[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Like a Sea Dart or Roland type launcher?

Yes, like that.

Or a Patriot launcher system. Anything that looks like launch tubes, basically.

Since the mod already supports moving turrets, and we have rocket launchers (with "internal" ammo storage) which spawn rockets. Combining that we could have rotating SAM sites.

ASSUMING, of course, the spawned missiles can have tracking like the missiles we have now.

EDIT:

Melfice, interesting idea. It would limit creativity but it would be possible with minor additions.

Oh, yeah, it would limit creativity in that case. But I think it would, at the least, take away some headache in figuring out how to create rotating parts (EDIT: That is to say, IR-like parts/EDIT). Plus, the parts would inherently work with the Weapons Manager.

Like I was told earlier, anybody who wants to create an outlandishly crazy contraption could always resort to InfernalRobotics.

EDIT AGAIN: Oh, that's basically the same thing aerolfos mentioned earlier in the thread... accidentally skimmed over that.

Edited by Melfice

What is the facination with nukes? I don't get it. First off the physics range would have to be set almost 10 times what the current setting is for you to use them to any affect without destroying your own craft. And secondly only ONE nation in history has ever used them, and they only used two and they are 1/100 the power of a modern nuclear warhead.

Which we know because tests. All of the tests.

And if they didn't exist, Russia and MURICA would have been in war long ago. Possibly even know.

Screw the nukes I say, Just make a MOAB (Mother of All Bombs). Or for it's more specific name, a Fuel Air Bomb!!!!

Rather Father of All Bombs. And no, the specific name is Thermobaric Explosives.

I would personally rather not having it at all than having to go "no nukes" all the time when using this mod on multiplayer (which is incredibly fun, everybody should try it).

Development time of this mod could be put on things that actually improve it without ruining any possible future balance.

You could also limit the number of nukes. Like 1 per game, and no use against immobile targets (Bases) or civilians. Means you can blow up that giant armor column of doom that would crush you but not insta-end the game by nuking all the cities and bases.

It's also possible to make Geneva or similar conventions in game, specifically you can store stuff on info drives (B9) and screenshots.

As for ignoring that, put in a rule that all countries/factions can form an alliance against those that break the convention, then get everyone to wage war on that single player. Maybe a massive 100+ player server would descend into chaos, but on me and my friends' server it works great.

You could always use Infernal Robotics.

I just said why you can't do that. That would work ONLY when an active player is in the vessel to switch the SAM rotation to face the right way.. which is annoying. If there is no player, it will simply not rotate and you might as well have a fixed SAM and save the trouble with dealing with IRs sometimes absolutely horrible system.

Edited by Aerolfos

I had Infernal Robotics, Tweakscale and BD Armory working fine together. It's still a pain to have to move the turret manually though and an absolute real pain if you want a couple of them. It would be nice if you could just plop a guided missile launcher down anywhere and it rotate roughly towards the enemy target it's selected. I made a "Powered by BD Armory" video you might like, has a couple other BD mods as well.

It's also possible to make Geneva or similar conventions in game, specifically you can store stuff on info drives (B9) and screenshots.

As for ignoring that, put in a rule that all countries/factions can form an alliance against those that break the convention, then get everyone to wage war on that single player. Maybe a massive 100+ player server would descend into chaos, but on me and my friends' server it works great.

That is exactly what having it on a separate pack would allow you do to.

@Darren9: your video is awesome.

For those that are suggesting a turreted missile pod, I am one for that But it needs to be handled carefully and done right otherwise everyone will just spam them instead of making there own systems. I've been working very hard to try and make the MLRS or a Multiply launch rocket system that I worked on within the army. I have came very very close with IR, LLL and this mod with some adjustments. However I have reached a lot of limits on what I can do. Having a pod that will fire off 6 of the rockets that I have made would make it oh so much easyer to finish it.

Also for those that wish to have different turret sizes I am in agreement with you on that manner, I have re-did the tank turret into a smaller size and put it into the pack that I have a few pages back. But i have heard that people are having troubles with the download and my need to get cursed (eap!) Or head over to the player made site and post it there.

How do i disable guard mode both engaging vessels AND missiles?

I want it to only engage actual vessels, not both vessels and missiles.

I'm going be doing more work on the 'smart guards' in the future, and that will be optional. Unfortunately, I'll be off to the Philippines and Hawaii for the holidays and other things, so It will be a while before I can do any major work.

I'm going be doing more work on the 'smart guards' in the future, and that will be optional. Unfortunately, I'll be off to the Philippines and Hawaii for the holidays and other things, so It will be a while before I can do any major work.

Wish ya well on the trip!

Im getting close to a few new features (so whgen you get back or perhaps a little sooner ill release a small update myself (which you are free to include later).

major features:

8 teams to select from

tracer colors change based on what team you are on

its not done, but i have gotten some progress done, ill HOPEFULLY have it done after exams in college (then ill have a month or so of non-stop modding time, or well go outside skiing or whatnot).

