[1.1] NavUtilities, ft. HSI & Instrument Landing System

kujuman

I love the mod but can you make it so it remembers it's window state and position when quick loading? Currently when you do a quick load, it thinks the window is showing so clicking the button does nothing, clicking it again brings it back but it's not in the place I put it, it's back in it's default position.

I love the mod but can you make it so it remembers it's window state and position when quick loading? Currently when you do a quick load, it thinks the window is showing so clicking the button does nothing, clicking it again brings it back but it's not in the place I put it, it's back in it's default position.

Are you using 0.4.3 or one of the 0.5 release candidates? It's supposed to be more persistent in 0.5

• 2 weeks later...

kujuman, would you mind if i added this awesome mod to the CKAN repository?

Basically, you (or i intent to) put a file like this into the CKAN metadata archive on github

{
"spec_version" : 1,
"identifier" : "NavUtilities",
"$kref" : "#/ckan/kerbalstuff/70",
"license" : "restricted",
"install" : [
{
"file" : "GameData/KerbalScienceFoundation",
"install_to" : "GameData"
}
]
}

and it will figure out what to download from the data available on Kerbalstuff. I verfied that CKAN will download version 0.4.3 and install it correctly.

Okay?

Hey, first of all much thanks for this great mod.

Just a little bit of a request: could you make it so that if Blizzy toolbar is installed to use that instead of stock? Just trying to reduce a bit UI clutter.

Hey there, I just wondered and found out the option for this in the config file. Cheers

kujuman, would you mind if i added this awesome mod to the CKAN repository?

Basically, you (or i intent to) put a file like this into the CKAN metadata archive on github

{
"spec_version" : 1,
"identifier" : "NavUtilities",
"$kref" : "#/ckan/kerbalstuff/70",
"license" : "restricted",
"install" : [
{
"file" : "GameData/KerbalScienceFoundation",
"install_to" : "GameData"
}
]
}

and it will figure out what to download from the data available on Kerbalstuff. I verfied that CKAN will download version 0.4.3 and install it correctly.

Okay?

I've seen CKAN, but I've never used it, so I'm not familiar with how to use it. If you can make it work though feel free to do it. If you need me to update something let me know how to do it and I will. :D

I've seen CKAN, but I've never used it, so I'm not familiar with how to use it. If you can make it work though feel free to do it. If you need me to update something let me know how to do it and I will. :D

It's already done! NavUtilities can now be installed from CKAN. The best thing is, you don't have to do anything when you release a new version. CKAN should figure out what the most recent version is by looking at the KerbalStuff page.

Cheers,

Michael

It's already done! NavUtilities can now be installed from CKAN. The best thing is, you don't have to do anything when you release a new version. CKAN should figure out what the most recent version is by looking at the KerbalStuff page.

Cheers,

Michael

That's great! Thanks for doing that.

Greetings kujuman...

Great mod, use it all of the time....

Is there any possibility that a comments line could be added into the runway.cfg that would be displayed on the nav display.

Things like "WARNING GS 12 must be used", or "OBS @ EoR CLM hard / turn right immediatly"...

you get the picture...

Some of the locations in RSS and some that are made interactivly need to have some way to 'remind' pilot of obstructions or hazards...

Just and idea.....

Thanks for the mod..

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings kujuman...

Great mod, use it all of the time....

Is there any possibility that a comments line could be added into the runway.cfg that would be displayed on the nav display.

Things like "WARNING GS 12 must be used", or "OBS @ EoR CLM hard / turn right immediatly"...

you get the picture...

Some of the locations in RSS and some that are made interactivly need to have some way to 'remind' pilot of obstructions or hazards...

Just and idea.....

Thanks for the mod..

It would be easy enough to store that information, but the work is in writing a GUI for it in game. I'll keep this in mind though. If I do it, I'd probably add image functionality too (so you really could develop glide slopes or whatever).

Anyway, I've tested in .90, seems to work fine using the stock toolbar. I've also heard back from Virindi, so I'll be including his tweaks and fixes in the next release! Which will be Soonâ„¢

Tried in .90, stand alone as I don't use IVA. Clicking the stock toolbar icon caused the entire GUI to vanish and not recoverable without crashing out of the game and restarting. :(

Which version of the mod were you using? 0.4 or one of the 0.5 RCs?

0.4.3, didn't see there was a new version I'll try that right away. :)

K, thanks for testing :D. Please bear in mind there may be a bug in the newest version that may interfere with other mods you have in the VAB or SPH. Still working on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys! Kujuman, is this mod compatible with 0.90? I saw it in videos and man this is glorious, especially IVA, so i wandered as irl pilot, could you, in a near future, maybe add VOR or NDB that we could deploy in kerbin or maybe im not sure if its simpler, to add GNSS waypoints so we can go RNAV in KSP hahaha

Would be usefull specially to bring back the flying brick shuttle to KSC or other runway...

Great work on the mod!

Which version of the mod were you using? 0.4 or one of the 0.5 RCs?

It's a little bit confusing. KerbalStuff has 0.5-RC3 but the 1st post mentions and the GitHub Releases has only 0.4.3. And the name has gone back and forth between Nav Utilities and Nav Instruments (but at least always KerbalScienceFoundation/NavInstruments in its directory name).

Hello guys! Kujuman, is this mod compatible with 0.90? I saw it in videos and man this is glorious, especially IVA, so i wandered as irl pilot, could you, in a near future, maybe add VOR or NDB that we could deploy in kerbin or maybe im not sure if its simpler, to add GNSS waypoints so we can go RNAV in KSP hahaha

Would be usefull specially to bring back the flying brick shuttle to KSC or other runway...

Great work on the mod!

The 0.5 RC3 works with 0.90

It's a little bit confusing. KerbalStuff has 0.5-RC3 but the 1st post mentions and the GitHub Releases has only 0.4.3. And the name has gone back and forth between Nav Utilities and Nav Instruments (but at least always KerbalScienceFoundation/NavInstruments in its directory name).

Ah, yes, I've gone ahead and updated the link on GitHub. The updated zips were making it there, just not on the releases page. And worst part, I just found out I typo'd NavUtilities into NavUtilites on KerbalStuff, so I'll see if I can fix that too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.