[1.1] NavUtilities, ft. HSI & Instrument Landing System

kujuman

Sometimes the gui gets into a state where I can't change the runway or glideslope; and when I bring up the settings and click the buttons manually, the runway seems to change but none of the text does so I can't really tell where I'm headed.

Before I dig too much deeper, is this a known issue or should I start trying to reproduce and posting logs?

edit: when a waypoint is clicked in the waypoints add on this seems to be the behavior.

Edited by drhay53

6 hours ago, drhay53 said:

Sometimes the gui gets into a state where I can't change the runway or glideslope; and when I bring up the settings and click the buttons manually, the runway seems to change but none of the text does so I can't really tell where I'm headed.

Before I dig too much deeper, is this a known issue or should I start trying to reproduce and posting logs?

edit: when a waypoint is clicked in the waypoints add on this seems to be the behavior.

That's not a bug. When you select an active waypoint in the game, the HSI switches to INS mode and points at that waypoint with the white needle and DME reading showing the distance to it. Note that the text in the upper part of HSI says "INS" and contains the waypoint's name instead of runway and glideslope information. To set the HSI back to localizer/ILS mode you should deactivate the waypoint.

It has a minor issue still with the waypoint's altitude not displayed correctly since KSP 1.1 but hope I'll find some time to help kujuman and fix it soon.

Edited by Ser

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 6:40 PM, Beetlecat said:

I love this mod so much-- but now that I'm trying it with KerbinSide, etc. The available runways to cycle through is unusably long.

Is there a menu/list option considered to select the current nav target?

there hadn't been, but I could see about adding a list. Should be simple enough, just would take some free time

1 hour ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Hey @kujuman does the new update for 1.1 work with 1.0.5? if not do you know were i could download the 1.0.5 version of the mod if it hasn't been lost

Thanks FireStriker

xD

the newest version won't work in 1.0.5, but if you go to the github link, there should be a version to one that's for 1.0.2 that'll work in 1.0.5. I think it's 0.6alpha 2 or something weird. On mobile so can't easily just post the link right now

3 minutes ago, kujuman said:

there hadn't been, but I could see about adding a list. Should be simple enough, just would take some free time

the newest version won't work in 1.0.5, but if you go to the github link, there should be a version to one that's for 1.0.2 that'll work in 1.0.5. I think it's 0.6alpha 2 or something weird. On mobile so can't easily just post the link right now

Thanks i will look for that link

Edit: I cant find it, you dont need to rush to you computer i can wait for the link. Thanks for the help

Edited by xD-FireStriker

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SmokeyM said:

Cannot guarantee that any/every mod installed in this way will actually work in-game, but I have verified that it does permit the mod (NavUtilities) to install on 1.1.2. I have run a very short test, basically put a plane on the runway, and clicked the NavUtilities button on the sidebar, verified the window appeared, and posted this reply. Test additional functionality for yourself. 

Be aware that you need some ability to interpret JSON script. I simply loaded the file in Notepad, Ctrl-F to find a word, typed in NavUtilities, and kept clicking 'Find Next' until I saw it as a root (about a half a dozen times, you'll see the difference). As mentioned in the thread linked, this change will be nullified if and when you refresh your modlist.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3au0zv/is_there_a_way_to_force_ckan_to_install/

Ouch!, my json file is "uneditable" by notepad because of the size. (over 13 mb). =/ 

Screenshot of what I see:

8FK6H5I.png

Repeated message that shows in player.log

MissingFieldException: Field 'FinePrint.WaypointManager.navWaypoint' not found.
  at NavUtilLib.NavUtilLibApp.DrawGauge (UnityEngine.RenderTexture screen) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NavUtilLib.NavUtilLibApp.OnWindow (Int32 WindowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.