All that you suggested is implemented already, you should try messing around with guard mode :)

I have messed with guard mode. Unless I am missing something, it appears to only be capable of targeting vessels with weapon managers. Ideally I would like to be able to manually cycle through all targets in physics range.

If there are more features, they are not intuitive. Is there documentation on such features I can read?

I have messed with guard mode. Unless I am missing something, it appears to only be capable of targeting vessels with weapon managers. Ideally I would like to be able to manually cycle through all targets in physics range.

If there are more features, they are not intuitive. Is there documentation on such features I can read?

That is strange, simply by activating mine, it locks on any vessel or debris in my line of sight, regardless of having a weapons manager on it.

It will only not lock on friendly aircraft.

Try activating your weapons manager without turning on guard mode.

That is strange, simply by activating mine, it locks on any vessel or debris in my line of sight, regardless of having a weapons manager on it.

It will only not lock on friendly aircraft.

Try activating your weapons manager without turning on guard mode.

What he means is that if say a craft jet with missiles but no weapon manager engages a SAM/turret in guard mode, the jet will be ignored, despite it clearly being a threat. I think he tries to automatically engage targets that come in range as he flies around, which will only work for craft with weapon managers.

This is honestly quite an issue, and needs to be fixed for multiplayer... you can just switch to the wrong team or "forget" a manager (Or if you're team B; "forget" to change it before launch) and then be ignored by any and all defenses, making even the most complex trench setups with guns all along and what have you (Or what I actually have, the little peninsula that looks like Spain completely covered in turrets all along the borders and with interior ones too) completely useless. After all that time spent on making and positioning those defenses (Let's not even mention design, dealing with "cheats of varying degrees), this is way more than just a little annoying.

What he means is that if say a craft jet with missiles but no weapon manager engages a SAM/turret in guard mode, the jet will be ignored, despite it clearly being a threat. I think he tries to automatically engage targets that come in range as he flies around, which will only work for craft with weapon managers.

This is honestly quite an issue, and needs to be fixed for multiplayer... you can just switch to the wrong team or "forget" a manager (Or if you're team B; "forget" to change it before launch) and then be ignored by any and all defenses, making even the most complex trench setups with guns all along and what have you (Or what I actually have, the little peninsula that looks like Spain completely covered in turrets all along the borders and with interior ones too) completely useless. After all that time spent on making and positioning those defenses (Let's not even mention design, dealing with "cheats of varying degrees), this is way more than just a little annoying.

So, you mean that if you lock on anything, that thing should instantly attack you no matter your team or if you have a weapons manager?

Yes, I agree.

An option to attack any unidentified vehicles with a command module would also be useful.

But with something like this I am never clicking twice to hold a lock if there is a friendly craft nearby... fair enough, haha.

I hope there will be some kind of simple-realistic radar plugin in the future that would be able to interface with BD, that would be so great, no need to look for specific parts and all, of course we would then need some IFF, but thats basically in there already.

Btw does anyone know if there is someone developing AI ? It'd be cool to have some AI while waiting for the multiplayer part to be ready. Guard mode is somewhat of an AI, but I mean along the lines of vessels evading missiles or doing maneuvers.

I hope there will be some kind of simple-realistic radar plugin in the future that would be able to interface with BD, that would be so great, no need to look for specific parts and all, of course we would then need some IFF, but thats basically in there already.

Btw does anyone know if there is someone developing AI ? It'd be cool to have some AI while waiting for the multiplayer part to be ready. Guard mode is somewhat of an AI, but I mean along the lines of vessels evading missiles or doing maneuvers.

I never tried using kOS with BDArmory, but I don't see why it wouldn't work :)

(Or what I actually have, the little peninsula that looks like Spain completely covered in turrets all along the borders and with interior ones too) completely useless. After all that time spent on making and positioning those defenses (Let's not even mention design, dealing with "cheats of varying degrees), this is way more than just a little annoying.

Well I must say, High altitude dive-bombing seems to work against those defenses :D

Although I must say it was difficult to dodge the waves of bullets coming at me :0.0:

I could supply a Vertigo Bomber.

Not it is everything but a Vertigo Bomber, fast, maneuverable, quite heavy, quite a lot of bombs, non-VTOL, non-STOL, non-invisible.

Pic of actual bomber: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110220233658/cnc/images/1/15/CNCKW_Vertigo.png

Pic of my bomber: http://image.wikifoundry.com/image/3/c222b7ee86dc4d2b2c8926751821a16d

What a bad pic... but I have more than 200 screenshots and several minutes of loading time. If you really want a better one tell me and i will get one, that's what I could find.

Well I'm done for... Quick! Scramble the Orcas! Develop Firehawks! do something!