[1.4] Routine Mission Manager [v032]

PrivateFlip

On 3/22/2016 at 8:10 PM, MoppeW40k said:

Thank you so much PrivateFlip! I paused playing KSP because your MOD was essential to my style of playing where i did not upgrade the Launch Pad to Level 3 because i did not want to launch Rockets larger than 160 tons. So i need your Routine Missions :-)

Glad to hear you're making good use of it!

On 3/23/2016 at 2:15 AM, sardia said:

Can you upgrade/edit the rocket you set for routine launch? Like I want to remove some LFO and replace it with LF only. Or do I have to delete the mission, and start another one?

Nope, for every mission you have to start another one. Just for clarity: it is not required to delete the "LFO" mission, you can keep it if you have use for both in the future.

On 3/28/2016 at 2:53 AM, sardia said:

8vNtbhT.pngQuick question, is this a bug regarding how it tracks missions? There's a lot of empty folders in here, and only a few have files in them. I'm guessing it's tracking my launches via this folder system.Will it ever delete these files? Seems a bit messy.

:D 

It is indeed messy, but this is how this mod deals with keeping track of tracked mission between saves and reloads. There is of course a way to store the relevant data along within the game's own save file, which would have been more elegant, but this was the least labor intensive option at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for letting me know that 1.1 is available; I'm not so active on the forums for some time, so it would could have taken a couple weeks to find out if I do not get some mails in my inbox informing me someone posted to this thread. This weekend I'm busy with a deadline at work for next week, but next weekend I should have some time to update my mods.

Update

-adapted for 1.1.2 version.

The under the hood logic was again unaffected by the upgrade, however I did spend several hours time on getting the GUI working with the new version which saw some changes in this area. A detailed post by Sarbian greatly helped in implementing the new UI setup. The new GUI logic did force me to find and solve what ended up being an older bug for which my past self apparently had made a quickfix at the time which did not longer hold up in the new situation. 

Although I did considerable testing, due to the above I did not have the time this weekend to check every possible scenario. However the new KSP version itself had never broken any part of the mod during previous upgrades and I have no indication this time is any different nor did the testing which I did not show any issues.

14 minutes ago, PrivateFlip said:

Update

-adapted for 1.1.2 version.

The under the hood logic was again unaffected by the upgrade, however I did spend several hours time on getting the GUI working with the new version which saw some changes in this area. A detailed post by Sarbian greatly helped in implementing the new UI setup. The new GUI logic did force me to find and solve what ended up being an older bug for which my past self apparently had made a quickfix at the time which did not longer hold up in the new situation. 

Although I did considerable testing, due to the above I did not have the time this weekend to check every possible scenario. However the new KSP version itself had never broken any part of the mod during previous upgrades and I have no indication this time is any different nor did the testing which I did not show any issues.

Would it be possible to update the CKAN metadata for this mod to reflect this forum thread instead of the Spacedock link?

Also, the OP in this thread still has the KerbalStuff link, alongside the Spacedock link?

13 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

Would it be possible to update the CKAN metadata for this mod to reflect this forum thread instead of the Spacedock link?

Also, the OP in this thread still has the KerbalStuff link, alongside the Spacedock link?

Removed the KerbalStuff link, thanks for reporting this.

I also changed CKAN metadata to refer to this thread like you suggest

Edited by PrivateFlip

I absolutely love this mod, but I have an issue:

I tracked a refueling mission to my refueling station (which is built with HX parts from B9, so refueling takes a while and I didn't want to manually launch 100 rockets or so). Refueling outpost and refueling craft screenshot

After that, I registered a docking port and ordered a refueling mission, and switched to a rover I had lying around on Kerbin for more timewarp.

I switched back after some time, and the game immediately switched to map view. Pressing 'm' didn't get me out of it. The RMM toolbar icon was gone. Checking the debug console, I found the console was spammed with this exception:

[EXC 16:10:26.484] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.handleContracts (.Vessel ves, Boolean arrive, Boolean depart)
	CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.dockStage4 ()
	CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.handleArrivalCompletion ()
	CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.OnFixedUpdate ()
	Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate ()
	Part.FixedUpdate ()

Switching to another vessel (which was within rendering distance of the station) gave the same 'map view-only' bug. Switching to a vessel around the Mun, no problem at all.

And switching back to my refueling station again: the exact same thing, including the exception.

output_log.txt was filled with this:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.handleContracts (.Vessel ves, Boolean arrive, Boolean depart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.dockStage4 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.handleArrivalCompletion () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

You can download the full KSP.log, output_log.txt and the two .craft files here (don't mind the Trajectories errors, that problem already existed before installing this).

What went wrong and what can I do on my end to prevent it from happening?

Edited by ExtremeTrader

13 hours ago, sardia said:

Does that bug come up often? Like modbreaking?

I don't know, it was the first time I used that mod. I might try to reproduce it in an unmodded game and/or in a game with only the mods I used for the vessels. I'm not sure if I have the time to do that, though.

Edited by ExtremeTrader

I'm using a refuelling ship with modular fuel tanks & talisar spherical tanks set to contain rocket parts. The mission goes well and arrives fine but instead of 45k-ish rocketparts it has like 2 :/

It seems to only affect rocket parts; though it may or may not be because of modular fuel tanks ?

Would giving you the mission folder be any help ?

And in any case, thanks for this super duper mod :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @PrivateFlip - awesome mod, thanks so much!  I play KSP on Mac, and I've noticed an error in my KSP log file:

[EXC 20:30:14.950] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/MattPicio/Documents/@KSP/KSP_osx_Main/KSP.app/GameData/RoutineMissionManager/AllowedBodies.txt".

