[WIP] NASA SLS - Released: Orion MPCV Core Module 1.0 [4/18/2015]

That's not nice. Also how can an opinion be "wrong"?

I was just trying to give my advice on how to accurately represent this beautiful space vehicle. If discussion isn't welcome, there is no reason this should be on a forum.

Discussion is welcome, but only discussion that is correct, not wrong.

Don't misunderstand. I don't have anything against discussion. However, this particular topic has been beaten to death on pretty much every forum on the internet that is even remotely related to SLS. I simply have no desire to further beat an already well beaten dead horse. This particular topic has been repeatedly discussed ad nauseum on every space related forum on the net. So don't mistake that with "discussion isn't welcome".

Edited by noonespecial

I promise, by grapthor's hammer, that when the model is ready for texturing I will personally and immediately paint an optional orange version with all the detail your computer can handle and I will even make it available in two or three shades of orange, as well as a white version that has orange undertones as if it were orange and then painted white like STS-1 etc.

If there is one thing I can do with a computer it's paint a KSP fuel tank orange, and you don't have to worry about me doing so when I get my grubby mittens on a correct SLS model.

Problem solved? omg

Edited by YANFRET

So... decisions decisions decisions.

I'm reading the DevNotes and it looks like the Unity 5 upgrade for KSP is coming along nicely. Bug Fix/Balance is being worked on for 1.0.3 in paralelle, but it looks like release 1.1 is not to far away.

I can't say how excited this makes me. The Unity 5 PBR shader is VASTLY superior to the shaders in Unity 4 (and KSP) and will actually enable me to produce models that look closer to the renders I love to make.

Currently, this SLS is for the most part finished. The meshes are 100%. I'm working on textures and normals currently (more on normals, the textures are easy). After texturing, pumping them through Unity for the full preview release (aka I have balanced anything release) will be rather quick.

The question is... I don't want to create all these textures for a Unity 4 shader, only to have to recreate proper PBR textures when KSP 1.1 drops? Or do I just want to wait for KSP 1.1? Decisions decisions decisions. Le Sigh.

Oh boy! What about Pyrios?

You mean these mammath things?

2410c.jpg

I haven't really thought about them. But maybe I will do them in the future. When I finish SLS, I'm going to take a short break from "realism" and work on something for KSP. No spoilers, but I'm excited about it. Hehe. Maybe after that.

Yeah those mammoth things. Since 'officially' Dark Knight boosters aren't the decision yet either, didn't know if you were going to do them too. I guess the 5 segment boosters are going to do quite well and the need for new boosters is still up in the air. Great work.

YAY! I'm so happy. I've been sitting on a model of the James Webb Space Telescope for a LONG time. Modeled, textured, and ready to go. Except.... despite searching multiple times, I could never find HOW it folded.

I just randomly stumbled upon a video that shows an animation on how the James Webb Space Telescope unfolds. SWEET

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.