[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

On 4/12/2016 at 0:35 AM, War Eagle 1 said:

Ive never seen Large Boat Parts fly…I've seen them jump and rip apart but not fly.

flying boats

i've got that problem

tip is to park your ships on land (i.e. the beach) not in the water, return to SPH to collect more vehicles and only place them in the water if you have all the ships ou need and will not leave (go back to Space center) the problem is to do with buoyancy and that is why the ships must not load in on water. it is to do with the loading in, a temporary fix s to increase the load distance via the BD armory alt+b menu.

1 hour ago, ckirky said:

flying boats

i've got that problem

tip is to park your ships on land (i.e. the beach) not in the water, return to SPH to collect more vehicles and only place them in the water if you have all the ships ou need and will not leave (go back to Space center) the problem is to do with buoyancy and that is why the ships must not load in on water. it is to do with the loading in, a temporary fix s to increase the load distance via the BD armory alt+b menu.

Yes i am aware of the work arounds. But fixes are better than work arounds

7 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

If you scroll through the pages you can find where he did a 1.1 pre-release that works with 1.1

Where can I download the pre release version sorry I am new to this website -.-

27 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Can you add the TOS-1 buratino rocket launcher, with the napalm-rocket armament? Because that will be bad-S as hell...

TOS-1-2.jpg1430479036648140099.gif

And have a homing variant. They'd (probably) work by applying a large amount of heat to a part and then slowly adding more that won't go away for a while. Also, they'd have to work on the ground. I've had a few Kerbals cremated by touching extremely hot parts so it'll obviously be a hazard to some parts

Perhaps make a fainter, more long-lasting explosion animation that lasts for 5 or 10 minutes. As you said, any unit that comes in would be Shish-Kebab.

10 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

Also, they'd have to work on the ground.

They're supposed to work on the ground. It's rocket artillery.

4 hours ago, ckirky said:

flying boats

i've got that problem

Where is the NODAR from? Im assuming thats radar of some sort?

38 minutes ago, Optionalcoast said:

Ok so I have the 1.1 pre-release of this mod and when I launch a craft my mouse disappears. Its still their and I just cant see it even when i go to windowed mode.

You can either:

• Go to your last quicksave by pressing and holding F9 (Hopefully you created one)
  • Switch to another craft
  • Waggle your mouse everywhere until you're lucky enough to hit "Revert" or exit the save
  • The last choice is to kill the game through task manager.

I suggest you keep a quicksave handy once you launch any craft, just quicksave right when you spawn on the runway. Or, you can keep a stock craft parked nearby for easy switching.

Edited by StarBruck

1 hour ago, Optionalcoast said:

Ok so I have the 1.1 pre-release of this mod and when I launch a craft my mouse disappears. Its still their and I just cant see it even when i go to windowed mode.

Dev2 or Dev3? Dev3 fixes the hidden curser.

Perhaps this belongs in the discussion thread, I've got a question anyway.

How do I edit the Weapon Manager part on my craft so that it will fire a missile every 0.2 seconds, instead of every 1 second (the current lowest value)?

6 hours ago, tetryds said:

@BahamutoD your last fix to the mouse issue seems to be a bit too much, it makes it impossible to turn off the mouse, which prevents it from being hidden using free camera or MAF, also getting on the way of recording battle footages.

Could the curser ever be hidden before? I always just tucked it under the right side of the screen and left it there while recording. Also the BD target reticule never dissapeared in my instal either.

Yes, you can hide it by pressing ].

You can also RMB double click if you have the option to enable free camera when you do that turned on.

Mods can also require hiding the mouse, such as MAF, the fix prevents it from being hidden at all.

OK, captured some "zoom & throttle off" behaviour with the labels on; I have my own ideas about why it's doing it but I'll not speculate; the craft doesn't seem to be evading or attempting to force an overshoot though. Caveat: this is my own build for 1.0.5, but I've not touched actual behavior or throttle control at all, and I've seen the same thing happen in the stock one. I did forget to turn lines on, sorry :S

Seems harmless until you put it in the position of a craft underneath pulling up & having a beautifully positioned & almost immoble target, as happens fairly often...

Next up, working out why craft attempt to go orbital while flying to target :P

Edited by Van Disaster

I actually have a question about the current parts.

Is the High Explosive Kill Vehicle 1 (HEKV-1) working?  I would like to know because I am planning on building a battleship with the 1.1 performance increases, but I don't know of any other missiles that work in space.

1 hour ago, TwinKerbal said:

Is the High Explosive Kill Vehicle 1 (HEKV-1) working?  I would like to know because I am planning on building a battleship with the 1.1 performance increases, but I don't know of any other missiles that work in space.

Doesn't work. No fix planned. Deal with it.

1 minute ago, Doctor Dimension said:

This is going to sound very dumb of me, but which button fires missiles? Or is it in an action group, and if it is, how do I.....how does one action group?

It's an action group

There's a special way to do it.  

1. find the part in the BD Armory tab that is called weapons manager
  2. place it on your ship (it can be anywhere)
  3. go up to the top left corner.  There should be a tab with a wrench.
  4. click on it
  5. click on one of the custom buttons
  6. go click on the weapons manager
  7. there should be a bunch of options with arrows pointing to an empty action group spot.
  8. press the arrows if you want to link that button to that outcome.  when you fly your plane and press that button, it should do what it says.  

3 hours ago, xaj1x said:

The weapons manager isn't even working

Looks like I'm not the only one. BDArmory pre3 does not work with KSP 1.1 full release. You have to use BDArmory pre2. It works, but the FLIR tracking ball's UI is massive. Also, BDArmory Vessel Mover and Vessel Switcher are also not working with KSP 1.1 full release.

On April 21, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Matuchkin said:

Perhaps make a fainter, more long-lasting explosion animation that lasts for 5 or 10 minutes. As you said, any unit that comes in would be Shish-Kebab.

They're supposed to work on the ground. It's rocket artillery.

Like a puddle of lava. Not a duck hunter

5 hours ago, TwinKerbal said:

No and there are no plans to get it to work….in fact the only reason its still in is to avoid it breaking other peoples craft but really he should get rid of it