[1.1] NavUtilities, ft. HSI & Instrument Landing System

kujuman

1 hour ago, jackellice said:

Does RPM work on it's own without doing this?

All was working in the Revived edition. The buttons were a bit buggy, so I had to click several times for HSIL to show up. The runway's names do not show btw.

hqULA9V.png

Edited by SkyKaptn

5 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

I am not getting any of the RPM windows active. Nor the standalone pop-up window. No buttons either in Stock toolbar or Blizzy's. 

Just tried the latest recompiled dll and standalone window and button seem to work fine. Haven't tried RPM though. Are you sure you've relaced the dll with the one from the link at the top of this page?

10 hours ago, jackellice said:

I was wondering if I could package the HSIL RPM patch or the mod as well together and distribute with credits?

I think you should PM @kujuman

2 hours ago, Ser said:

Just tried the latest recompiled dll and standalone window and button seem to work fine. Haven't tried RPM though. Are you sure you've relaced the dll with the one from the link at the top of this page?

Absolutely sure. Version reads 0.4.3.0 and as you can see from the picture 3 posts above I got it all working :)

Edited by SkyKaptn

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@OldMold @linuxgurugamer This mod works. Why do you need to revive it?

2 hours ago, SpaceOdissey said:

How can I download this mod for KSP 1.2.0? Also how Mark Thrimm put this mod in KSP 1.2?!

You need to download the latest version form OP link and then replace the NavUtilLib.dll with the one from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0awajz3uilyycr/NavUtilLib.dll?dl=1

44 minutes ago, Ser said:

@OldMold @linuxgurugamer This mod works. Why do you need to revive it?

You need to download the latest version form OP link and then replace the NavUtilLib.dll with the one from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0awajz3uilyycr/NavUtilLib.dll?dl=1

Where is the source code for this DLL?  It certainly isn't on Github, none of the Repos I looked at had 1.2 compatibility.  It took me about 1/2 hour to make changes.

On 11/5/2016 at 7:04 AM, Ser said:

It isn't my thing to publish anything that isn't tested enough so I cannot guarantee if it works right. For some reason it doesn't show up in the Blizzy's toolbar and I have no idea if it is visible in RPM. 

But hence people suffer you can download a dll recompiled for KSP 1.2.1 as a temporary fix here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0awajz3uilyycr/NavUtilLib.dll?dl=1

Replace NAVUtilLib.dll in the mod's folder with this to get at least the separate HSI window working.

@Ser

When I adopt a mod, I support it.  Which will include Blizzy's toolbar and RPM for this mod

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

When I adopt a mod, I support it.  Which will include Blizzy's toolbar and RPM for this mod

I'm telling you it works :) And that's verified many times since November 2016. My fault is just not pushing the source to github.

1 hour ago, Ser said:

I'm telling you it works :) And that's verified many times since November 2016. My fault is just not pushing the source to github.

Where did I say it didn't?

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:
On 11/5/2016 at 7:04 AM, Ser said:

It isn't my thing to publish anything that isn't tested enough so I cannot guarantee if it works right. For some reason it doesn't show up in the Blizzy's toolbar and I have no idea if it is visible

Your words, not mine.  

After looking into the code, it's fairly obvious why it doesn't show up in Blizzy's toolbar.  The very short answer is that there is no active code to put it into the toolbar.

But, since you have it working, I'll leave it in your hands

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

But, since you have it working, I'll leave it in your hands

Whoever does this I think it would be right to try to ask the author first, even though the mod's license permits.

To make it very clear:

@Ser and I had a disagreement.  It was not unfriendly, or, at least, not meant to be unfriendly. 

I was requested to look at this mod by @OldMold, and wasn't aware of @Ser's previous involvement.

While I had started on working on it, I would not have done a "official" fork or release without attempting to contact the original author.  Unfortunately, I've tried to contact this particular author in the past, and was essentially ignored, which probably tainted my perceptions.

@Ser has a working version, and actually, DID post his source to Github, but it was under a different branch and wasn't really obvious as to where it was.  I found it when looking at the history of this.

@Ser has stated, and I'm agreeing with him, that he should attempt to continue this mod.  

So, I am officially NOT WORKING on this, please contact @Ser about it.  

I have offered him some suggestions in a PM, he is free to take or leave them, no offense intended or taken either way.  

Also, I have told him that I would be happy to offer any assistance he may need in the future with it.  Again, no offense intended, or taken if he doesn't take me up on the offer.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I can confirm what @linuxgurugamer said. We have quickly came to agreement in private conversation. That was a completely routine stuff to discuss, nothing "unhealthy" as it might look like.

So the plan is following: I'll try to contact @kujuman whether is he planning to maintain this mod, though he haven't been active for almost two months. If I have his permission I'll create a new thread to continue providing support for NavUtilities.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.