[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Update

v0.6.1.2

- Fix: Bullets don't despawn instantly with stock phys range

- Tentative Fix: Landed vessels don't crash through terrain with large phys range setting

- Tentative Fix: Rendezvousing with vessels in orbit won't make their velocity match you on vessel load

Notes:

So I think I fixed those phys range issues. Please test on a save you don't really care about. I'm hopeful though. Some incentive: The sooner we can confirm that the phys range issues are gone, the sooner we can start working on super long range weapons like BVR missiles, rail guns, etc. So please report back! Thanks!

Dangit. Certain pieces of my weaponry depend on this bug.

On the other hand, does this put us closer to naval bombardment with giant cannons? :D

Hey there! I am a big fan of this mod and would like to assist in the creation of new weapons in this mod. I am a rookie as far as programming goes but have always been a fan of weapons and ksp. I have already started work on a simple rail cannon design similar to the Schwerer Gustav. I am unsure how to make the turret rotation animation only go up and down like it did on the Schwerer Gustav and would appreciate some help. Thanks and good luck updating the mod.

As said, I kinda thought it would be something like that. Too bad :/

It would be the best atomic bomb ever made in Kerbal history though.

Yeah, any chance this is doable?

I've made my first mod which adds in a miniature atomic bomb, but unfortunately I cannot get a mushroom cloud. :(

Hey, I'm having trouble with figuring out the weapons manager. I have a turret (I believe it was the Goalkeeper) mounted on a platform and I'm trying to get it to scan and murder anything within its range. What would I do to the settings for that?

Are debris counted as missiles by the Guard mode?

The weapon managers need to be on guard mode for the guns to do anything with remote firing on. So, no. Debris is not targeted by weapon managers. If you're looking to clear debris, it'll be best to turn persistent debris to zero in the main settings and load up the save.

Hey, I'm having trouble with figuring out the weapons manager. I have a turret (I believe it was the Goalkeeper) mounted on a platform and I'm trying to get it to scan and murder anything within its range. What would I do to the settings for that?

For best results, set Field of view to 360, scan interval to 1, and range anywhere between 3 to 5 km.

I don't mean to hurry you, but you have got to make a tutorial for making your own parts. I think it would really help out your mod if other people started making parts and letting you use them in your mod. I have modeled a great replica of the Schwerer Gustav and have made an accurate cfg file for it but I can't get the part to work in the game. the model and textures are correct but the gun just won't move or fire. I just imported your example package, deleted the 50 cal, and imported and textured my model but when I tested it it wouldn't fire. If I'm doing something wrong please tell me.

P.S. I am going to upload the finished product for you to have in your mod if you want.

If you're looking to clear debris, it'll be best to turn persistent debris to zero in the main settings and load up the save.

If you're clearing debris, you're probably not going to use Guard Mode.

In which case you can just manually select the debris and fire the guns or missiles yourself. (or drop a bomb and hope you hit)

i wanted to know if i could use debris too "spoof" the guard mode

Like chaff/flares, just physical for bullets? Yeah, but that won't work sadly. Unless you eject some "armor" between the gun and you, blocking line of sight. If you didn't mod the config, expect it to insta-die though.

Would it be possible for you to make the turrets be fire-able through the action group menu? I use a joystick and it would be nice to be able to use it to fire fixed turrets, such as the 30mm Gau-8, with my joystick, rather than using the mouse or reassigning a key.

I tried with friends the BDArmory in DarkMultiplayer. Very beautiful but impossible to use with a public server due to the lag. There a way to fix it?

Pray for a better multiplayer solution, I would assume.

I'm having some trouble assigning my joystick button to fire. I've tried changing "mouse 0" to "JoystickButton0" (which is what it shows as in KSP's settings), but it doesn't seem to fire when I press it. The button itself works fine.

I'm having some trouble assigning my joystick button to fire. I've tried changing "mouse 0" to "JoystickButton0" (which is what it shows as in KSP's settings), but it doesn't seem to fire when I press it. The button itself works fine.

It should be "joystick button 0".

teepee2345, guard mode only targets vessels that contain a Weapon Manager part that is set to the opposite team, or missiles (and bombs) if it is set to target missiles.

Edited by BahamutoD

An MM file, adding Weapon Manager to all command modules including seats.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MissileFire]]
{
MODULE
{
name = MissileFire
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[KerbalSeat],!MODULE[MissileFire]]
{
MODULE
{
name = MissileFire