Semi-VTOL, or VTOSL

So after doing some experimenting with parts in B9 Aerospace, I ended up building this strange little airplane....VTOL....thing. It can take off vertically for sure, but I haven't been able to land it vertically yet. I have landed it though, so I dubbed it a VTOSL(Vertical Take-Off, Short Landing) for its concise use of runway space during landings. I'm a terrible pilot, so I'm hoping someone more skilled than I can fly it more gracefully.

Video Demonstration:

Modparts Used: B9 Aerospace

Download Craft File: http://www./view/useq3ea23f33ras/VTOSL.craft

Love me some VTOL action, as well as 8-bit music. Nice ill' ship! :) The arrangement of the engines, has me thinking. When you're pitched down, the front engines are providing lots of lift, while the aft is thrusting mostly forward. I wonder how that works compared with a purely vertical setup. I'm going to have to experiment.

Personally I like the stability of the tilted engine configuration. It keeps the craft pretty stable while pitching downward, so moving around with it isn't so much of a balancing act. With a vertical setup the craft has a tendency to nosedive into the ground when you pitch down.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.