[1.4] Routine Mission Manager [v032]

PrivateFlip

Routine Mission Manager

This mod allows a player to track flights to vessels and station in orbit of Kerbin and it's moons.

After completion of the original flight, repeat flights can be ordered at stations and vessels in orbit.

These flight will happen in the background, cost money and will take time to complete. After completion the mission vehicle will be found docked on the station or vessel.

The mission vehicle can also be ordered to automatically return to Kerbin.

(Only missions which start at KSP and end with a docking event in orbit of Kerbin or its moons are supported.)

Kerbal Space Dock

Kerbal CurseForge

source code part of zip (github https://github.com/PrivateFlip/RoutineMissionManager)

Manual

There is an in game manual detailing the operation of the mod. When placing a vessel on the launch pad or runway or viewing a vessel in orbit around Kerbal, Mun and Minmus the 'rmm' button will appear in the ksp button bar. This button will open the routine mission manager menu which will contain a 'Manual' option.

The mod is operational for Kerbin and it's moons. This can however be changed by altering the AllowedBodies.txt and HomeBodies.txt files of the mod, especially relevant for those using planet mods.

An AllowedBodies.txt and HomeBodies.txt file are present in the RoutineMissionManager folder in GameData. Both can be edited to edit and change the allowed bodies and the home bodies the mod works with. Planetary body names are case sensitive. Each planetary body should be placed on a new line in the file. Allowed bodies defines the planetary bodies can have their orbit be a destination for repeat missions handled by the mod. A home body defines the planetary bodies which from which launches can occur and to which missions can return to. (All basic functionality should function with multiple home bodies, but the mod logic is geared towards a single home body and could display somewhat weird behaviour from a game play point of view.)

-------------

Written by PrivateFlip for the KSP community

Commercial Offerings is released under a modified BSD license. See source code for license text.

This mod makes use of Module Manager, made by ialdabaoth. Currently Module Manager is being maintained by sarbian (KSP forum link)

ialdabaoth has stated the following: "Plugin developers and other modders have my explicit permission to redistribute this dll with their own works, so long as you give credit to me and provide a URL back to this forum post." ialdabaoth forum post for Module Manager on the KSP forum can be reached with the following URL:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/31342-0-20-ModuleManager-1-3-for-all-your-stock-modding-needs

Special thanks to sarbian. Besides maintaining the extremely useful Module Manager, sarbian's Kerbal Crew Manifest showed me all steps related to the basic crew handling.

Special thanks to NavyFish's whose Docking Port Alignment Indicator showed how to calculate the angle I needed to rotate the docking port of the arriving vessel towards the destination vessel.

Edited by PrivateFlip

What is the MKSL part? Because I tried using the Koeing craft and when I loaded the station it kept saying that it was missing that part.

Sorry for that one, that's a test part I used for making a logistics module I made for Modular Kolonization System. The part is visually indistinguishable from a standard fuel tank, which is how it ended up on this ship. It should be corrected in the current download.

Thank you for reporting this!

Will a actual craft come and dock with the station? If so - This will one of my main mods

Yip, that's the main goal. After you order a mission, you will find a physical craft docked to your station when you return to it after it's travel time. This craft will be fully usable like any other vessel.

• 3 months later...

Is there a plan to assign a cost to resupply launches? The resupply mission itself could cost the spacecraft's value (perhaps plus a little overhead for buying convenience), and it would be really cool if there were a way to make Strategies involving commercial contracts -- "Investment in Commercial Space" could increase the overhead but give you a reputation boost for each contract you purchase (with more reputation the higher the overhead is, of course), for example.

This could also interact in very interesting ways with mods like Kerbal Construction Time -- instead of spending time assembling and launching a resupply mission, and then having to recondition the pad afterwards before doing it all again for the big science mission, one could contract out the resupply missions and focus KSC's assembly and launch time on research missions (just like NASA is hoping to do now).

Also, it's great that you made a way for modders to make their own resupply missions. This could be handy for e.g. people using ORSX, TAC-LS, and other such mods to ship water and life-support needs to colonies which are still starting up.

Is there a plan to assign a cost to resupply launches? The resupply mission itself could cost the spacecraft's value (perhaps plus a little overhead for buying convenience), and it would be really cool if there were a way to make Strategies involving commercial contracts -- "Investment in Commercial Space" could increase the overhead but give you a reputation boost for each contract you purchase (with more reputation the higher the overhead is, of course), for example.

This could also interact in very interesting ways with mods like Kerbal Construction Time -- instead of spending time assembling and launching a resupply mission, and then having to recondition the pad afterwards before doing it all again for the big science mission, one could contract out the resupply missions and focus KSC's assembly and launch time on research missions (just like NASA is hoping to do now).

Also, it's great that you made a way for modders to make their own resupply missions. This could be handy for e.g. people using ORSX, TAC-LS, and other such mods to ship water and life-support needs to colonies which are still starting up.

This is just a demo version. There will be a cost to resupply launches. I've just picked up this mod again a few days ago and it's nearing completion. I hope to have a bare-bone be stable version by the end of the week. In addition I've added to not so small feature of being able to track you own flight as you do a supply mission. This mission will then show up as a mission you can order.

Basically you would start your antares/cygnus on the launchpad and mark it as a mission which needs to be tracked. You would then fly it to the station, dock, and deliver supplies, undock and set the cygnus to crash on kerbin.

After doing so you could order this mission at any the station or vessel in orbit. It's price would be deducted and it would arrive, taking into account your mission time, at the station, with the same supplies you arrived with. After taking the supplies of the craft you could then order it to return (or take it for a spin), assuming it has at least the same amount of fuel you used to return. The mod also works with craft holding crew which can safely return, assuming you did so at well.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I get the idea here.. Same as DavonSupply except instead of the hub and a mystical supply ship you never see, your own created supply ship will appear docked to your station. Pretty close considering constraints to the suggestions. I reckon I'll try this out soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Could you use this to to simulate mining runs for other mods? For instance, I've build an interplanetary ship and am using the Karbonite mod. The IPV has a lander with karbonite drills and a karbonite tank. Could I use this mod to simulate launching the lander to a specific "karbonite hotspot", mining, then returning to the IPV with a tank full of Karbonite? If so, it would take some of the tedium out of refueling my IPV during it's voyage. Obviously I'd have to "build" a new mission track for each planet/moon I visit, but that's still better then having to make the same mining run 20 times (especially as I have to deal with excessive physics lag due to the modest part count on my IPV).

A 0.90 version is now available. Made a lot of improvements on all fronts:

-toolbar support

-mission can be automaticly repeated

-return missions can be executed in a more versatile manner than the previous version

The most time was spend on making a great number of improvements to the tracking and complicated hyperediting and other transactions which take place under the hood.

I want to do some more testing before I'll call it a beta and make a release thread, but it's pretty stable overall.

EDIT: beta is here, have requested mod to move this thread to Add-on Releases.

Edited by PrivateFlip

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.