stevism

Will it?  

1. 1. Will it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

end game, will it be worth it?

not price, but the wait.

i was obsessed for a good 6 months or so. but it got boring. i don't look forward to the updates. mods get tiresome.

i'm sorry, im not trying to be a downer. maybe i've just "gotten over" ksp...?

not sure if i should keep checking back to see when it will update / be complete. i'm not sure the final game will have enough to make the game "worth it"

by that i mean, the wait, etc.

i envy the players who will find out about it after completion. ksp is awesome now, but i feel like i've gotten over it.

also, tons of interesting space games coming out, with combat. maybe i'm just over the sim-nature of ksp.

thank you

oh yes, "it" will be worth it.

but i can't tell you what "it" is. you'll find out.

:P

on topic; if you are tired of Kerbal then take a break. you can stop playing for 6 or 12 months, and come back in a couple of versions when things have changed. go shoot things in space and come back for .25

i'm sorry, im not trying to be a downer. maybe i've just "gotten over" ksp...?

then you haven't tried everything. I've spent the last 6 months not even leaving Kerbin and i'm having a ball.

0fDFFGb.jpg

fh5tMM5.jpg

BDx5hj1.jpg

The thing that's tripping me up right now is the lack of official 64 bit support. I have so many mods I want to use, but not enough memory to use them all in. Once 0.24 comes out, my interest will be greatly renewed. That being said, I've never been outside the Kerbin system and it's definitely something I should do, I'm just not very good with rocket design so until I can skillfully create a shuttle program and fly cargo into space to assemble, I am pretty much bound to the Kerbin System.

It sounds like you just have a mild case of burn-out. Take a few days to a week off from the game, let your brain have a break, and maybe just experience KSP second-hand through players like Scott Manley, Danny2462, and HOCGaming. Sometimes all it really takes is a combination of a break and some new inspiration to get the KSP spark back stronger than ever.

i was obsessed for a good 6 months or so. but it got boring. i don't look forward to the updates. mods get tiresome.

Go away. Get outside.

No, really. If you find KSP boring, take a break from it. Tell yourself you won't play it for two months. Find another game, try a different hobby. Do something, anything, else for a while. Have fun doing something you do enjoy, and don't worry about KSP. When you come back, you'll have a different outlook on the game. Maybe you'll leave it alone long enough to get a couple of updates and a bunch of new mods. It will be, if not a new experience, at least a different one.

Burnout happens. So does getting back into a game.

end game, will it be worth it?

Nobody knows, not even the devs, because they don't know how far they will go making a game out of it. Will it ever have AI? Will multiplayer be THE feature to compete with others? Will it be more mission-specific (contracts) or will it have very small generic tutorial thingies? Maybe they decide tomorrow that enough is enough, its done now, some bugfixing...the end.

not price, but the wait.

never actively wait on a game. let it happen, meaning, do something else, check back (or subscribe to a newsletter) and one day it will just be done and you can check it out. maybe take a lesson out of this...early access can spoil games. you get in early, see what it "could" be, but it isn't. when its done you feel you already have played it, lessening the experience.

so you are over the "make your own game" principle of a sandbox. fine, its ok. go play a themepark game for a while, some very good ones out there.

I see KSP like "lego"...atm you have just a box with generic parts, in theory you can do anything with it. The next big thing are specific sets to build cities, pirate ships, space ships, basically content. Maybe KSP will have these sets, maybe never. We just don't know.

I see KSP like "lego"...atm you have just a box with generic parts, in theory you can do anything with it.

I laughed. You can't even build a space shuttle (eg. no cargo bays) with parts KSP has. You are forced to rely on modders, and it's not only for parts but also most fundamental features like areodynamics.

I sometimes needed a break from KSP and had to shoot some stuff in BF4, I suggest you do the same for a month or too...

The hit detection is better in KSP than in BF4, so I'm alright thanks...

Anyway, we won't know if it's worth it until we get there; the future is always clouded, so there is only one way to find out how good KSP 1.0 will be... Patience

I laughed. You can't even build a space shuttle (eg. no cargo bays) with parts KSP has. You are forced to rely on modders, and it's not only for parts but also most fundamental features like areodynamics.

