About KSP's music...

As you probably know, all of the in-game music (excluding the main menu) is royalty-free music, which fits in quite well with the game, but might feel a bit "cheap" for a final release...

Do you think the Devs should hire a composer to work on some dedicated KSP music tracks, or do you think the current music is fine?

I see nothing wrong with using Kevin MacLeod's music in the final game. It is royalty-free, yes, but it's also excellent music, and has become ingrained in the minds of KSP players everywhere. When we hear those songs, we think of KSP.

I liked the music to begin with but now some of it just drives me insane, particularly the tracks that play in the VAB I find it very distracting and kind of annoying. On the other hand I love the music that plays when you get into orbit. I tried playing the game with the music switched off and that didn't feel right either so in the end I just modded it with Soundtrack Editor to use some classical tracks by composers like Strauss and Holst as well as some tracks from Alien and Apollo 13. That's just my personal preference not an opinion on the compositions the game includes.

If Squad want to spend money on music so be it but I think their resources would be better served for other stuff.

I just modded it with Soundtrack Editor to use some classical tracks by composers like Strauss and Holst as well as some tracks from Alien and Apollo 13. That's just my personal preference not an opinion on the compositions the game includes.

Oh God, I freakin' love Apollo 13. I'm totally stealing your idea.

Anyway, I think the music we have is fine, and I'm surprised it's royalty-free. Does that mean it's not composed for this game? Because one of the space tracks echoes the main theme of the game. I don't think the music is bad, I especially like some of the VAB tracks. I just wish there were more of them. The VAB has 3-4 tracks and space has 3-4 tracks, and they get old after a while. The style fits quite well though.

I'm fine with the current music.

What I'd like to see is a way to modify and add to the playlist, as well as change the currently playing track.

This. Right now I have music disabled in KSP so I can play my space soundtrack instead.

Sorry composers but almost the first thing I do with any new game is mute the music. I don't want it, I don't need it and the amount I play all that repetiton gets very grating.

The only exception to this in my collection of ~400 games is the excellent album by Daniel Indart (y los Corales) written for Tropico.

I'm not a fan of the music. The tracks are too short and cycling them gets repetitive and annoying very quickly. So, I turned the music off long ago. I think the best example of the perfect length track with random cycling is the original Starcraft. Years in you never got sick of the music.

Having said that, the sound replacer is there for anyone to update the soundtrack however they want. There's no need to fiddle with the music prior to full release.

I prefer the current music actually, it fits the game so well. While running a business the goal is to save money am I correct? Again I like the current music and i actually don't see it as cheap at all.

You can't technically prefer it versus something that you have no knowledge of, you can simply feel that it is fine the way it is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.