[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

What number in the configs should I lower to make the guns weaker?

If you want to adjust the overall strength of all guns, you can adjust "DMG_MULTIPLIER" in settings.cfg.

ok, i did it. I mean this.

http://i.imgur.com/9gpofbI.png

before(0.5.2)

http://i.imgur.com/sfN0U4o.png

after(0.6.0)-no texture, no sound, no bullet (in ksp 0.24.2- I'm waiting for compatibility update)

Missing textures and sounds means it was installed in the wrong directory. Check that you installed it correctly.

Does this mod add wind? The flare smoke seems to drift a certain direction.

I did notice rockets tend to go from flare to flare when you fire more of them. That can have the rather counter-productive effect of them swerving right into your vehicle :D

Not real wind; its just an effect on the flare particles :).

Is it OK if there is no any texture file in the bammGuidance BDArmory\Parts\bammGuidance floder?

Woops, I forgot to delete that part. It was something I was experimenting with.. Don't worry about it (delete it if you want).

Not real wind; its just an effect on the flare particles :).

I was asking because of the weather mod that just came out. Wind would be a disaster though, as all aimers would be off because of it. It does make life interesting!

Is that chance of damage based on the crash tolerance of a part or is it equal for all parts?

Could you please post a tutorial on how to properly use the heat-seakers to get them to lock on to something, mine just fire forward.

Do you select a target before launching them and are they within physics range? That is pretty much it.

Also a tut on setting up guards.

Not hard at all. Make a vehicle/thing and add a weapon and a weapon manager. Be sure to add ammunition. In the BD Armoury in the upper right corner of the screen you arm the weapon, set a different team than what you are shooting it with and fiddle with the other setting until you get what you want.

Thanks for adding a modular missile part. :D In the description it says it has a warhead but I can't destroy anything with it. Has it not been implemented yet or is there something wrong with my installation?

It's two posts above yours.

Edited by Camacha

Did you know that in 0.6.0, if you activate a turret, point somewhere, and press 1-4 on the keypad, explosions magically appear?
Thats is one of the most amazing bugs ever I had to try it out and it was amazing

Hey, I have an idea: boats. I know there's this boats mod, but it looks a bit dated. Just an idea. I thought boats would go well with the Armory.

That boat mod is made by the guy who made the only other weapons system (besides lazor but that doesn't really count) It looks dated but it's not, its rather fun. The next update will be more fun with battleships. But I wouldn't mind seeing what BD can do with boats, or any kind of vehicles really. His jet engine makes me crave jet fighter parts. How about that BD?

Well I am releasing a fighter cockpit soon.

I'm not too into boats though.

I know there are still some of us wondering if you're going to some old 16-inch battleship guns (specifically me). Though a carrier fighter cockpit wouldn't hurt the big difference being a slightly different IVA with a higher perspective or wider bubble in order to see the ground better.

I'm really liking this mode but i find vehicles being annihilated a bit too much even stacking layers of stock steel platforms as armor . So how about implementing some sort of armor ? How about coding a plugin for a property that you can add to make parts sturdier but increses weight and price of the part ? Or even armored parts to make tanks and APC should do it .

Is it OK if there is no any texture file in the bammGuidance BDArmory\Parts\bammGuidance floder?

I double checked.

Well I played .25 and it was fine then I loaded the game the next day and be was broke so I reinstalled it and all was fine again ðŸ‘Â

I tried to reinstall. but nothing changed.

I'm really liking this mode but i find vehicles being annihilated a bit too much even stacking layers of stock steel platforms as armor . So how about implementing some sort of armor ? How about coding a plugin for a property that you can add to make parts sturdier but increses weight and price of the part ? Or even armored parts to make tanks and APC should do it .

Part damage similar to that found in the Skillful weapons add-on has been discussed briefly - not sure what BahamutoD's stance on this is.

- I know, I know, there's no cannon shell ammo boxes yet. The thing is, I don't like the idea of making more ammo boxes for each new ammo type. That and ammo boxes were ugly IMO. I want to come up with a nicer solution for ammo.

Could you give each weapon something like a limited KAS storage module to their part file?

Basically you are storing ammo boxes in the weapon. You just right click on the weapon and the Kerbal carrying the ammo box places it in the weapon's virtual storage area.

For example the 20mm cannon can store only 20mm ammo boxes and you don't see any boxes stuck to the side of the vehicle.

That brings me back to my earlier question:

Is that chance of damage based on the crash tolerance of a part or is it equal for all parts?

Right now, crash tolerance is only a factor for bullet damage. I'll make it a factor for explosion damage as well. Also right now, explosions damage and push any object in the radius, regardless of if there's an object blocking it. I'm working on a balanced fix for that as well.