[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Bahamuto.... can you make a short tutorial in how to make a simple turret? :3

Hi , Have you downloaded the unity package that is in the first post? that contains all the info you need to make a basic turret, It was the jumping off point for all the stuff I've made for this plugin, that package has enough clues for you to complete any type of turret, from standard machine guns through minguns to artillery turrets, although depending on what you are doing some cfg trickery may be involved I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. One thing to note a real gotcha is that some(3dsmax) modelling apps flip some transforms on export so you find that your aimRotate and aimPitch transforms can end up the wrong way round, easy fix, make them the wrong way around to start with and export will flip them the right way when you get to unity.

Liking the new update especially the altered rocket launcher method, truly hated animating all those rockets

How can you convert a unity scene to a .mu file? thx!

Add part tools to unity which if you're making a part is something you should have done first as it gives you all the correct shaders to use with ksp and then export the object, plenty of info about this out there and in the modding links section

Hmm, I didn't study any actual guidance laws, so I don't know if this is anything like them but here's how mine works:

Each physics frame, the missile attempts to rotate its velocity vector towards the point in space where the target will be in t seconds (at constant v), where t is the time it would take the missile to get from its current position at current velocity to the target's current position.

Its relatively simple to guide stuff in a game engine since its easy to acquire the position and velocity of any object :).

Its not the most efficient since even if the target holds course and speed, that point will always change, but its okay since the missile can steer.

I had to do something a bit more advanced to calculate the proper t for the target leading of guard turrets, which I could apply to missiles, but they track well enough already.

http://fat.gfycat.com/EarlyAdmirableJay.gif

That's a rough guess for the guidance, but if the missile can have proximity fuze so that it explodes when it's close enough to the target instead of directly hitting it should work in most cases.

I still prefer PN though... which commands missiles to turn proportionally to the LOS (line-of-sight, which is the vector connecting the missile and the target) angular velocity. We can even add some lofting command to it so that the missile will pitch up a bit to compensate the gravity as well as gaining farther range (though that's not quite important in KSP since we only have WVR engagement right now).

Edited by HoneyFox

G'day BahamutoD,

Here's the sounds I've used for replacing the 50CalTurret, the "explode1" SFX, and the M1Abrams/Howitzer:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/85upaards2mzxyk/AABro3HucyknYv6MfiQwYJ0oa?dl=0

Should be able to just preview the sounds from dropbox and d/l them if you like 'em. If you want the whole folder (136 files, for Tank Cannons, lol) or other sounds, just let me know.

These sounds were ripped from a game sound file archive so I'm not sure about the whole royalty affair, (I'm no lawyer).

Hope this helps,

EDIT: For some reason I wasn't able to preview the sounds from browser using these links, compared to previewing it in the actual dropbox oddly enough. Oh well.

Edited by Z1 M4N

BahamutoD,

I was attempting to add in the cluster bomb into the MLRS missile that I've been messing around with but I have found out that it is not working as I would like it. As soon as it get to the altitude that it is set to poof the missile is gone, and there is no submissions. It also blows up while it is going upwards and not when it is returning to the ground. I know that you made the "clusterbomb" module to be dropped from above the deploy attitude, how hard would it be to add in a check or rewrite into one that can fit into missiles, where it can be fired off the ground.

G'day BahamutoD,

Here's the sounds I've used for replacing the 50CalTurret, the "explode1" SFX, and the M1Abrams/Howitzer:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/85upaards2mzxyk/AABro3HucyknYv6MfiQwYJ0oa?dl=0

Should be able to just preview the sounds from dropbox and d/l them if you like 'em. If you want the whole folder (136 files, for Tank Cannons, lol) or other sounds, just let me know.

These sounds were ripped from a game sound file archive so I'm not sure about the whole royalty affair, (I'm no lawyer).

Hope this helps,

EDIT: For some reason I wasn't able to preview the sounds from browser using these links, compared to previewing it in the actual dropbox oddly enough. Oh well.

What game? I can't redistribute it if that game's EULA disallows it.

