[1.1] NavUtilities, ft. HSI & Instrument Landing System

kujuman

cupola... or the MK2 ones...

Try saving this text as MM_HSI.cfg to create a module manager file (Assuming you have ModuleManager installed).

@INTERNAL[mk2CockpitStandardInternals]
{
PROP
{
name = analogHSI
position = 0.3472729,0.2679975,-0.4824364
rotation = 0.5285116,0,-3.42179E-17,0.8489261
scale = 0.12,0.12,0.12
}
PROP
{
name = analogHSI
position = -0.3466099,0.267998,-0.482436
rotation = 0.5285119,0,0,0.8489259
scale = 0.12,0.12,0.12
}
}

@INTERNAL[cupolaInternal]
{
PROP
{
name = analogHSI
position = 0.1203323,-0.1161163,-0.4592682
rotation = 0.7071067,0,-6.181725E-08,0.7071069
scale = 0.15,0.14,0.14
}
}

- - - Updated - - -

how would I add those custom runways from Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbinside?

Do you mean the ones in the .cfg by Virindi (linked a few pages back), or a different set? Or to create ones from scratch?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, kujuman!

I'm about to release an update to my mod that will feature an IVA setup with Analog HSI:

DeJHizh.jpg

Do you have any objections to that?

I do not redistribute NavUtilities with this mod, only swap internal configs via ModuleManager, if NavUtilities is detected. As far as I understand the license, it should permit things like this, but I can't be 100% sure.

Edited by Konnor

Hi, kujuman!

I'm about to release an update to my mod that will feature an IVA setup with Analog HSI:

http://i.imgur.com/DeJHizh.jpg

Do you have any objections to that?

I do not redistribute NavUtilities with this mod, only swap internal configs via ModuleManager, if NavUtilities is detected. As far as I understand the license, it should permit things like this, but I can't be 100% sure.

That's perfectly fine :D

- - - Updated - - -

This probably an edge case, but does this work with 6.4x RSS?

The code should work fine, but you'll need to create a custom runway definition since the real KSC runway is in a different location than the fake KSC.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody made .cfgs for the newer bases in kerbinside? I'd have a go at it myself, but i haven't a clue how to even start with this mod.

I'll try to get a tutorial video up in a few days.

As an aside, NavUtilities ought to have, you know, Utilities. So here's what I've been cooking up: a proper attitude indicator for RPM (it might make its way to stand-alone as well)

1WHnAVK.png

Please note that this is a work in progress and probably won't represent the final design. So far it features:

A modern style flight information display; large artificial horizon

Throttle indicator (the green bar on the left)

Digital speed and altitude indicators

Bar-IVSI

I intend to add a speed tape and an altitude tape, indicators for brakes, landing gear, etc; a radar altimeter that automatically displays when below 750m or so, and a pitch offset mode (set up in the cockpit)

I have some other plans, but I'd rather not commit myself until I've tested them out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just now seeing the PFD, that would be an awesome addition. I would love to also see a trend indicator on the speed tape and mayhaps customizable markers (V-speeds, max and minimum safe speeds). I assume the speed shown is the true airspeed (and by extension ground speed, since Kerbin has no wind)? With the new stock aero/FAR it may be possible to show an indicated airspeed and maybe mach number and angle of attack indicator.

Now we just need some VORs scattered across Kerbin so I can fly /A to and fro. ;)

Nope. Just tested it and it won't show up.

Edit: It shows up with RPM but is not functioning (cannot select runways etc.)

Just now seeing the PFD, that would be an awesome addition. I would love to also see a trend indicator on the speed tape and mayhaps customizable markers (V-speeds, max and minimum safe speeds). I assume the speed shown is the true airspeed (and by extension ground speed, since Kerbin has no wind)? With the new stock aero/FAR it may be possible to show an indicated airspeed and maybe mach number and angle of attack indicator.

Now we just need some VORs scattered across Kerbin so I can fly /A to and fro. ;)

Yes, the attitude indicator is still a WIP; I had been waiting for the new aero to hook into some of the information there. I still haven't explored any of the new functions, but I think I ought to be able to at least tell if there is a stall or some other interesting information that way (maybe AoA? Here's hoping). Probably won't even be able to test any of that for a few days at the earliest. And thanks for the reports testing on 1.0; I'll look into that in the coming days as well.

Yes, the attitude indicator is still a WIP; I had been waiting for the new aero to hook into some of the information there. I still haven't explored any of the new functions, but I think I ought to be able to at least tell if there is a stall or some other interesting information that way (maybe AoA? Here's hoping). Probably won't even be able to test any of that for a few days at the earliest. And thanks for the reports testing on 1.0; I'll look into that in the coming days as well.

Very nice, looking forward to it! Any chance you will be adding NavUtilities to CKAN?

You may use Waypoint Manager mod. It is useful for very rude VOR immiation but...

So we got HSI here, some kind of VOR's and Chatterer. So the only thing left is Kerbal ATC :D

I love this mod and with the new additions I will probably love it even more! :)

But a quick question, how did you add such a thick cloud layer above the ground and can I add an ILS Approach Lighting System to it to fly down to minimums until I see the lights?

This would make the plane experience perfect! :)

@ss8913:

Please take some time to read the last 10-20 posts of a thread before asking about compatibility or requesting support. The answer is within those posts. Otherwise, try it and report your findings specifically.

Quick update:

NavUtilities still works in 1.0.2 but NOT WITH THE STOCK APP BAR. It is reported to work with RPM (so while in IVA) and I believe it'd work with Blizzy's toolbar (you must change one option in the settings configuration file). I'm not at home this week so any update is very unlikely to materialize before then. Once the 1.0.2 patch is up, I'll start work again on the artificial horizon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.