[WIP] NASA SLS - Released: Orion MPCV Core Module 1.0 [4/18/2015]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Announcement

I'm aware that I haven't been very active in progressing this mod recently. The reasons are due deteriorating health and frequently being sick, some requiring an ER visit. Well, after months of seeing doctors, tests tests and more tests, the results are in. A very minor problem, but one that will require surgery. The surgery is next week, then there will be a recovery period. I'm hoping to return to this project and complete it after I can actually comfortably sit in front of the computer again.

My apologies for this mod taking much longer than it should to complete.

Regards,

-NoOneSpecial

Get fixed, get recovered, get strong, and come back when you can and want to. What you have accomplished so far with your SLS program looks grand; I'm sure many here will enjoy your work when you are in a position to share. Until then we can exercise patience and wish you well (in all senses).

Peace,

cs

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the finished model and WIP textures for the 3 section Orion MPCV.

Sections include:

Main Body

Parachute + Docking Port

Heat Shield

I'm working on the IVA currently. The model for the IVA is done, but I need to do the textures, then figure out how to get the IVA into KSP. There are some good videos here on the forum for making IVAs, but I've never actually done an IVA before, so unsure on the exact process. After that, I'll have to get the transforms, parachute, crew hatch, and such working in Unity.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

On a related note: I'm pretty much done with the main portions of the SLS launch system as show in earlier posts. Models and textures are 100%. Unity and KSP part.cfgs are pending... mostly because doing the Unity and part.cfgs are the part about modding I hate ;). Love modeling and texturing... Unity is boring... and I loathe doing all the testing, tweaking, and balancing required for writing part.cfgs. But, I'm hoping to FINALLY have an official release soonish.

Although, I'm not overly thrilled about the heatshield. I'll probably redo it (again) before release. I have to find a better method than just creating a poly sphere and flattening it ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.