BahamutoD,

I was attempting to add in the cluster bomb into the MLRS missile that I've been messing around with but I have found out that it is not working as I would like it. As soon as it get to the altitude that it is set to poof the missile is gone, and there is no submissions. It also blows up while it is going upwards and not when it is returning to the ground. I know that you made the "clusterbomb" module to be dropped from above the deploy attitude, how hard would it be to add in a check or rewrite into one that can fit into missiles, where it can be fired off the ground.

It was a 2 second fix. I assume you mean just make it so it doesn't pop unless it is falling downwards.

It was a 2 second fix. I assume you mean just make it so it doesn't pop unless it is falling downwards.

Yea, that would be very helpful if there was a check to make sure it was falling downwards. Here is the code that i have been working with but the submissions do not appear.

All code unchanged except for a few places above this point.

MODULE
{
name = MissileLauncher
thrust = 40 //KN thrust during boost phase
cruiseThrust = 1 //thrust during cruise phase
dropTime = 0.001 //how many seconds after release until engine ignites
boostTime = 1 //seconds of boost phase
cruiseTime = 10 //seconds of cruise phase
guidanceActive = true //missile has guidanceActive
blastRadius = 10 //meters
blastPower = 20
maxTurnRateDPS = 15 //degrees per second
audioClipPath = BDArmory/Sounds/rocketLoop
decoupleSpeed = 2
deployAnimationName = deploy
deployedDrag = 0.02
deployTime = 0.2
}
MODULE
{
name = ClusterBomb
deployAltitude = 700
deployDelay = 2.5
submunitionMaxSpeed = 20
swapCollidersOnDeploy = true
}
}

This missile is designed to be long range high boost out of the launcher with a slow yet long cruise length to allow it to arc to its target. It is active guidance, yet with slow turning speed so that hitting a moving target is not wise, as with using it for short range fire. With the addition of a working cluster bomb I wanted to make a Scatter missile that made the M270 MLRS famous its "Steel Rain" effect. In order to do this it needs to have a check for downward movement a settable submission number, I was thinking maybe 644 submissions with a rather large spread from the air-burst, yet still close together to blanket the target. Think long range late open shotgun shell, bird shot, or flak.

Another effect that might be nice to have later is the ability of the submissions to seek out targets on there own. I have no clue how hard the coding would be for that and the nightmares it will bring. IE all submissions seeking and hitting the same target. Yet a MRLS missile with maybe 6 seeking submissions would to me be nice as they do have something like that already but mostly for the larger ATACMS missile. Again this is not something that needs to be worked on right away as what we have is good for now.

Many thanks

Damaske

What game? I can't redistribute it if that game's EULA disallows it.

The files were from War Thunder (http://warthunder.com/en), I've taken a look at the EULA, and from the looks of I think it probably disallows it, oh well. ;.;

EDIT: Side question, what's the difficulty of creating and modelling turrets/cannons for a complete beginner? I've taken to simply resizing and altering .cfg's to suit my needs, but want to actually start making models for turrets/cannons.

Edited by Z1 M4N

Well all that extra stuff is a project altogether, but I committed the fix for descent-only deploy on the git, if you wanna grab it. (BahaTurret.dll is in BahaTurret/bin/debug/)

Yea, I kinda thought it would not be an easy fix, Thanks for the quick fix for the descent only deployment. I am still worried about the lack of submissions from the missile. Is the code that i posted look right to you?

Edited by Damaske

I don't know how...

http://imgur.com/

Sign up to that website, upload your photos and link to them in your next post in this thread.

(ASIDE - The website you originally used is a Korean one, but Operating System compatibility has nothing to do with not being able to view pictures. Perhaps the only reason you were the only one to see those pictures is because that website requires users to sign up there first).

Edited by sumghai

Does this mod add wind? The flare smoke seems to drift a certain direction.

I did notice rockets tend to go from flare to flare when you fire more of them. That can have the rather counter-productive effect of them swerving right into your vehicle :D

Edited by Camacha