[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

TheBlueMango This mod is awesome!!! But I do have a problem. I currently use a joystick to fly planes in kerbal space program and it is very hard to lean over (fly the plane with my left hand) and fire with right hand. Is there a way to set the fire button to one of the buttons on my joystick?

I have been to the settings but I don't know what my joystick's button is called.

Usually its called "joystick button 1"

Guys i made this for the M1 Abrams turret to sit on.

It's done in sketchup, how do I import it into KSP?

Hi firstly the bad news, unless you are a plugin and animation wizard the tracks wont work

So you'll either have to put up with it being static or get clever with the wheel colliders and LoFi's new texture animator , or you could take the tracks off completely and arrange it so that the cut allows for wheels or tracks to be mounted in the correct position,.

If this is your first KSP mod it's going to be a steep learning curve , depending on what functions you want, my tank for instance has built in turret , weapons and IVA, with crew hatches, working smoke emitters, lights and a cargo bay. If you want it easy I'd just split off the side decks and side skirts to objects, this should leave your hull core intact, you can the use box colliders on the sidedecks and a convex mesh collider for the main hull , don't forget to allow surface attachment in the cfg as this is how most bits you'll need to make it move are attached

mtb5X1b.png?1

TheBlueMango This mod is awesome!!! But I do have a problem. I currently use a joystick to fly planes in kerbal space program and it is very hard to lean over (fly the plane with my left hand) and fire with right hand. Is there a way to set the fire button to one of the buttons on my joystick?

I have been to the settings but I don't know what my joystick's button is called.

Usually its called "joystick button 1"

JoystickButton0 or JoystickButton1

Edited by DisarmingBaton5
fix stuff

*snip

That is amazing, but definitely you'll need to to do what SpannerMonkey said for it to work properly.

- Fix: Prevent firing when clicking on certain GUI elements (not all yet)

I've just noticed a small oversight:

If you don't set "mouse 0" but any other, e.g. "joystick button0" for firing the gun, placing the cursor over GUI elements still stops the gun from firing.

The 'GUI fire prevention' should only run IF "mouse 0"/"mouse 1" is the active fire key. Other than that, it works great though.

Thanks for all the information. It's my first mod, so the tracks are going the be static, just to keep things simple.

I'm planning on spliting this into 3 objects: main hull, lights and the tracks. The main hull will only include 35 rounds of ammo and a drone core.

I'm a total noob in modding, what should I do next? Any useful sites I can learn more about modding aviable?

COMING SOON! Eskandare Heavy Industries, Ballistics & Chinese Take-Out, Russian Krussian missiles add-on to BD Armory!

I'm at work at the moment but I'll be putting up my Development Thread soon.

http://i.imgur.com/ENnZe1n.png

Firstly, you'll need to get Unity installed on your machine, then install the KSP package, learn how unity goes together. There is also the RBI caterpillar tracks plugin along with it's code. If you're good with C# then you can update it for .25. Also I recommend making your tracks and hull separate parts, unless you feel you can animate them correctly as one whole part. Well, that's all the advice I have to give. I also suggest the modding forum, it is a good place to learn and get help with modding. Good luck and happy modding.

I've just noticed a small oversight:

If you don't set "mouse 0" but any other, e.g. "joystick button0" for firing the gun, placing the cursor over GUI elements still stops the gun from firing.

The 'GUI fire prevention' should only run IF "mouse 0"/"mouse 1" is the active fire key. Other than that, it works great though.

Good catch. I'll include the fix in a mini-update.

COMING SOON! Eskandare Heavy Industries, Ballistics & Chinese Take-Out, Russian Krussian missiles add-on to BD Armory!

I'm at work at the moment but I'll be putting up my Development Thread soon.

Nice!

Yeah key bindings are a problem. Playing on a Mac BD Armory doesn't seem to recognize my keypad, so no fancy target cameras D:

Makes my bombing runs a bit less awesome...

No options for rebinding as far as I'm concerned.

There aren't any keypad bindings anymore. The target cameras have been removed.

Update

v0.6.1.1

- Fix: Cluster bomb won't split if it is still ascending

- Fix: Fire prevention when mouse-over-gui only if fire key is a mouse button

- Fix: Stopped debug log spam when invalid fire key is entered. Replaced with a neat "INVALID" label in settings gui.

- Workaround: Setting physics range to 0 uses stock physics range settings again (fixes rendezvous velocity bug)

Notes:

The rendezvous bug isn't actually fixed. I just made it so that if you set the physics range (in the settings menu - Alt-B) to zero, it uses the stock physics range and the bug won't happen.

This is just a temporary workaround until I actually solve the problem. Set the physics range to zero if you plan on doing rendezvousing. No need to uninstall BDA.

Edited by BahamutoD

Update

v0.6.1.1

- Fix: Cluster bomb won't split if it is still ascending

I am having troubles with getting the cluster MLRS missile to deploy its cluster bomb. It simply vanishes and if followed with the [ or ] key it glitches the game out making you restart it. Sets view range to 0 or something like that. Is there something in the model files of the cluster bomb that the Hellfire missile model is missing that makes the cluster bomb work right?

Otherwise everything is working GREAT! !

In other news, if and once I can get this cluster missile issue worked out I'll release the moded files to make the bombs, missiles, and guns that was posted in this thread a while back. Link to the post I am talking aboot.

Here are the changes that I have done:

• Mark 91 250 pound General purpose unguided bomb,
  • Mark 93 1000 pound General purpose unguided bomb,
  • 75mm Howitzer,
  • 155mm Howitzer,
  • M31 Guided Unitary MLRS,
  • M31 Guided Cluster MLRS. (still WIP)

Damaske, could you send me an output_log for when that happens?

