[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

hey spaceman can i get the link to those tracks the one i found dont work

I'm still using an old Tracks.dll from over a year ago, strangely it was broke in .23.5 but seems to work ok in .24 x64bit :confused:

I think it's the same version as the one uploaded on curse http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/221183-caterpillar-tracks

Here's my edited cfg's in case that's what has actually fixed them:

http://speedy.sh/HjZdA/Track-cfg.zip

Preview of whats coming next:

WOW! and you pulled the REAL sound for the gun too, some people (in other games/mods) just grabbed a lame gunfire or the sound of the wrong Gatling cannon and called it good. How far does the bullets travel for the main gun, in the video it looks to be quite short ranged.

Is there any chance that you might make a dedicated air-frame of the A-10? cockpit, body, wings, engine, and landing gear? It would seam to be a bother to me to get all the other mods just to fly the plane i love so much.

You never fail to impress BahamutoD. Especially with that M1A1 Turret. What are the chances that you could do a 30mm LAV Turret after you finish the Gau Cannon. Which sounds awesome. I always loved the sound of that beast of a cannon.

753.png

BahamutoD, thanks for uploading that Unity package, it was really useful. Managed to get the parts to work now.

A few screenshots

http://imgur.com/a/Xqv2y

Re-installed Homeworld 2 recently, I think it's showing a wee bit.

Wow, when can we expect a release? :) It's just awesome. I love those battleship turrets. Any chance of a double or triple barrel ones?

I'm having some weird launch clamp behaviour with this mod installed. They jump to the craft when you travel a certain distance away from them. The pictures below are from an otherwise clean 0.24.2 install (the craft continued to accelerate away from them, hence the 2.8km gap).

mhe4Xvr.jpg

T7SDvKR.jpg

I'm having some weird launch clamp behaviour with this mod installed. They jump to the craft when you travel a certain distance away from them. The pictures below are from an otherwise clean 0.24.2 install (the craft continued to accelerate away from them, hence the 2.8km gap).

http://imgur.com/mhe4Xvr.jpg

http://imgur.com/T7SDvKR.jpg

I have the same problem on .24 x64bit. I never knew it was this mod that causes it though.

I'm pretty sure I'm running 32 bit though - whenever I've run KSP_x64.exe it says it's the 64 bit version at the title screen.

EDIT: yup, certainly running 32 bit, and been able to replicate it again - with this mod installed, I launched a rocket and the launch clamps reappear somewhere 7km mark traveling at the same speed as the craft (which then pulls away from them as it's still accelerating, then the clamps jump to it again and so on). On an identical launch without this mod, nothing happens. Either something really improbable is happening, I'm being an idiot, or it's this mod. I'm leaning towards some combination of the last two.

Edited by SufficientAnonymity
further details

I'm pretty sure I'm running 32 bit though - whenever I've run KSP_x64.exe it says it's the 64 bit version at the title screen.

EDIT: yup, certainly running 32 bit, and been able to replicate it again - with this mod installed, I launched a rocket and the launch clamps reappear somewhere 7km mark traveling at the same speed as the craft (which then pulls away from them as it's still accelerating, then the clamps jump to it again and so on). On an identical launch without this mod, nothing happens. Either something really improbable is happening, I'm being an idiot, or it's this mod. I'm leaning towards some combination of the last two.

Yep. This is because of the increased physics range. Lower it to below 6000 meters and this will not happen.

Although with a physics range at 5500 meters, I was noticing odd things with craft/stations in orbit. When I would get with in physics range of a station in orbit, occassionally the stations orbit would change drastically (either shrinking until it was suborbital, or growing to match the orbit of the craft I was flying). I removed the mod and this didnt happen.

Hmm okay, I will remove the physics range extension part in the next update until I can find a way to do it safely.

I am wondering is it possible to add the missile module to another cfg file and make it compatible with this one?

It depends on how the part is set up in unity. The missile just has to be pointed in the forward Z direction, and KSPParticleEmitter(s) for contrail/exhaust.

Is there any chance that you might make a dedicated air-frame of the A-10? cockpit, body, wings, engine, and landing gear?

That might be out of the scope of this project. Sorry!

BahamutoD, thanks for uploading that Unity package, it was really useful. Managed to get the parts to work now.

You're welcome! Glad you got it to work. Let me know when you have a thread on it so I can link it in my OP.

Edited by BahamutoD

Is there any way to make this use the skillful damage system? I love the models but don't want to add another whole weapons damage system to the game

It's really not a whole new damage system, I think each hit simply carries a 50% chance of exploding the part or not. I find it much easier to use, less clunky, and less buggy than Skillful. Plus, you don't have to modify the cfg of every other part in the game to make it work.

It's really not a whole new damage system, I think each hit simply carries a 50% chance of exploding the part or not. I find it much easier to use, less clunky, and less buggy than Skillful. Plus, you don't have to modify the cfg of every other part in the game to make it work.

I think the percentage is variable depending on impact resistance (still simpler than Skillful though).

Yeah, the destroy chance right now is:

8000 * bulletMassTons * bulletRelativeVelocity / crashTolerance.

So a 50 gram bullet going 1000m/s, hitting a part with a crash tolerance of 7 has a 57% chance of destroying it.

I haven't looked at Skillful's damage system at all, so I don't know how, if possible, to make it use that damage system without modifiying the code. I should also say that I don't guarantee I'll make it happen in the future.

My current damage system is intended to be temporary though.

Skillfull's system works by giving every part (mod parts are added through modulemanager) a health value and armor value. Different rounds or explosives have different effects for example a AP round deals more damage to armor and HE breaks stuff apart. Incendiary lights stuff on fire which causes damage over time. Parts that are damaged will eventually loose functionality and later be destroyed but can be repaired at a repair station (another part added by the mod) fuel tanks explode more than structural parts depending on the fuel in them. It also has an ammo resource system.

My current damage system is intended to be temporary though.

Oh. I love how straightforward it is at the moment - I've steered clear of Lazor System/Skillfull as they seem a bit bloated if, like me, you're looking to jazz up planes and some larger starships and for an amusing way to clear debris.

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

Oh. I love how straightforward it is at the moment - I've steered clear of Lazor System/Skillfull as they seem a bit bloated.

I couldn't agree more. I actually like this system better then both the ID Skillful and the Lazor system. As both of those are good but they are a bit clunky and bog down a bit when you are doing a fair amount.

I was looking at removing the modules from the Skillful system and lazor missiles and adding your module to them for my own use.