[1.1] NavUtilities, ft. HSI & Instrument Landing System

kujuman

7 hours ago, theonegalen said:

@Crown01, copy this to a addNavUtilsToASET.cfg file anywhere in GameData, and NavUtilities will show up in the ASET props. It will be accessible through the leftmost button on the top. A .cfg file is just a .txt file renamed to .cfg.

If you don't mind I'll include your patch in the ongoing release.

1 hour ago, theonegalen said:

It's fine with me! I actually got it from someone else a few years ago but don't remember who that was.

heh... I used to grab TONS of "patches" & stuff from peoples posts... But then after awhile it was quite confusing as to what came from whom, and what "versions" they were for, and finding out there was info or details needed that I didnt grab...

So then, now I always copy/paste the person's WHOLE post into the top of the .cfg (and edit as needed, before saving)...(I use NotePad++ to create/edit cfgs... a little "cleaner" than Notepad or Wordpad...)

I start with a clear, understandable "title" for the file (which I also will use as the file name), then who posted it, date of post, then I copy the post url from the "share this post" link on top right of the post.... Then I'll also leave any relevant content from the post itself... Then of course the "meat" of the patch...

Example:

// NavUtilities Patch for ASET & RPM IVAs, by theonegalen, Posted 17-07-02,
 //http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/77062-11-navutilities-ft-hsi-instrument-landing-system/&do=findComment&comment=3109344

// Copy this to a addNavUtilsToASET.cfg file anywhere in GameData, and NavUtilities will show up in the ASET props. 
// It will be accessible through the leftmost button on the top.

@PROP[ALCORMFD40x20]:NEEDS[ASETPropsIdentifier&RasterPropMonitor]:AFTER[RasterPropMonitor]
{
	  @MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]
	  {
		PAGE
<snipped>

Edited by Stone Blue

Since @kujuman hadn't been active for almost half a year I've sent him a request for permission to continue support of this mod with no reply though.

Therefore, according the license stated in the first post of this thread, I've created a new thread to continue development of this mod:

Should the author of the mod have any complaints or should anyone see a voilation of his rigths by my actions please PM me to solve these.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you are taking suggestions, but I think it would be cool if you could get it to recognize custom runways. For example, if I created a runway on lathe, using Extraplanetary Launchpads and Kerbal Hacks: Asphault tiles or something, it would be awesome to be able to flag that as a runway that I could select to land at for this mod.

1 hour ago, occ said:

I don't know if you are taking suggestions, but I think it would be cool if you could get it to recognize custom runways. For example, if I created a runway on lathe, using Extraplanetary Launchpads and Kerbal Hacks: Asphault tiles or something, it would be awesome to be able to flag that as a runway that I could select to land at for this mod.

I thought about that. Yes, it would be awesome and not only for NavUtilities. But it may be tricky to implement. If we recognize a row of similar parallel objects as a runway then there's a lot of such things around KSC including taxiways/roads. How to distinguish runways from roads? And not all the runway tiles are similar, e.g. I suspect that runway sides and ends are different types of objects. Fortunately, stock runway tiles have the word "Runway" in their names but I doubt that it is common for mods. So this remains an interesting algorythmic problem.

As a compromise, the mod has a tool to mark custom runways in semi-manual mode, it's explained here:
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/162967-130-navutilities-continued-ft-hsi-instrument-landing-system-v070-2017-jul-06/&do=findComment&comment=3114753

On 7/18/2017 at 8:38 AM, Ser said:

I thought about that. Yes, it would be awesome and not only for NavUtilities. But it may be tricky to implement. If we recognize a row of similar parallel objects as a runway then there's a lot of such things around KSC including taxiways/roads. How to distinguish runways from roads? And not all the runway tiles are similar, e.g. I suspect that runway sides and ends are different types of objects. Fortunately, stock runway tiles have the word "Runway" in their names but I doubt that it is common for mods. So this remains an interesting algorythmic problem.

As a compromise, the mod has a tool to mark custom runways in semi-manual mode, it's explained here:
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/162967-130-navutilities-continued-ft-hsi-instrument-landing-system-v070-2017-jul-06/&do=findComment&comment=3114753

Actually this should be possible soon with Kerbal Konstructs runways.

Edited by whale_2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/12/2018 at 5:37 PM, Beetlecat said:

in case you hadn't yet seen/searched: 

yeah that post was from march.  I have since recompiled/rebuilt the dll myself since then

• 2 months later...
On 02/07/2017 at 19:35, theonegalen said:

@ Crown01 , copie isso para um arquivo addNavUtilsToASET.cfg em qualquer lugar no GameData, e o NavUtilities aparecerá nos objetos ASET. Será acessível através do botão mais à esquerda no topo. Um arquivo .cfg é apenas um arquivo .txt renomeado para .cfg.

In case I could put that cfg file created inside the ASET folder or would it get loose inside the same GameData folder?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.