[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

This is honestly quite an issue, and needs to be fixed for multiplayer...

Ignoring the multiplayer mod (which, as people have put it, works with this mod but only if you ignore the bits that don't work), let's hold off on fixing stuff for multiplayer until there actually IS a multiplayer.

Let's first wait and see if 0.90 doesn't horribly break the mod. ;)

Hello everyone! - My DMP alert was set off.

I've definitely got a little way to go before I can work on supporting other mods, but BDA is a fairly common request as it makes sense for battle servers. Currently DMP does not let a player update other players active crafts, so when you shoot parts off someone they never see it.

As for nukes?, well that's a PvP problem and I'm generally a co-op guy :)

EDIT: Parts must be explicitly allowed already, nukes (as a part) would not be a problem.

i think then that the first step for BDA compaitibility is to make it so that player crafts can be updated by others through destuction of parts. then after that add BDA compatibility.

Hey BD,

I have played some simulators such as DCS and always thought it would be cool if there were settings on the countermeasure part so that you could set up flare profiles, so that instead of one press of the action group firing 1 flare, you could have perhaps a second action group that would for example deploy 1 flare every second for 5 seconds.

(Chaff launchers would be cool too but I know you get a lot of requests)

Yeah but that script interacts with the players behavior, kOS just works off an order of things to do and doesn't react to the player, afaik.
It can evaluate and "react" as well as run a list of commands. There's just a huge gulf between "my first kOS script" and a functioning autopilot, and another between a functioning autopilot and one that can react to a second ship.

I'm not a programmer so I'm aiming for detecting missiles and automatically dropping flares when they reach a certain range at the moment.

It can evaluate and "react" as well as run a list of commands. There's just a huge gulf between "my first kOS script" and a functioning autopilot, and another between a functioning autopilot and one that can react to a second ship.

I'm not a programmer so I'm aiming for detecting missiles and automatically dropping flares when they reach a certain range at the moment.

Oh it can actually 'react' to certain threats if you happen to code that into the autopilot? Nice, I guess I need to delve more into that.

I merely gave you an answer.

So, I wasn't like "that", whatever "that" may be.

It is amazing how much is lost through text.

Fact is people just need to calm down, do something new and revolutionary and read the thread and see if the question has been asked before. If you are to lazy to read, hit CTRL + F, and type in your question there, it will find it out of the forums to see if ANYONE EVER has asked that exact question.

Yeah but that script interacts with the players behavior, kOS just works off an order of things to do and doesn't react to the player, afaik.

As of kOS 0.15, you can now write a script that reads what the player's stick-and-rudder controls are *attempting* to do, and decide how you want your script code to react to that. (In principle this means it should be possible to do something like the Airbus style of controls - where the pilot's controls are mere suggestions for the autopilot to take under advisement, rather than having any guarantee that they'll actually be obeyed.)