Haha, this is classic lego!

I am old school with lego and had enough imagination to build almost anything I could imagine from whatever blocks I had available and did not need to wait for official model parts to come out before I built a huge ship or plane I was happier with than with an official model which requires no imagination as it even comes with instructions.

I agree KSP is like lego, but are currently limitations which mods are currently filling the gap on. Until then KSP is like old school lego and requires huge amount of imagination to make whatever model you want.

Of course this can get tiresome and you will need a break to generate a spark for the game.

never actively wait on a game. let it happen, meaning, do something else, check back (or subscribe to a newsletter) and one day it will just be done and you can check it out. maybe take a lesson out of this...early access can spoil games. you get in early, see what it "could" be, but it isn't. when its done you feel you already have played it, lessening the experience.

That.

If you're going to spend your time waiting on the next update and the next and the next you might as well wait until the game is finished and/or no longer in development because all you're doing is telling yourself that the future is going to be better and therefore waiting for the future is a good idea when it might not be A) any time soon and B) better

Just take a break. I haven't played consistently for 6 months; I have no real interest in putting that amount of time into a game partly because I don't have that amount of time and partly because nothing really fully sustains my interest for that long. Nobody is forcing you to play the game, except perhaps yourself, and there are thousands of other games out there to play that are well worth sinking hundreds (if not thousands) of hours into.

After a while you'll begin to find KSP more fun again, because you haven't touched it for a while. The same applies to literally every game in existence, even those with a re-playability value of next to nothing.

So, will it be worth it?

Maybe. Don't think about it.

As the 2nd most played game in my Steam library and possibly the 2nd or 3rd most played game ever whilst still holding my interest, I honestly don't care :)

Unless the game becomes considerably worse, at which point I will care, take my current KSP folder and run away into the sunset praising DRM-freeness

wow sorry for going afk...thanks for all the great responses.

yes i think KSP is a fantastic game, but maybe i just don't have the time it deserves anymore. the "wonder" is gone for me, but that is just me.

the new video makes the next update look great, but i get the vibe it will get very old very fast unless there is someone (or multiple) factions in game to compete against (a legitimate space race is what would truly make the new contracts mechanics interesting)

i will wait and see but again i think i have moved past ksp

If you were obsessed with it for 6 months, I'd say you got your moneys worth.

Personally, I'm looking forward to .24. I think the game definitely needs this added level of complexity. The way it is now, it just feels pointless after you fill out the tech tree.

I burned out for a bit. Just uninstalled all my mods and started a new career game.

Spent literally the whole day doing a Mun landing and return with level 1-2 tech. It was awesome, loads of fun. *almost* 100% equipment recovered; 5 spent fuel tanks with engines crashed into the Mun. Everything else safely ejected and set with chutes for safe recovery.

I'm ready for 0.24. Oooh, I'm so ready.

Actually I've seen someone make a cargo bay that can open/close using docking ports and stock hinges.

Yea, that's the one that has a huge tendency to randomly break. And besides: face it - cargo bays are not build of docking ports. What we could use in KSP is a proper cargo bay for a space shuttle designs.

Spent literally the whole day doing a Mun landing and return with level 1-2 tech. It was awesome, loads of fun. *almost* 100% equipment recovered; 5 spent fuel tanks with engines crashed into the Mun. Everything else safely ejected and set with chutes for safe recovery.

Ekhm... if you eject stuff with chutes - it'll disappear unless you have a focus switched to this part. And you won't get any resources out of it.

I hope you know that... do you?

Edited by Sky_walker

also, tons of interesting space games coming out, with combat. maybe i'm just over the sim-nature of ksp.

thank you

It just sounds like you are burnt out. It happens. I love KSP and often take breaks to other games on a regular. But I also have 2 installs of KSP on my computer to meet all my KSP wants with mods. But I still load up Planetside2, or Xenonauts or even Skyrim on occassions. I am waiting for a few MMOs right now, but the last two that have come out have sucked and so I am glad I spent the money on KSP and not those games. Granted my girlfriend HATES SQUAD and KSP with a passion, only because I spend more time in KSP then talking with her some days. LOL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.