[WIP] NASA SLS - Released: Orion MPCV Core Module 1.0 [4/18/2015]

Any news? I am in love with your Orion, much better than the Bobcat one included in Chaka Monkey. I also like your SLS, and I would like a separated download. I don't want to download all of the unrealistic Chaka rockets and modules, but only your Orion+SLS. Awesome work by the way, as I was a modeler too I know the struggle. Keep going :)

• 2 weeks later...
Any news? I am in love with your Orion, much better than the Bobcat one included in Chaka Monkey. I also like your SLS, and I would like a separated download. I don't want to download all of the unrealistic Chaka rockets and modules, but only your Orion+SLS. Awesome work by the way, as I was a modeler too I know the struggle. Keep going :)

I understand that you might not want to play with the CHAKA rockets (it's a huge download and all), but if there's one thing they aren't, it's unrealistic.

The Orion, all payloads, and the SLS will be offered as a mod separate from ChakaMonkey.

Fantastic texturing and modelling I can see there! :) Just the "inter-window" (you now, the faces between the window and the cone model) section looks like the UV would be a bit messed up, but I have currently no reference pictures, so it may be incorrect what I say. ;)

ORION-RECOVERY-SHIP-3.jpg

QFuVsTJ.png?1

Great looking models, only thing that spoils it are the memory requirements. I wish I could use my 16 GB effectively for KSP. Just imagin how many cool looking mods I could suddenly run.

ChakaMonkey is rather memory heavy, because it has MANY parts and high quality textures. You could practically delete all stock parts and run only a ChakaMonkey game (almost). My SLS will have a much smaller memory foot print, as it will have much fewer overall parts.

O Man goody day :)

EDIT- Can we get the white texture too ?

+1!! pls pls! :D

And off course, congratulations for the release!

The white texture is, unfortunately, on my computer at work. So it'll have to wait until Monday. Then I have to decide logistics: 2 releases, one white one black; 1 base model with optional texture download (which one?), or one of those fancy plugins that allow you to change textures in the VAB. Decisions, decisions. :)

The white texture is, unfortunately, on my computer at work. So it'll have to wait until Monday. Then I have to decide logistics: 2 releases, one white one black; 1 base model with optional texture download (which one?), or one of those fancy plugins that allow you to change textures in the VAB. Decisions, decisions. :)

Oh yeah the plugin. Please.

Here is the new engine integrated into the second stage ICPS.

DlYrt88.png

In other news, I'm shopping for texture replacement plugin to include both the white and black Orion textures in the mod. So far I've tried Firespitter (with no luck, can't even get the contextual menu to display in the VAB).

Have you looked at how blackheart done KerbalStockLauncherOverhaul mod

MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
moduleID = 0
objectNames = kxlong
textureRootFolder = KerbalStockLauncherOverhaul/Parts/FuelTank/KXtank/
textureNames = texture1;texture2;texture4;texture3;texture5;texture6
mapNames = texture1_NRM;texture2_NRM;texture2_NRM;texture2_NRM;texture2_NRM;texture3_NRM
textureDisplayNames = Kerbal X;No Decal;Kerbodyne;Rockomax;Black;FLT
switchableInFlight = false
mapIsNormal = true
repaintableEVA = false
useFuelSwitchModule = false
}

Or there is FusTek which looks like

@PART[IACBM125m]
{
MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2

moduleID = 0

objectNames = fin;lamp_red;lamp_standard;main_ring;motion_controller;pwr_data;ring_rail

textureNames = FusTek/Station Parts/Parts/IACBM_1.25_texture

mapNames = FusTek/Station Parts/Parts/IACBM_1.25_bump_NRM

textureDisplayNames = FusTek Classic

nextButtonText = Next Style
prevButtonText = Previous Style

statusText = Module Panel Style

switchableInFlight = false

additionalMapType = _BumpMap

mapIsNormal = true

repaintableEVA = false

showPreviousButton = false

useFuelSwitchModule = false

fuelTankSetups = 0

updateSymmetry = false

showInfo = false
}
}

hope it helps.

EDIT- And dam wish ksp parts looked like the pictures you are posting that would make one happy kerbal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.