[1.4] Routine Mission Manager [v032]

PrivateFlip

So i guess from the description on the first page and trying to fidget with the mod on a save (and reading some of the comments) that this won't work unless the ship starts from the launch pad?

I know you've talked about precision landings before briefly in comments, which would be nice, but with resource mining in the game, it might be nice to allow the mod to also do missions such as surface->station->surface, station->surface->station, as well as station A->station B->station A such as sending a ship from a Minmus station to a Kerbin station and back (or at least set up each one way trip)

I'm wondering the same things as FleetAdmiralJ does. As the descriptions in the first post are a bit vague about it.

Is a surface landing mission, from being docked to a orbiting station, to a specific area on Mun or Minmus and back possible?

This in regards to resource and possibly the IRSU mod.

Being able to 'automate' a mission to a 'defined' landing site on Minmus, marked by a resource scanning probe or a rover, that acts like a 'beacon' where in X meter radius the 'landed' craft would be placed on the surface.

Currently, do these automated missions show up in the tracking station btw? No need to be able to switch, but purely 'informational' so you get a visual overview as to where what is at the moment.

Yes, to clarify: it only supports missions which start on the launchpad and end docked in orbit of Kerbin an its moons. I've added this to the first post for clarification.

I've talked about precision landings on several occasions and also on all the other features you both describe. This was all part of the original mod I wanted to build, but the scope of it all led me to abandon this much more ambitious mod.

I would also readily agree the features you both mention are natural extensions of the current mod. Unfortunately though, although I still enjoy maintaining these mods for KSP, I just do not really have the drive and time to implement these features. So unless another mod comes along which goes for an all-round automated logistics mod, this is basically it.

Yes, to clarify: it only supports missions which start on the launchpad and end docked in orbit of Kerbin an its moons. I've added this to the first post for clarification.

I've talked about precision landings on several occasions and also on all the other features you both describe. This was all part of the original mod I wanted to build, but the scope of it all led me to abandon this much more ambitious mod.

I would also readily agree the features you both mention are natural extensions of the current mod. Unfortunately though, although I still enjoy maintaining these mods for KSP, I just do not really have the drive and time to implement these features. So unless another mod comes along which goes for an all-round automated logistics mod, this is basically it.

So it wouldn't really work then with the New Horizon planet pack? Since it moves Kerbin to be a moon of a new gas giant.

• 2 weeks later...

This is fricking brilliant, just like real resupply missions. Now it makes sense to have a station in orbit, I couldn't be bothered having to manually send stuff up all the time.

I'll create a ATV like ESA's full of TACLS and rocket parts, track it, and that's it!

You're getting some rep's for this one!

- - - Updated - - -

I guess this works with unnamed vehicles just as well?!? Hope so, dragon and ATV are automated spaceships that just carry stuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is fricking brilliant, just like real resupply missions. Now it makes sense to have a station in orbit, I couldn't be bothered having to manually send stuff up all the time.

I'll create a ATV like ESA's full of TACLS and rocket parts, track it, and that's it!

You're getting some rep's for this one!

- - - Updated - - -

I guess this works with unnamed vehicles just as well?!? Hope so, dragon and ATV are automated spaceships that just carry stuff

Glad you liked the mod! Unmanned vehicles should work as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a way to add the tourist missions to suborbit or orbit to the mod? That would help big time with the grinding in early career. And thx for still supporting the mod!

As soon as you get docking ports, you can complete tourist missions by adding the tourist as passengers on a flight which drops by a station in orbit. In early career docking ports are of course not available. The payoff of these contracts is very poor IMHO and barely makes up for the flight itself. It only start paying if you have a reusable system and by that time you probably have docking ports as well, so this would not be a priority for me.

This mods looks awesome, I just read the entire thread and I so many people are asking about mining stuff and mission from a station to a mining spot and back ... and this is not possible.

But I am wondering if I can record a quite different mission that could bring ore to my orbiting ISRU :

- Take off from Kerbin.

- Land on Minmus/Mun, mine some ore.

- Take off from Minmus/Mun, head to the station.

- Dock, transfer the ore from my ship to the station.

- Undock and return to Kerbin.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Nori']So it wouldn't really work then with the New Horizon planet pack? Since it moves Kerbin to be a moon of a new gas giant.[/QUOTE]

I second that question. I'm trying to set up a resupply station for my interplanetary craft, but for some reason even though I managed to record a mission, I cannot execute it again. The supply ship accepts the mission, but once ETA passes (I warp time in Tracking Station), nothing changes, I receive no notification and ships remain in their respective orbits. I can switch to supply craft and when I open RMM window I see "Maybe later" in ETA field:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ZAWkNYY.png[/img]

Is it due to my game running on New Horizons? I hoped missions within Kerbin SoI would remain unaffected...

Hi everyone,

I too have the issue that I don't get a button in the toolbar. I deleted the Docking Port Alignment Indicator, but it still doesn't work.
Berlin, I don't know if that error is 1.0.5-related, but it obviously already occurred to others when 1.0.5 wasn't even out yet. Why don't you check it out and post the outcome here?
PrivateFlip: I can toggle the docking port in the VAB to be the mission port, however the rm2-button is not in the toolbar when I load the vessel onto the launch pad and I also don't get the "Track Mission" option in the right-click menu when I click the docking port. During the loading procedure, this warning shows up in the log file:

[QUOTE][WRN 21:26:20.246] [Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at dockingPort2, index 2.
Node 'ModuleDockingNodeNamed' found in loaded data, but 'RMMModule' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleDockingNodeNamed in other indices...
[WRN 21:26:20.247] ...no ModuleDockingNodeNamed module found on part definition. Skipping...[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can get some information from this. I also searched for any other warnings or exceptions concerning Routine Mission Manager or the RMMModule in the log file, but anything else seems to load just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2015, 2:37:22, PrivateFlip said:

Is there anything preventing you from enabling docking ports to be the origins of missions?

Also, what's stopping this from working with spaceplanes?

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2015, 15:57:02, Berlin said:

Can anyone confirm that this works with 1.0.5?

It's odd.  The 1.0.4 compatible binary does not work.   However, I took the source from that package, re-build it using the 1.0.5 references and it works fine.

I've attached the re-built dll here if anyone wants to try it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eewpe8hiwaxwef1/CommercialOfferings.dll?dl=0

Beware that I've only built and tested this on Linux and I've only done rudimentary testing. I'd suggest that you test it thoroughly yourself before trusting your savefile to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2016 at 9:55 PM, John FX said:

Will this mod be rehosted on Spacedock so that it will work again with CKAN now that Kerbalstuff is no more?

I just registered on Spacedock, but apparently it takes a while to complete the process. Hope to upload my mod there today or in the coming week.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much PrivateFlip! I paused playing KSP because your MOD was essential to my style of playing where i did not upgrade the Launch Pad to Level 3 because i did not want to launch Rockets larger than 160 tons. So i need your Routine Missions :-)

8vNtbhT.pngQuick question, is this a bug regarding how it tracks missions? There's a lot of empty folders in here, and only a few have files in them. I'm guessing it's tracking my launches via this folder system.Will it ever delete these files? Seems a bit messy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.