[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

2 minutes ago, V8jester said:

oh...... Feel free to call in an airstrike on my house :P Now in my defence I did try this with other known GPS guided missiles like the Tomahawk from PEW and another from Malfunc weapons. I will keep trying but I still think GPS weapons wont fire with the AG remote.

What is the AG remote?

Edited by dark jam

28 minutes ago, V8jester said:

oh...... Feel free to call in an airstrike on my house :P Now in my defence I did try this with other known GPS guided missiles like the Tomahawk from PEW and another from Malfunc weapons. I will keep trying but I still think GPS weapons wont fire with the AG remote.

;)

Easy enough mistake to make. Carry on!

What is the AG remote

Action Group remote.
A function of the Weapons Module.

Edited by Melfice

1 minute ago, V8jester said:

Action group remote. Useable through the weapons manager. It worked on a raptor while flying with a radar missile from Red vs blue.....

How do you use it

And where can i get the red vs blue pack i can't find it anywhere

1 minute ago, dark jam said:

How do you use it

And where can i get the red vs blue pack i can't find it anywhere

I have it from before K.S. Tanked.

To use it place a weapon manager / AI pilot on each vessel. Right click the weapon manager and select "Toggle GUI" the rest should be pretty self explanatory. Also watch BD's 10.0.0 video and it will show you a demo of it in action.

19 hours ago, V8jester said:

When you say "all your other mods" How many are you running? You may just be running out of ram. The limit of 3.5 GB on a 32bit game is very easy to hit.

no, thats not it. i tryed uninstallingmy mods other than bd, and it still crashed. thanks for the suggestion though. mabye bd just hates windows ten?

does anyone else have a suggestion?

Edited by PHUZZYthecat

Forgive me not reading 280+ pages of the thread, but is there currently any solution for guided missiles in space (BDA expansion mods welcome)? One of the main things I downloaded this for was spaceplane combat/satellite interception. The vacuum-rated missile included in base BDA definitely doesn't work and I don't see how any of the other missiles could achieve guidance.

33 minutes ago, Kirk0007 said:

Forgive me not reading 280+ pages of the thread, but is there currently any solution for guided missiles in space (BDA expansion mods welcome)? One of the main things I downloaded this for was spaceplane combat/satellite interception. The vacuum-rated missile included in base BDA definitely doesn't work and I don't see how any of the other missiles could achieve guidance.

Its broken and not planned to be fixed any time soon.

17 hours ago, eJar0k said:

You could put warheads inside the 1.25 or 2.5 meter storage bay things and then build your missile with that as the warhead section, rather than have the tip be a  fragile one-piece warhead. If you want a .625 inline warhead though.. Maybe enable part clipping from the debug menu and shove it between some parts.

Or code your own in-line warhead. Look at the current warhead's code and copy it into a retextured .625 fuel tank?

If I could do any of this myself while meeting the quality standards of this mod, you'd think I would have.

On 3/19/2016 at 9:39 PM, PHUZZYthecat said:

why wont bd run on my computer. its windows ten, and all my other kerbal mods work fine, but when i install bd, it just completely crashes the game. the mod is amazing, but i want it to work on my computer.

v8jester had a good suggestion, but it didn't work. has anyone else got an idea?

Hello!

Firstly, this is an awesome mod, though I'm having some difficulty with the A.I. and the engines out of the b9 aerospace pack, specifically the F119 turbofan.  For some reason, it seems that the AI pilot won't with out the  A/B on on this engine, leading to some interesting behavior such as Take off -> Throttle to 0% -> Switch Mode -> Drop to minimum altitude -> Switch Mode -> repeat.  Also, the AI seems to have problems maintaining level flight with these engines, which don't exist when flying manually.  After switching to A/B the plane will gyrate through the air for several seconds until the pilot comes to terms with the thrust vectoring, I guess.  Trying to figure it out via the tweakables hasn't done anything for me, so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else was having similar problems?

Edited by Krystal_amaia
Added info.

29 minutes ago, Krystal_amaia said:

Hello!