The log file was too large due to spam, i cut out from when i loaded in the craft till it stopped, pasted to pastebin and then made a copy of the full log file. If needed I can hoist the file so you can look at the whole thing.

http://pastebin.com/QFjgrE5Z

Will you make it possible in the future to set clearance on all bombs on a craft? Because one of my long-range bomber designs made in 5.2, based on the B2 Bomber, carries 36 500lb bombs in 6 rows in an internal chamber for a total of 216 bombs (it's also surprisingly agile). Even with symmetry, editing 108 individual bombs sounds like a very painful process

Will you make it possible in the future to set clearance on all bombs on a craft? Because one of my long-range bomber designs made in 5.2, based on the B2 Bomber, carries 36 500lb bombs in 6 rows in an internal chamber for a total of 216 bombs (it's also surprisingly agile). Even with symmetry, editing 108 individual bombs sounds like a very painful process

Just place one and alt+click (copy/paste) it to keep settings.

There aren't any keypad bindings anymore. The target cameras have been removed.

I was afraid that had happened.. too bad. Why exactly?

I thought it was still in because I saw your videos using it though (Could be the older versions yes)... and I'm still running 0.24.2 too.

It's me again, just found another bug:

- Changed bullet lifetime from fixed time to physics range

This was a sensible change, but:

Workaround: Setting physics range to 0 uses stock physics range settings again (fixes rendezvous velocity bug)

When setting physics range to 0, bullets now instantly despawn, therefore making guns unuseable.

This is unfortunate regarding their relatively short effective range, making them the most useful weapons in the standard loading range.

There should be another logic which checks if the physics range = 0 (after startup and every time it gets changed by the user), and if true, switches the bullet logic either back to fixed lifetime (like before v0.6.1) or to a fixed setting of 2500m.

EDIT: Maybe it's just me, but I set the physics range to 0 whenever I don't plan to use long range weapons, just for safety reasons (you never know if you might forget it before you rendezvous with your favorite station...), so it would be quite inconvenient to change it EVERY time I want to test something with guns on it. No biggy of course, but it just don't emits the amount of professionality one is used to from this mod! :D

Edited by BigNose

My computer keeps saying the files are corrupt when i try to move it to the ksp gamedata folder. Any tips on whats wrong

Seems like something went wrong with the download and the archive is therefore incomplete, have you tried redownloading? Does it show the error when you try to unpack the mod or when to actually just want to move it? More information would be quite useful when you want actually useful help.

I was afraid that had happened.. too bad. Why exactly?

I thought it was still in because I saw your videos using it though (Could be the older versions yes)... and I'm still running 0.24.2 too.

I wanted to move camera related stuff to a separate mod (Camera Tools).

The log file was too large due to spam, i cut out from when i loaded in the craft till it stopped, pasted to pastebin and then made a copy of the full log file. If needed I can hoist the file so you can look at the whole thing.

http://pastebin.com/QFjgrE5Z

Thanks, I'll take a look tomorrow.

It's me again, just found another bug:

This was a sensible change, but:

When setting physics range to 0, bullets now instantly despawn, therefore making guns unuseable.

This is unfortunate regarding their relatively short effective range, making them the most useful weapons in the standard loading range.

There should be another logic which checks if the physics range = 0 (after startup and every time it gets changed by the user), and if true, switches the bullet logic either back to fixed lifetime (like before v0.6.1) or to a fixed setting of 2500m.

EDIT: Maybe it's just me, but I set the physics range to 0 whenever I don't plan to use long range weapons, just for safety reasons (you never know if you might forget it before you rendezvous with your favorite station...), so it would be quite inconvenient to change it EVERY time I want to test something with guns on it. No biggy of course, but it just don't emits the amount of professionality one is used to from this mod! :D

Dang you're right. Good catch again. Hotfix coming right up after I throw this laundry in the wash..

Edit: Come to think of it.. I bet the rendezvous bug is what's causing landed vessels to crash into the terrain when they load at extended ranges.

Edit2: Nevermind, that is caused by vessels falling through the terrain (collision mesh unloads?)

Edit3: I ran out of time to upload the hotfix - I gotta go. I'll do it tomorrow!

Edited by BahamutoD

Sorry for not enough info. When I extract the BDArmory gamedata file and try and put it in ksp's gamedata, i get a message saying that most of the files could not be moved because they were corrupted or unreadable. I have tried to redownload it hasn't worked.

So I was trying to figure out how you coded the bomb, so flew up two planes (One after the other). I then proceeded to aquire a lock on the plane ahead of me, released the bomb and as it fell my first thought was "Cool, he did not code these as miss..." just then the bomb flew UP intercepted the target aircraft and took it down. I was shocked, terrified and in laughter when this happned. My thought: Could you program the JDAM Bomb as a normal bomb, but make it deploy wings (Just like the real thing) and then program it to GLIDE to the target. And not act like a missile. Otherwise I LOVE the fact that you decided to make a JDAM since that's what BDArmory lacks...A guided bomb.

Are you talking about Space Man's JDAM? Aside from not looking much like an actual, live JDAM (it looks like a training version of the standard bomb, blue paintjob and all), it's just a quick hack, BDArmory has no code for actual bomb guidance.

For the record, all blue-painted ordnance you see in pictures are training munitions. Always. Live ordnance is green, with a dash of yellow. Generally (unless you're in the Army and Skippy is in your unit, then all bets are off :) ), a blue-painted mine, or bomb is the one that's not going to blow up, in your face or otherwise. A green one can and will blow up. Repainting them otherwise, as Skippy found out, is not allowed.

Edited by Guest