Devnote Tuesdays: The "Everything's Shaping Up" Edition

SQUAD

Are they? I wouldn't be so sure.

Pretty sure that's what's meant by

<p><strong>Hugo (The Intern): </strong><span>Working on the Mk series pieces. Starting some IVA planning for some of these. I’ve been improving some of the MK-1 changes I did with the feedback of my coworkers. Getting super excited about the coming release. </span></p>

Mk1, as in the Mk1 cockpit. It's been known for a while that Hugo's working on the plane parts (mentioned in a Squadcast a few weeks ago), so it's unlikely he means the Mk1 command pod.

All of you who are fawning over new IVAs should look at the RasterPropMonitor and Multi-Functional Display mods, they're awesome. :D

You still can't see anything out of the Mk2/Mk3 cockpit though :P

(yes I know there's mods for them too, but they're not RPM. Besides, Squads IVAs might be better than the current IVA mods for Mk2/3.)

You asked

Will 0.24 break career saves?

I don't think that it will break career saves, but I think a career save which is in the middle, or at the end of the techtree will have missed all of the fun part of funding the science

I guess my only questions are:

1) Will this update affect current career mode saves in that suddenly now you will have to pay for your parts when yesterday you didn't?

2) Will you not be able to unlock parts that are in tech branches that you have already unlocked?

3) Will you already have certain reputation / amount of currency on career mode save that is in progress but not done yet?

4) Will you have the option in a career mode save already in progress to start taking contracts or will you have to start a new save with the new content enabled?

5) Could you still do career mode files without having to worry about currency, reputation and contracts?

I guess my only questions are:

1) Will this update affect current career mode saves in that suddenly now you will have to pay for your parts when yesterday you didn't?

2) Will you not be able to unlock parts that are in tech branches that you have already unlocked?

3) Will you already have certain reputation / amount of currency on career mode save that is in progress but not done yet?

4) Will you have the option in a career mode save already in progress to start taking contracts or will you have to start a new save with the new content enabled?

5) Could you still do career mode files without having to worry about currency, reputation and contracts?

I don't understand: As I can see, the .24 update ist overhelming mostly about contracts and budget. If you worried about your safegames become budget-sensitive, simply don't update to .24...

Pretty sure that's what's meant by

<p><strong>Hugo (The Intern): </strong><span>Working on the Mk series pieces. Starting some IVA planning for some of these. I’ve been improving some of the MK-1 changes I did with the feedback of my coworkers. Getting super excited about the coming release. </span></p>

Mk1, as in the Mk1 cockpit. It's been known for a while that Hugo's working on the plane parts (mentioned in a Squadcast a few weeks ago), so it's unlikely he means the Mk1 command pod.

You didn't specifically say it but others have and your comment is more current. I think the important point to note is that Hugo said he's "starting some IVA planning." That almost guarantees this won't be in 0.24. I'm hoping other changes did make it but for all those hoping for brand new IVAs, you may want to put a damper on it.

Yay! The Tuesday devnotes are here!

Oh wait!

It's Wednesday.

I read the article in French, and the guys playing it seem to admire it and really like the realism. They point out the issue of the ship-only-being-affected-by-one-SOI, but otherwise they like it.

Oh, and I'll miss this update, since (like for the past 2) I'm going on holiday... You're doing it on purpose aren't you?? :/

Edited by Javster

Or just cheat money and reputation into your save game, and move on.

The career mode gameplay is too fun to cheat. I don't even use any of the mods yet.

Cheat, pff. This guy..

I do have one question regarding what little I know about the contracts/currency system(s) or specifically, the refund/reusable parts:

If I put a detached part on a sub-orbital path and it has a parachute (plus a unmanned control), would i get refunded if it touches down in one piece? and could i in theory do this with launch stage boosters etc... things that I just let fall and explode once I've used them?

Edited by Shades

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.