[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

That's funny. Unloading a truck's worth of Sidewinders, HE-KVs and AMRAAMs into the VAB does nothing, but driving the same truck into the side of it destroys it.

Pretty sweet! I never get why Hollywood thinks it needs to embellish explosions, the real deal is so much more impressive.

Edited by Camacha

Sounds cool!

I have an idea for a new part that would be very useful. I got the idea from my solution to a problem that I had with hitting buildings using missiles. Since you can't select buildings I needed to be able to drop something that I could select. So I put a parachute on a truss and the truss on a decoupler. Over the target I decoupled the thing and it would land on or near the building that I wanted to hit. It's big and doesn't look good though, so maybe you could make a BDArmory version? A single part that's both a small parachute, a decoupler.

Ahh physics range issues.. Yes those are some of the things I warned about. I haven't dug too deep into trying to fix them yet.

Unrelated-

I've done several minor fixes for a small update that I will release soon, but here's a small useless thing that I just added because it is cool: (the sound missiles make when they are booking it towards you)

(reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-uWMXy4Nnc&t=55s)

Got one for you for incoming bombs...

It's a Paveway practice round, but it's still impressive...

Before I make a suggestion, i have to say well done sir. You have created my favorite mod for KSP. \('u')/

But there is still something that i think the mod is missing. I feel that there should be weapons that are a balance between the miniguns and the 105mm cannons. I would really like to see weapons such as the M242 Bushmaster (and possibly the larger 40mm Bofors gun), that have a moderate fire rate and moderately-high damage (possibly with a small aoe if you decide that it should have explosive ammo). I think if you do decide to make a version of this, that there should be two versions. One for ground vehicles (like the tank turret but smaller), and one for use on planes (Radial, not like the hidden vulcan).

Also, i would like to see more ground-based missiles, or ideally a version of the hydra-70 (my favorite weapon, but it doesn't really have a place being on ground vehicles) that could be aimed like a turret for use on ground vehicles.

My third and final suggestion is for the mod to have more utilities, such as the counter-measure pod, where they wouldn't be guns or missiles but could still have a place in the mod. Maybe something like a dedicated signal flare or possibly land mines

Here are some some links to the weapons I mentioned earlier :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M242_Bushmaster http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bofors_40_mm_gun

Edited by Tortilla Ship

Hrm... One request for the turrets/guns...

Any chance you can have the fixed guns activated by the weapons manager "FIRE" command? I find it unwieldy to have to click the mouse to fire it while I'm flying with a joystick...

Otherwise, it's superb. Can't wait for your next great addition. :D

Hey BahamutoD, Do you think you can implement a "burst" firing mode for the GAU-8, or other auto-cannons/gatling guns?

On another note, I have a whole lot of sound files for tank cannons/howitzers if you want, I'll put up a video sample or something when I have time.

Any chance you can have the fixed guns activated by the weapons manager "FIRE" command? I find it unwieldy to have to click the mouse to fire it while I'm flying with a joystick...

Maybe my earlier action group command could double this way. That way you can set action groups to shoot a gun straight, you can control it via kOS and burst mode also becomes a possibility.

Hrm... One request for the turrets/guns...

You can change the gun firing key to something on your joystick. The weapon manager's fire command and action groups are a one-shot kind of thing - you wouldn't be able to sustain fire unless its a pre-set burst.

Which leads me to...

Hey BahamutoD, Do you think you can implement a "burst" firing mode for the GAU-8, or other auto-cannons/gatling guns?

On another note, I have a whole lot of sound files for tank cannons/howitzers if you want, I'll put up a video sample or something when I have time.

Maybe my earlier action group command could double this way. That way you can set action groups to shoot a gun straight, you can control it via kOS and burst mode also becomes a possibility.

I guess, but how would you propose setting the duration of the burst? I'm running out of GUI space :P

Z1 M4N, as long as those sound files are royalty free, that might be helpful! Thanks.

Got one for you for incoming bombs...

It's a Paveway practice round, but it's still impressive...

Sounds cool, I'll see if I can use it.

PS

sumghai I'm going with the white icon. The blue one kind of blends in with the blue background of the button. White one looks great though! Thanks again.

