[1.1] NavUtilities, ft. HSI & Instrument Landing System

kujuman

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Fwiffo']Can anyone report in on whether this mod has been playing well for them under 1.0.5?[/QUOTE]
Tested it today with KSP 1.0.5, seems to work fine.

--EDIT--
Except for I can't hear marker sounds for some reason. Edited by Ser

-- EDIT --
Deleted my issue report. NVM, that must have been caused by Precise Node mod somehow.

kujuman, If you don't mind, I've created a pull request that adds INS mode to your HSI. Sent you a PM about that. Edited by Ser

• 3 weeks later...

Less memory, and it is now native format for KSP sonce 1.0... I was also thinking there may be a small chance that might be why the display seems dimmer in 1.0.5... I'm guessing something got changed with the textures...Maybe emissive shaders?...

• 1 month later...

There's something mysterious with the sounds. Think that isn't relative to Linux as I had many issues with them too in my mod having implemented them similar to this and some other mods. It is promised that KSP 1.1 should have a better system. Hope that'll help with the issues.

• 4 weeks later...

@Kitspace It sounds like something may be messing with the toolbar textures...

1) Do you have Active Texture Management, or any other texture replacing/modifying mod installed?

2) Do you use Blizzy's Toolbar mod?

3) or perhaps something happened incorrectly with the re-install?

Edited by Stone Blue

I use neither of those things but I discovered something else.

RC1 seems to work normally while RC3 does not appear in the app launcher as described above.

Why is that? Installing them on top of each other appears to work also.

I got both of them from the Kerbal stuff torrent and do not remember which one was downloadable when the site was running?

21 minutes ago, Kuroshine said:

Are there any additional download mirrors for this mod since Mod Stuff went down?

You may try to download this: https://github.com/kujuman/NavInstruments/archive/master.zip and then extract the contents of GameData folder from the zip and place them to your GameData folder as they are. So the mod's folder in your GameData should be the "KerbalScienceFoundation", that's important.

Write here if you have no luck with it.

20 minutes ago, Ser said:

You may try to download this: https://github.com/kujuman/NavInstruments/archive/master.zip and then extract the contents of GameData folder from the zip and place them to your GameData folder as they are. So the mod's folder in your GameData should be the "KerbalScienceFoundation", that's important.

Write here if you have no luck with it.

Thank you! This worked great!

On 2/21/2016 at 3:56 PM, Stone Blue said:

Ahh.. That might be your issue... 0.5 RC3 is the older version, and it was compiled for KSP 0.90... You want to use 0.5.1 RC1 Repacked... That was the most updated version, meant for 1.0.2...

I had totally forgotten about that. I think I must have installed the RC3 version as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:21 PM, LnX said:

In the second video there's a green screen with a cross hair.  How do I get that? Thanks.

I think that's in the regular RPM package.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 10:55 AM, Stone Blue said:

Hmmm... Can the texures be converted to .dds, or are the names hard-coded anyplace?

I can try converting them to .dds, sure. The images used for the digital HSI and AI are in fact hard coded at the moment.

Oh! And I suppose I should update this for 1.1...

SdBtYL0.png

In addition to fixing compatibility, I've pulled a fork by @Ser a while back, so the HSI will work with Waypoints for stock contracts. I've not be able to test it yet, but it looks like it'll be pretty useful.

I should point out that only very basic functionality works right now, and the settings menu isn't yet functional. I've been unable to test it for RPM for 1.1, but once RPM gets updated, I imagine integration into that will work fairly straightforward. When I get closer to a more full functional 1.1 release, I'll start putting together a build + uploading it.

1 hour ago, kujuman said:

In addition to fixing compatibility, I've pulled a fork by @Ser a while back, so the HSI will work with Waypoints for stock contracts. I've not be able to test it yet, but it looks like it'll be pretty useful.

Hi, kujuman. Glad to see you still active :). My fork lets the HSI work not only with stock waypoints but also with WaypointManager's ones. The only thing left is to get rid of those navball waypoint markers to keep it fully realistic. Not sure if it works in RPM, couldn't check that because I hadn't an RPMed cockpit.

@kujuman I've also had an issue in 1.0.5 with NavUtils display conflicting with the display of Critical Temperature Gauge
Only one will display at a time; Cant have both showing at the same time. Also, no matter where I have NU located on the screen, as soon as I open Critical Temp, the NU display disappears. Clicking the NU toolbar button, reopens NU, and closes Crit. Temp, but NU is now located in the top center of the screen, right under the top KSP UI.

I have a doctors appt. this morning, but later today I can provide pics & logs if necessary.

Thanx :)

Edited by Stone Blue

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@kujuman I've also had an issue in 1.0.5 with NavUtils display conflicting with the display of Critical Temperature Gauge
Only one will display at a time; Cant have both showing at the same time. Also, no matter where I have NU located on the screen, as soon as I open Critical Temp, the NU display disappears. Clicking the NU toolbar button, reopens NU, and closes Crit. Temp, but NU is now located in the top center of the screen, right under the top KSP UI.

I have a doctors appt. this morning, but later today I can provide pics & logs if necessary.

Thanx :)

I know what causes the issue.

kujuman, you have the following code in DisplayHSI:

windowPosition = GUI.Window(1, windowPosition, OnWindow, "Horizontal Situation Indicator");

The author of the Temperature Gauge mod also uses 1 for one of his windows id. What happens is that the windows share the same id and thus only one can be displayed and handled at a time. That should be avoided because the ids are global for the UI windows, so the best way is selecting some long random number to minimize the probability to interfere with someone.

Edited by Ser

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.