[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I have BDarmory and BD landing gears mod, and sometimes when I launch KSP the bombs are not there! deleting the landing gears mod and then reinstalling works, but it is getting quite annoying! does any1 know a solution??? PS. ksp 0.25

I have BDarmory and BD landing gears mod, and sometimes when I launch KSP the bombs are not there! deleting the landing gears mod and then reinstalling works, but it is getting quite annoying! does any1 know a solution??? PS. ksp 0.25

Check your output.log

Coincidentally I'd also be interested in your drone guidance. Mine is quite basic at the moment so I'll just past it in here, you might get an idea from it or be able to suggest improvements, I've only been a "programmer" for about 2 days. At the moment an error is reported if the ship being tracked is destroyed but the script keeps running and either selects another or waits until one meets the conditions, so I just ignored it. It just looks for a moving ship to track every five seconds and checks for missiles every half second. Could I have a look at your guidance script?

Thank you, I will see what I can do with it ^^

http://pastebin.com/eZ1V9ZZt

Hhere you go! You can change the waypoints at the top, note that all HEADINGS are 0° to 360° .

Thank you as well, I can deal much better with headings than vectors at the moment :)

Vector are so complicated ... just dont put any negative headings in there, they will be converted to bearings which are from 180° > X° < -180°.

I made this for a specific plane (Mirage 2000 look a like http://imgur.com/a/49Gm4 ) but it will work for other planes aswell, tried it with my Mig35 craft, only problem was wobble from the LOCK STEERING command, not to bad but noticable.

here you can see it in action

Edited by VentZer0

English please

I think he is asking you to go to the folder where you installed KSP

there will be a folder in there named 2014-12-23_002748 (But with date and time of your crash)

in that folder is a .txt file called Output

open that .txt file with notepad (windows here) then search for NULLREF

a string of NULLREF will be more than one found.

what is NULLREF ? I am not sure, but I think it means Invalid reference, some thing was referred to but not found. IE. I am often tolled to "get lost", IE find lost, but I find this to be a Paradox, If I find lost how can it be lost. I call that a NULLREFF ;)

ss138_zps6e48e2ca.jpg~original

Edited by Bryce Ring

Could you tweak the ricochet system a bit once you have time? I'd suggest making the bullets do less damage depending on what angle it hits a part at, and auto-ricocheting if the angle is too much (like now). Another solution would be to (finally) add a penetration system, with different shell types. 3 or 4 are enough to be basic yet add a lot to gameplay (AP, HE, HEAT, APCR). AP would have good pen and average damage, HE would have low pen and high damage, APCR would have average damage and high pen (and a faster muzzle velocity/less drag), and HEAT would have high damage and above average pen, but won't lose pen over distance at all and would only damage the part it hits and everything up to 0.25m behind it, if it pens (so maybe 2 panels, one behind another). Angling won't reduce damage but will reduce penetration, and cause a ricochet if the angle is too great and if the shell can't penetrate, it would disappear.

would the be a way to make the Mk82 bombs stackable(?), i mean in the same way you can make radial decouplers into whips, because then you could have an Mk3 cargo bay carry like 20 bombs.

Just modify the part attachment and make it possible to attach stuff to the bomb part. Then (In theory) you can put bombs on bombs.

You could also add a stack node and stack it like you do with fuel tanks, but then you need KSP coordinates and stuff.

Let me "quote" a part config:

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 0,1,1,1,1

A 1 is allowed, that thing is enabled, whatever, 0 is the opposite.

Stack: Not sure honestly..

srfAttach: A 1.25m fuel tank has this enabled. A gun has it enabled. A SAS unit or command pod do not. When disabled you can only attach to nodes, like when holding ALT.

allowStack: Again, not sure. Something to do with stacking parts.

allowsrfAttach: This is the one you want to change to 1. Allows other parts to attach radially onto it.

allowCollision: I think this is whether it will clip in other parts. Like with the cheat. However 1 is collision on, 0 is off.

Actually, is this what determines physicsless parts?

Could you tweak the ricochet system a bit once you have time? I'd suggest making the bullets do less damage depending on what angle it hits a part at, and auto-ricocheting if the angle is too much (like now). Another solution would be to (finally) add a penetration system, with different shell types. 3 or 4 are enough to be basic yet add a lot to gameplay (AP, HE, HEAT, APCR). AP would have good pen and average damage, HE would have low pen and high damage, APCR would have average damage and high pen (and a faster muzzle velocity/less drag), and HEAT would have high damage and above average pen, but won't lose pen over distance at all and would only damage the part it hits and everything up to 0.25m behind it, if it pens (so maybe 2 panels, one behind another). Angling won't reduce damage but will reduce penetration, and cause a ricochet if the angle is too great and if the shell can't penetrate, it would disappear.

