Huge Blue Horizon --- Theories about the 7th Planet

What, exactly, would moving Eeloo break? It would break intercept orbits, but would it actually break orbits around Eeloo? KSP seems to store all craft position data relative to the body it's orbiting, so it would seem like moving Eeloo would just move all craft orbiting around it to the new location. Anyone with PlanetFactory know if that's the case?

What, exactly, would moving Eeloo break? It would break intercept orbits, but would it actually break orbits around Eeloo? KSP seems to store all craft position data relative to the body it's orbiting, so it would seem like moving Eeloo would just move all craft orbiting around it to the new location. Anyone with PlanetFactory know if that's the case?

I thought something like that is the case but i thought about that too. And infact Eeloo's SOI is HUGE in comparison with its size and mass, and such a SOI doesnt make any Sense near a massive Gas Giant (Or Eeloo would have to be on a far away Orbit from GG2) , so if it would become a moon its SOI probably has to shrink and that would cause conflict with all crafts in that cut away zone.

GP2, and Eeloo being its moon, was Novasilisko's idea, and he's no longer a dev. He had a lot of ideas which were never implemented. Check out the pages for the Joolian moons on the wiki and this link for some of his ideas.

GP2 is never going to happen.

so? novas ideas are cool. like a huge mystery around the duna sstv involving gp2 or some other planet

Edited by megatiger78

So the FAQ stated that 0.24 wont break saves.

That means even if my Theroy is right, we probably won't see any new celestial body aka GP2 in this update. Lets hope for a save breaking 0.25 ;)

But feel free to continue posting how your personal GP2 should be/look like. So if they read this, we'll get a new planet most of the people are happy with ;)

For what it's worth, just because lots of those ideas were mentioned by Nova doesn't mean that we're doomed never to see them. He certainly doesn't have a monopoly on wanting to see the solar system expand, and he may have been speaking for the dev team when he mentioned the ideas he had. Besides, we all know what happens to ideas you have at work :rolleyes:.

My main hope for GG2 isn't a particular color, but a turbulent, changing atmosphere. It would be a nice change of pace from the relatively static green of Jool. As for the moons, I'd like a similar template to that of Jool: one moon that shows off a new mechanic (Laythe), one moon for the scenery (Vall), one moon for the challenge (Tylo), and lots of tiny moons to have fun hopping between. If there's a ring system, I'd like to be realistic: tough to fly through and with little moonlets on either side that give you great views.

The idea of expanding the System is not doomed, like you said, and one of the side-reasons(main was because of Eeloo-Movement-Theory) i started this thread is that the community can say how they imagine the NEXT Planet to come (besides if it comes before or after scope-com.), so Squad as the Team it is now without Nova, can see what the Community wants and try to make a new GP most People will be satisfied with. After all,IF it will be larger than Jool, what i hope,it will be THE Biggest Planet, probably finally with the most Moons, so it's kind of important.

My main hope for GG2 isn't a particular color, but a turbulent, changing atmosphere. It would be a nice change of pace from the relatively static green of Jool. As for the moons, I'd like a similar template to that of Jool: one moon that shows off a new mechanic (Laythe), one moon for the scenery (Vall), one moon for the challenge (Tylo), and lots of tiny moons to have fun hopping between. If there's a ring system, I'd like to be realistic: tough to fly through and with little moonlets on either side that give you great views.

That's a great Idea. Not like Jool, and not like Jupiter with endless stripes all around (or Satrun). I'd imagine some teared Clouds(So not forming Circles around the hole Planet) like the white Clouds on Neptune, but a lot more, so it looks really interesting (in blue, please) ;)

I made myself some thought's about the Moons too, i posted the hole system idea here, if you're interested( far down) : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/29807-Planet-Ideas-And-Names-For-The-Future-Of-Kerbal-Space-Program/page46

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.