I guess, but how would you propose setting the duration of the burst? I'm running out of GUI space :P

I got as far as that activating the AG would fire the gun. Manually doing bursts is an option, but I have a sneaking suspicion that is not what Z1 M4N meant. It is a lot closer than mouse aiming though.

Yeah, but fire it how many times? Hitting the AG to fire a gatling gun once would be lame. Also hitting it to start firing and hitting it again to stop firing would be lame.

Are action groups always toggles? My idea would be just to link the firing control to a button as if it were the trigger. Push means firing, letting go stops the bullets flying. Something like the brake action group.

I agree that being frugal with UI space is a good idea, complicating things with loads of menus isn't going to make it better.

Update

v0.6.1

- Added rocket launcher ripple RPM tweakable

- Added guard mode automatic weapon switching.

- Added settings option for bomb clearance detection

- Changed the way rockets spawn (they spawn in the correct slot of the pod)

- Changed rocket launcher unity setup *

- Changed bullet lifetime from fixed time to physics range

- Changed toolbar icon (by sumghai)

- Fixed explosions not affecting parts if at certain angle

- Removed dependency on BDAnimationModules (rockets don't need animation anymore)

- Removed some debug stuff

- Other small fixes

* This is the new setup for rockets. The rocket meshes need to be named rocket_# and a child of a "rockets" object. The rockets will be fired in that order. You still need a separate model of the actual rocket that will be spawned though.

qxk7BXk.png

- - - Updated - - -

Are action groups always toggles? My idea would be just to link the firing control to a button as if it were the trigger. Push means firing, letting go stops the bullets flying. Something like the brake action group.

I agree that being frugal with UI space is a good idea, complicating things with loads of menus isn't going to make it better.

I think the brake AG is the only one that stays active while holding it down... maybe I'm wrong though.

Edited by BahamutoD

Update

v0.6.1

- Added rocket launcher ripple RPM tweakable

- Added guard mode automatic weapon switching.

- Added settings option for bomb clearance detection

- Changed the way rockets spawn (they spawn in the correct slot of the pod)

- Changed rocket launcher unity setup *

- Changed bullet lifetime from fixed time to physics range

- Changed toolbar icon (by sumghai)

- Fixed explosions not affecting parts if at certain angle

- Removed dependency on BDAnimationModules (rockets don't need animation anymore)

- Removed some debug stuff

- Other small fixes

Another excellent update, as usual - I definitely agree that the white toolbar icon turned out better :)

You can change the gun firing key to something on your joystick. The weapon manager's fire command and action groups are a one-shot kind of thing - you wouldn't be able to sustain fire unless its a pre-set burst.

Didn't DYJ have one that it fired as long as you held the triggering key? I remember mapping that to the trigger and having a blast (pun intended. :P)

Right click menu? Or, with the GAU-8, select 1, 2, or 3 second bursts. (I've never heard of a real Warthog pilot using more than a three second burst.)

DYJ had a similar thing where you assign the fire key through the config. Mine's the same. Press alt-B and you can set the firing key. Depending on your joystick set up, the trigger might be "joystick 0 button 0" or something.

Edited by BahamutoD

DYJ had a similar thing where you assign the fire key through the config. Mine's the same. Press alt-B and you can set the firing key. Depending on your joystick set up, the trigger might be "joystick 0 button 0" or something.

AH. Time to mucking about and see what kind of chaos I can cause. :cool:

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by BlackDragon Korean viewpost-right.png I have very big problem. I think It happened because Converted textures to PNG format. and because of this mod, my computer is melting. Previously, It wasn't like that.

http://cafeptthumb1.phinf.naver.net/....png?type=w740before(0.5.2)

http://cafeptthumb1.phinf.naver.net/....png?type=w740after(0.6.0) no texture, no bullet

http://cafeptthumb1.phinf.naver.net/....png?type=w740 all of them is just same(no texture, no bullet)

I couldn't see any of your pictures...

I think, it happened because My computer is not compatible to your computer. If you use an Apple computer, you have to check the compatibility with the Windows operating system.

can you tell me your computer profile?? mine is windows 7 samsung computer, and if you want I can tell you more detail.