I do not want to speak for BahamutoD, but I think he once said he does not want to make an involved and complicated combat system.

I do not want to speak for BahamutoD, but I think he once said he does not want to make an involved and complicated combat system.

Hmmm... then maybe someone could make an addon in their spare time? All it really needs (or at least the main things) is a tweakable with shell type, a change to the turret module to set allowed ammo types, a penetration multiplier for each shell, a penetration base value for the guns, and an angle and penetration-due-to-angle calculator. I never did make an addon for KSP though, so it's probably more than that. One thing for sure though; It's not extremely hard to code.

Hmmm... then maybe someone could make an addon in their spare time? All it really needs (or at least the main things) is a tweakable with shell type, a change to the turret module to set allowed ammo types, a penetration multiplier for each shell, a penetration base value for the guns, and an angle and penetration-due-to-angle calculator. I never did make an addon for KSP though, so it's probably more than that. One thing for sure though; It's not extremely hard to code.

I am pretty sure that BahamutoD's choices where to go with the mod have less to do with the complexity of doing it and more with where he wants the mod to go. I am threading on thin ice speaking on his behalf though, so I will leave it to him to comment on this matter.

I am pretty sure that BahamutoD's choices where to go with the mod have less to do with the complexity of doing it and more with where he wants the mod to go. I am threading on thin ice speaking on his behalf though, so I will leave it to him to comment on this matter.

Yes, I know that. What I was suggesting is if someone else could make it, like pz1b did a heat damage model (not that he should do this, but if someone wants to then I'll be glad) :)

"All it needs" as if it were barely anything, then this list. That's actually quite hard to code, and you need at least some experience. Plus the capability to check and understand the code in BD Armory.

Oh and actually, that needs either to directly overwrite BD Armory, or a somewhat complex reference system and then to externally modify the code to do that. That's even worse!

I'm guessing this is better than Flash, but I have a friend doing modification of hard-coded stuff without actually modifying the source code. So far it's taken several years (Literally).

Edited by Aerolfos

I think you may be barking up the wrong tree here. Skillful already has some of the things you're looking for, and could probably be easier to the code in a penetration system.

However, what are asking for is no small feat regardless. Considering that for balance (among other things) it has to think about bullet velocity, angle of impact, velocity of the part it hit, and probably a few other things to make it work. Then, once that's done you gotta remove any major bugs that pop up (of which there are bound to be a few).

"All it needs" as if it were barely anything, then this list. That's actually quite hard to code, and you need at least some experience. Plus the capability to check and understand the code in BD Armory.

Oh and actually, that needs either to directly overwrite BD Armory, or a somewhat complex reference system and then to externally modify the code to do that. That's even worse!

I'm guessing this is better than Flash, but I have a friend doing modification of hard-coded stuff without actually modifying the source code. So far it's taken several years (Literally).

Yeah, that's true. I was just suggesting it if someone would like to try it in their free time though! I'm sure a lot of people would like it, and if multiplayer ever gets added, it will most likely be a must. Not as if multiplayer wil be added soon, but in the far future it might be :)

Just modify the part attachment and make it possible to attach stuff to the bomb part. Then (In theory) you can put bombs on bombs.

You could also add a stack node and stack it like you do with fuel tanks, but then you need KSP coordinates and stuff.

Let me "quote" a part config:

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 0,1,1,1,1

A 1 is allowed, that thing is enabled, whatever, 0 is the opposite.

Stack: Not sure honestly..

srfAttach: A 1.25m fuel tank has this enabled. A gun has it enabled. A SAS unit or command pod do not. When disabled you can only attach to nodes, like when holding ALT.

allowStack: Again, not sure. Something to do with stacking parts.

allowsrfAttach: This is the one you want to change to 1. Allows other parts to attach radially onto it.

allowCollision: I think this is whether it will clip in other parts. Like with the cheat. However 1 is collision on, 0 is off.

Actually, is this what determines physicsless parts?

oh yes, i tried this, they do not release correctly (the one at the top of a stack releases), i would have to bind every single bomb to action groups.