[1.4] Routine Mission Manager [v032]

PrivateFlip

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have to start this from the launch pad, or can you start from a parking orbit? My video card is down right now, so I can't test it out, but I need to take a large number of Kerbals to a Minmus orbital station, but the launch vehicle is expensive, so I don't want to lose my stage recovery on launch.

i am very curious, would there be a possibility in the future of being able to track flights from docking port to docking port within Kerbin SOI, or will it always be kerbin ground - docking port? Reason for the question is obvious, love your mod and naturally want to do more with it. :)

also sorry if this has already been covered, i've just blazed onto this last page without reading any previous posts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i am very curious, would there be a possibility in the future of being able to track flights from docking port to docking port within Kerbin SOI, or will it always be kerbin ground - docking port? Reason for the question is obvious, love your mod and naturally want to do more with it. :)

also sorry if this has already been covered, i've just blazed onto this last page without reading any previous posts

I'm completely with you on this one (in theory). That's part of what I originally set my aims for, but soon after starting it was clear the scope of that mod was too big for me to tackle, so I abandoned it altogether. At a later point I scrapped together some parts of that old project and set out for much humbler goal, which is the what you see here right now. In all honesty I don't think I will add the feature you mention. There is at least one modder who has shown interest in creating such a mod/extension, but I don't know what the status of it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa. Just found this, as usual, great work Flip :V

You're welcome!

I'm completely with you on this one (in theory). That's part of what I originally set my aims for, but soon after starting it was clear the scope of that mod was too big for me to tackle, so I abandoned it altogether. At a later point I scrapped together some parts of that old project and set out for much humbler goal, which is the what you see here right now. In all honesty I don't think I will add the feature you mention. There is at least one modder who has shown interest in creating such a mod/extension, but I don't know what the status of it is.

Oh well, easy come, easy go. Thank you though, for an already awesome mod that has increased my ksp experience. :)

Does this mod work for delivering supplies to ground bases that use KAS for docking? Can it record a mission that involves landing on the surface?

I don't see why it couldn't handle landed rendesvous. I am much less sure about KAS flextube -type docking, but I'd guess maybe, if done right.

Does this mod work for delivering supplies to ground bases that use KAS for docking? Can it record a mission that involves landing on the surface?
I don't see why it couldn't handle landed rendesvous. I am much less sure about KAS flextube -type docking, but I'd guess maybe, if done right.

Landing on the surface can be part of the mission, i guess, but dockings must be orbital so there is not much point.

- - - Updated - - -

Update

-mod now distinguishes between required resources for return and cargo, allowing players to return varying amounts of non propellant resources.

This makes it more easy for players to for instance return mined resources to Kerbin an be paid for it, without the resource amount on the original mission being a required resource for the return mission. The cargo weight returned on the original mission will however represent the maximum cargo weight which will be refunded during an automated return.

-made another blind fix for the bug experienced by a number of users.

Edited by PrivateFlip

Well as long as it can land in the same place each time, I can always connect it through an EVA. It would be nice to have automatic KAS support though.

What I meant by being able to land as part of the mission was that wouldn't end/or complicate the mission. Landing is not an endpoint to a mission, only docking with something in orbit is. So what you want to do won't work.

Just out of curiosity, why does the docking have to be in orbit? I've designed land bases with docking ports at standardized heights so I can have a lander/rover with a docking port at the same height. Then I can land and roll over to dock. Any reason your mod couldn't spawn the lander/rover attached to the docking port on a base?

Actually, I was asking PrivateFlip why the mod had that limitation. I could care less about how you attach stuff to your bases. ;-)

Admittedly, KAS is probably a better way to do it (I've just started using KAS, so I'm still learning what it can do), but if using a docking port will allow automated resupply runs, it might make sense to do that just for them.

Can this mod handle ship teardown by EPL recycle bins? I have a supply mission for my orbital shipyard with RocketParts, fuel, food, etc. Can i make a return mission that will make my supply ship approach a recycle bin on my shipyard and be disassembled in more RocketParts, or i'll have to recycle the ship by myself?

I've found a bug. When I ordered RM supply to my shipyard, I have got not only funds subtracted, but also got my Science and Reputation lowered (Science got to -171 from about 193). The amount of subtracted science and rep seems to be roughly equal to my strategies (for Science, that's 5% commitment, so for my supply ship which costs 255K it goes like 255000*5%/35=364, that's the amount of science I got lost), so maybe there's where the bug is lying.

KSP 0.90 x86, RMM 009, I can list my whole GameData if this will help.

P.S. Sorry if my English is bad - I'm from Russia.

Edited by Cheetah
small fix

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.