Firstly, this is an awesome mod, though I'm having some difficulty with the A.I. and the engines out of the b9 aerospace pack, specifically the F119 turbofan.  For some reason, it seems that the AI pilot won't with out the  A/B on on this engine, leading to some interesting behavior such as Take off -> Throttle to 0% -> Switch Mode -> Drop to minimum altitude -> Switch Mode -> repeat.  Also, the AI seems to have problems maintaining level flight with these engines, which don't exist when flying manually.  After switching to A/B the plane will gyrate through the air for several seconds until the pilot comes to terms with the thrust vectoring, I guess.  Trying to figure it out via the tweakables hasn't done anything for me, so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else was having similar problems?

Hmmm, this may be due to the design of the plane itself. I have noticed if your plane is sluggish. The AI will get confused because it takes too long for a course correction. I also have an f-22 that uses those f-119 engines which will auto fly, fallow and what not just fine. But I experience the issues you are talking about on my far less maneuverable planes.

2 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Hmmm, this may be due to the design of the plane itself. I have noticed if your plane is sluggish. The AI will get confused because it takes too long for a course correction. I also have an f-22 that uses those f-119 engines which will auto fly, fallow and what not just fine. But I experience the issues you are talking about on my far less maneuverable planes.

V8jester,

Maneuverability is not an issue for the Beartrap, though watching some replays from last nights dog fight I think the gyration might be a mass-strength thing on my wings.  *sigh* they've already got a mass-strength of 2.5. =(  Still trying to figure the engine thing out.

18 minutes ago, Krystal_amaia said:

V8jester,

Maneuverability is not an issue for the Beartrap, though watching some replays from last nights dog fight I think the gyration might be a mass-strength thing on my wings.  *sigh* they've already got a mass-strength of 2.5. =(  Still trying to figure the engine thing out.

Another thought, are you using B9 6.0.0? You may just need the newest version.

8 minutes ago, PHUZZYthecat said:

also, does anyone know why all my b9 wings and fuselages dont exist? i've only got command pods and engines.

nevermind. outdated version.

but still, can anyone help me with my BD problem? V8jester? you seem to know a lot. suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

1 minute ago, Krystal_amaia said:

So...Could somebody tell me why the AWACS radome is *NOT* locking/Tracking?  Defeats the purpose of Awacs...

Because that rotating radar can't track IRL.

Just now, sashan said:

Because that rotating radar can't track IRL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airborne_early_warning_and_control

When used at altitude, the radar on the aircraft allows the operators to detect and track targets and distinguish between friendly and hostile aircraft much farther away than a similar ground based radar.[1] Like a ground based radar, it can be detected by opposing forces, but because of its mobility, it is much less vulnerable to counter-attack.[2]

Just now, Krystal_amaia said:

When used at altitude, the radar on the aircraft allows the operators to detect and track targets and distinguish between friendly and hostile aircraft much farther away than a similar ground based radar.

Don't see anything about tracking here. Point is that you can't launch missiles and target guns with it - update rate is too low and it can't concentrate it's beam on target.

3 hours ago, PHUZZYthecat said:

nevermind. outdated version.

but still, can anyone help me with my BD problem? V8jester? you seem to know a lot. suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I've seen multiple users say "BD won't work" Most of the time it is due to either a mod conflict (I have no idea which mod would conflict with BD, as I run over 100 with no problems...) or something botched with KSP's install. Are you running the steam version, or the .zip file install? Steam I really don't know enough to be helpful. But the zip file, was update not to long ago. It's still 1.0.5 but the version number in the menu screen was different (like 1.0.5 1028 or something like that) I suggest a full fresh reinstall with a new save (you can copy all your ships over so you won't loose anything) try that and if you still have problem's PM me so we can dive into the problem and not derail the thread too badly.

@sashan You've been building a lot of great LCS ships. Do you know if there's a mod with the hex pyramid radar from the Zumwalt? 

Hey does anyone know where that video of a mortar round going up and over a building went and who made it? I want to reach out and see if I can't get ahold of the cfg he put together. It also showed the projectile flight path before he fired.

Edited by V8jester

31 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Do you know if there's a mod with the hex pyramid radar from the Zumwalt? 

No. There are none. But I may make one. :P It's dead simple, especially after I finish this one: 
12002298_871003613022305_565326897840888