[1.1] NavUtilities, ft. HSI & Instrument Landing System

kujuman

23 hours ago, Ser said:

Not sure if it works in RPM, couldn't check that because I hadn't an RPMed cockpit.

I think for the most part the code will work: both versions use the same renderer and current runway data. The override on the runway name to be the marker won't function (I *think*) but that'd be super easy to fix once I have RPM to test on.

19 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

I've also had an issue in 1.0.5 with NavUtils display conflicting with the display of Critical Temperature Gauge
Only one will display at a time; Cant have both showing at the same time.

I've implemented the fix suggested by Ser. It won't be in a version for 1.0.5, but that problem should be resolved in the 1.1 version.

In general news, the update is coming along nicely--I don't think there's a lot more for me to work on, at least until I have RPM etc to test on. One side effect of the update (as you might see in the pic I posted a bit ago) is that the washed out color that appeared in 1.0.5 is also happily solved :-)

One thing I'm toying with is adding a KSPedia page (or several) for NavUtilities, but only if there's useful content to add, so if you have ideas, please suggest them.

Also, mini-changelog, in case I forget later :-P

• Marker Beacon audio volume was moved from Voices to UI
  • To bring up the settings window, Mod+Click (Alt+Click in Windows, Option+Click in OSX) the AppBar icon, no longer right-click
  • NavUtilities windows should now auto hide and restore when the player presses F2

Edited by kujuman

Do you think you could make the variables available for RPM to use?
Main variable I'm talking about are selectedGlideSlope, bearing, dme, elevationAngle, locDeviation, gsDeviation, runwayHeading.

I'm making a cockpit mod and wanted to add the Glide Slope and Localiser to the PFD, I have a very basic one that only works for 270* runways.

6 hours ago, DeputyLOL said:

Do you think you could make the variables available for RPM to use?
Main variable I'm talking about are selectedGlideSlope, bearing, dme, elevationAngle, locDeviation, gsDeviation, runwayHeading.

I'm making a cockpit mod and wanted to add the Glide Slope and Localiser to the PFD, I have a very basic one that only works for 270* runways.

That should be easy enough to do if I just need to make things public. I'll take a look at RPM and see what I need to do there.

(kujuman, here's the bookmark https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Variable-handlers )

Edited by kujuman

22 minutes ago, kujuman said:

That should be easy enough to do if I just need to make things public. I'll take a look at RPM and see what I need to do there.

(kujuman, here's the bookmark https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Variable-handlers )

Thanks you, eventually I hope to link it up to pilot assist and get the plane to land itself.

@DeputyLOL

I've added a part module for making the flight data public, and it'll be in the next build. I've not tested it in RPM, but I think it should be ready to go (I don't really know the RPM config side of things, unfortunately. If you get a config that should work, but doesn't, send it my way so I can give it some more testing.) If you end up wanting more information, that's super easy to add (as long as it's being calculated already, which most stuff is), so just let me know.

Module Name: ModuleNavUtilsInfo
Method: NavInfo
Variables:

• SELECTEDGLIDESLOPE
    • glideslope in degrees
  • BEARING
    • runway bearing
  • DME
    • meters distance to the runway (glideslope, not localizer)
  • ELEVATIONANGLE
    • elevation in degrees above projected horizon
  • LOCALIZERDEVIATION
    • difference in degrees between bearing and runway heading
  • GLIDESLOPEDEVIATION
    • difference in degrees between elevation angle and selected glideslope
  • RUNWAYHEADING
    • compass heading of runway in degrees
  • SELECTEDRUNWAYALT
    • selected runway altitude (meters)
  • SELECTEDRUNWAYIDENT
    • selected runway name (the long name)
  • SELECTEDRUNWAYLAT
    • selected runway latitude (in decimal degrees)
  • SELECTEDRUNWAYLON
    • selected runway longitude (in decimal degrees)

Version 0.6.0 (for KSP 1.1 experimentals)

is available to download from GitHub https://github.com/kujuman/NavInstruments/files/201068/NavUtilities.0.6.0.zip  . It should work for the 1.1 experimentals, and is pre-release itself. Please report any bugs you might find in it.

Edited by kujuman

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 11:19 PM, kujuman said:

@DeputyLOL

I've added a part module for making the flight data public, and it'll be in the next build. I've not tested it in RPM, but I think it should be ready to go (I don't really know the RPM config side of things, unfortunately. If you get a config that should work, but doesn't, send it my way so I can give it some more testing.) If you end up wanting more information, that's super easy to add (as long as it's being calculated already, which most stuff is), so just let me know.

