AI pilots open cargo bays?

Q2: Are there any mods that could spawn vessels in flight mode? Or spawn multiple at once? Because setting up defenses by loading one plane and driving it down the side of the runway to be able to load another is pretty tedious.

Edited by theend3r

1 hour ago, theend3r said:

Awesome mod, thanks for still updating it, Baha.

Q1: How do I make AI pilots open cargo bays?

Q2: Are there any mods that could spawn vessels in flight mode? Or spawn multiple at once? Because setting up defenses by loading one plane and driving it down the side of the runway to be able to load another is pretty tedious.

1. No way, not implemented yet.
2. No way. Although there's VesselMover mod by Baha and you can spawn multiple planes at once this way:
p0WxqCv.png

3 minutes ago, sashan said:

1. No way, not implemented yet.
2. No way. Although there's VesselMover mod by Baha and you can spawn multiple planes at once this way: [pic]

Thanks. This method was pretty obvious to me but I hoped for a better solution.