Module Name: ModuleNavUtilsInfo
Method: NavInfo
Variables:

• SELECTEDGLIDESLOPE
    • glideslope in degrees
  • BEARING
    • runway bearing
  • DME
    • meters distance to the runway (glideslope, not localizer)
  • ELEVATIONANGLE
    • elevation in degrees above projected horizon
  • LOCALIZERDEVIATION
    • difference in degrees between bearing and runway heading
  • GLIDESLOPEDEVIATION
    • difference in degrees between elevation angle and selected glideslope
  • RUNWAYHEADING
    • compass heading of runway in degrees
  • SELECTEDRUNWAYALT
    • selected runway altitude (meters)
  • SELECTEDRUNWAYIDENT
    • selected runway name (the long name)
  • SELECTEDRUNWAYLAT
    • selected runway latitude (in decimal degrees)
  • SELECTEDRUNWAYLON
    • selected runway longitude (in decimal degrees)

Version 0.6.0 (for KSP 1.1 experimentals)

is available to download from GitHub https://github.com/kujuman/NavInstruments/files/201068/NavUtilities.0.6.0.zip  . It should work for the 1.1 experimentals, and is pre-release itself. Please report any bugs you might find in it.

Thank you, Ill test it now. Is this version also compatible with KSP 1.05?

I don't think it works with 1.05. My IVAs are screwed up and this is flooding my log.

While game starts up:
[LOG 17:31:27.818] [ModuleManager] Post run call threw an exception in loading NavUtilToolBar, Version=0.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader+<ProcessPatch>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[LOG 17:31:27.831] [ModuleManager] Post run call threw an exception in loading NavUtilLib, Version=0.4.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader+<ProcessPatch>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

When starting a flight:
[EXC 17:49:55.251] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
 NavUtilLib.GlobalVariables.Settings.loadNavAids ()
 KSFRPMHSI.KSF_MLS.Start ()
[EXC 17:49:55.257] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
 NavUtilLib.GlobalVariables.Settings.loadNavAids ()
 KSFRPMHSI.KSF_MLS.Start ()

When in IVA:
[ERR 16:18:02.288] Matrix stack full depth reached
[ERR 16:18:02.290] Matrix stack full depth reached
[ERR 16:18:02.291] Matrix stack full depth reached
[EXC 16:18:02.295] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'FinePrint.WaypointManager.get_Waypoints'.
 KSFRPMHSI.KSF_MLS.DrawMLS (UnityEngine.RenderTexture screen, Single aspectRatio)
 JSI.MonitorPage.RenderBackground (UnityEngine.RenderTexture screen)
 JSI.RasterPropMonitor.RenderScreen ()
 JSI.RasterPropMonitor.OnUpdate ()
 InternalProp.OnUpdate ()
 InternalModel.OnUpdate ()
 Part.InternalOnUpdate ()
 Part.Update ()
[ERR 16:18:02.450] Matrix stack full depth reached
[ERR 16:18:02.451] Matrix stack full depth reached
[ERR 16:18:02.452] Matrix stack full depth reached
[EXC 16:18:02.456] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'FinePrint.WaypointManager.get_Waypoints'.
 KSFRPMHSI.KSF_MLS.DrawMLS (UnityEngine.RenderTexture screen, Single aspectRatio)
 JSI.MonitorPage.RenderBackground (UnityEngine.RenderTexture screen)
 JSI.RasterPropMonitor.RenderScreen ()
 JSI.RasterPropMonitor.OnUpdate ()
 InternalProp.OnUpdate ()
 InternalModel.OnUpdate ()
 Part.InternalOnUpdate ()
 Part.Update ()

Nav Utilities doesn't load properly in 1.05, but as it is semi loaded other mods try and work with it and end up having panic attacks. The IVAs returned to normal when I removed the Nav page. Also, the RPM variables don't show up.
Edited by DeputyLOL

3 hours ago, DeputyLOL said:

I don't think it works with 1.05. My IVAs are screwed up and this is flooding my log.

0.6.0 is only for 1.1 and later, as I had to make some big changes to get it working that are not backwards compatible. Since you're in 1.0.5 right now, let me try something that might work, I'll report back when it's ready.

Edited by kujuman
shortened the quote for reading

1 minute ago, kujuman said:

0.6.0 is only for 1.1 and later, as I had to make some big changes to get it working that are not backwards compatible. Since you're in 1.0.5 right now, let me try something that might work, I'll report back when it's ready.

Thank you. I thought it was for both as RPM isn't 1.1 compatible yet.

6 minutes ago, DeputyLOL said:

Thank you. I thought it was for both as RPM isn't 1.1 compatible yet.

There's a pre-release for 1.1 here 

If you don't have 1.1, or want to keep testing in KSP 1.0.5, if you copy NavUtilRPM.dll from 0.6.0 to use with the rest of 0.5 RC3, it might* work okay. :-) If that also won't work, I'll build a .dll for your testing use when I get to my development computer.

* Looking at your logs, the NavUtilRPM.dll from 0.6.0 loaded in fine into 1.0.5, and it contains the relevant code. NavUtilToolbar.dll didn't load because it requires Blizzy's toolbar to be installed (so that's expected), and NavUtilLib.dll didn't load because it's only for 1.1, so I think it'll work.

1 minute ago, kujuman said:

There's a pre-release for 1.1 here 

If you don't have 1.1, or want to keep testing in KSP 1.0.5, if you copy NavUtilRPM.dll from 0.6.0 to use with the rest of 0.5 RC3, it might* work okay. :-) If that also won't work, I'll build a .dll for your testing use when I get to my development computer.

* Looking at your logs, the NavUtilRPM.dll from 0.6.0 loaded in fine into 1.0.5, and it contains the relevant code. NavUtilToolbar.dll didn't load because it requires Blizzy's toolbar to be installed (so that's expected), and NavUtilLib.dll didn't load because it's only for 1.1, so I think it'll work.

Wow, didn't know about the RPM pre release. Ill go try that now! Sorry for wasting your time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2016 at 1:25 PM, DeputyLOL said:

Do you think you could expose the short runway ID to RPM please?

Having a bit of trouble getting the long one to fit consistently. :D

Just saw this. I'll add it in the next version!

It's been added to 0.6.1!

PS I don't check this thread very often, but if you send a PM or use the @kujuman, I'll see it a lot faster :-)

Edited by kujuman
yay!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has already been suggested, but have you considered working with Crzyrndm and his "Pilot Assistant" to make the glideslopes provided by your mod into a fully fledged ILS that allows planes to lock onto the LOC and be guided to the threshold of the runway? I haven't a clue about coding and therefore would totally understand if it was too much work, but i think that it would be the next logical step to elevate your already awesome mod to legendary status. 

Edited by the_machemer

@the_machemer I cant speak for kujuman, but he listed the variables in a few posts up... It seems the onus would be on Crzyrndm to add the function to Pilot Assistant... Can I assume you posted on Piot Assistant thread or contacted Crzyrndm about this?... If not, you should :)

Edited by Stone Blue

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

It seems the onus would be on Crzyrndm to add the function to Pilot Assistant... Can I assume you posted on Piot Assistant thread or contacted Crzyrndm about this?... If not, you should :)

I have contacted him. I just wasn't really sure how much collaboration/work from either side it would require so i posted on both threads.

On 5/2/2016 at 2:08 AM, Deimos Rast said:

So neither Mod+Clicking the button nor rightclicking the button brings up the settings for me (linux x64bit 1.1.2 or whatever version we're on now:rolleyes:).

I don't have a linux install so I can't test this myself. Right click won't work for anyone (it was a work-around in 1.1 experimentals, but it might work again, so I'll rework that soon). Next version might be able to fix that.

9 minutes ago, Table said:

Because I don't know how to post with logs.

This post is stickied for a reason you know.
As for how to post your log, upload it to dropbox, pastebin, any non-aggravating (read no captcha or other BS) filehost and drop a link here. Or just post it in a spoiler if it's not too large.

Edited by steve_v

58 minutes ago, steve_v said:

This post is stickied for a reason you know.
As for how to post your log, upload it to dropbox, pastebin, any non-aggravating (read no captcha or other BS) filehost and drop a link here. Or just post it in a spoiler if it's not too large.

Thanks for the info, but I don't know how to find logs though.

And when I meant the game stopped loading, is on the loading screen it reaches NavUtilities, then it just stops moving. 

But the game doesn't crash though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.