I think it's related to the function on line 42, line 75, or line 209 of general.cs - I troubleshoot code but don't write it, so take that with a grain of salt, but it looks like when you're grabbing the path it's returning the .app file as part of the GamePath instead of the parent directory, even though you're specifying "GetParent".  For the most part, it's just log spam, but after several dozen instances, my game crashed right at the point where the error would have been written to the log again.

I can provide the entire log file if you need it.  The part that keeps repeating in the log before the crash is:

System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path)
    System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
    System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path)
    System.IO.File.OpenText (System.String path)
    System.IO.File.ReadAllLines (System.String path)
    CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.bodyAllowed ()
    CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.setModule ()
    Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 20:29:02.826] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/MattPicio/Documents/@KSP/KSP_osx_Main/KSP.app/GameData/RoutineMissionManager/AllowedBodies.txt".

On 08/05/2016 at 8:51 PM, Benji said:

I read on the first page about only working in kerbin, mun and minimus orbits. What about RSS?

This is what I have come to ask about also. I would really like to use this to fill up an orbiting refuel station in a career game with funds being withdrawn on a regular basis.

Will this mod allow that if I don`t move out of Earth SOI?

On 5/6/2016 at 11:32 AM, ExtremeTrader said:

I tracked a refueling mission to my refueling station (which is built with HX parts from B9, so refueling takes a while and I didn't want to manually launch 100 rockets or so). Refueling outpost and refueling craft screenshot

After that, I registered a docking port and ordered a refueling mission, and switched to a rover I had lying around on Kerbin for more timewarp.

I switched back after some time, and the game immediately switched to map view. Pressing 'm' didn't get me out of it. The RMM toolbar icon was gone. Checking the debug console, I found the console was spammed with this exception:

[EXC 16:10:26.484] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.handleContracts (.Vessel ves, Boolean arrive, Boolean depart)
	Part.FixedUpdate ()

Switching to another vessel (which was within rendering distance of the station) gave the same 'map view-only' bug. Switching to a vessel around the Mun, no problem at all.

And switching back to my refueling station again: the exact same thing, including the exception.

at CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.handleContracts (.Vessel ves, Boolean arrive, Boolean depart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.dockStage4 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.handleArrivalCompletion () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

You can download the full KSP.log, output_log.txt and the two .craft files here (don't mind the Trajectories errors, that problem already existed before installing this).

I have this exact same problem. It is save game breaking. It was my first attempt at using RMM - the fault could lie with me.

On 5/19/2016 at 5:49 AM, panarchist said:

Hi @PrivateFlip - awesome mod, thanks so much!  I play KSP on Mac, and I've noticed an error in my KSP log file:

[EXC 20:30:14.950] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/MattPicio/Documents/@KSP/KSP_osx_Main/KSP.app/GameData/RoutineMissionManager/AllowedBodies.txt".

I think it's related to the function on line 42, line 75, or line 209 of general.cs - I troubleshoot code but don't write it, so take that with a grain of salt, but it looks like when you're grabbing the path it's returning the .app file as part of the GamePath instead of the parent directory, even though you're specifying "GetParent".  For the most part, it's just log spam, but after several dozen instances, my game crashed right at the point where the error would have been written to the log again.

I can provide the entire log file if you need it.  The part that keeps repeating in the log before the crash is:

System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path)
    System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
    System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path)
    System.IO.File.OpenText (System.String path)
    System.IO.File.ReadAllLines (System.String path)
    CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.bodyAllowed ()
    CommercialOfferings.RMMModule.setModule ()
    Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 20:29:02.826] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/MattPicio/Documents/@KSP/KSP_osx_Main/KSP.app/GameData/RoutineMissionManager/AllowedBodies.txt".

Hi @panarchist, will look into this. In don't have a mac myself; what would be the correct part to the "RoutineMissionManager" folder?

On 5/6/2016 at 5:32 PM, ExtremeTrader said:

Part.FixedUpdate ()

Hi @ExtremeTrader,

Thanks for the log it makes this much easier. During the docking, the mod switches the player to map mode, to hide from the player the copy paste action which is taking place. During the last phase I apparently try to access an object which is not filled causing an error which is causing the phase to fail, after which it tries once more which keeps you stuck in map view. What is causing the null reference error i don not know, all I can do for know is build in some checks to prevent this. Do you still have the save file? If so I might be able to puzzle together exactly what is causing the error.

On 5/23/2016 at 8:41 PM, MulDoom said:

I have this exact same problem. It is save game breaking. It was my first attempt at using RMM - the fault could lie with me.

Hello @MulDoom,

This fault does not lie with you, when you install a mod it should not break your save. My sincere apologies.

To restore your save you can open the save file in your favourite text editor and then look for the string "RMMModule". This will find you a MODULE section like so:

MODULE
				{
					name = RMMModule
					isEnabled = True
					trackingActive = False
					trackingPrimary = False
					trackID = 
					trackPartCount = 0
					returnMission = False
					returnMissionDeparted = False
					trackFolderName = 
					trackName = 
					trackCompanyName = 
					trackVehicleName = 
					trackLaunchSystemName = 
					trackPrice = 0
					trackVehicleReturnFee = 0
					trackMissionStartTime = 0
					trackMissionTime = 0
					trackBody = 
					trackMaxOrbitAltitude = 0
					trackDescription = 
					trackMinimumCrew = 0
					trackMaximumCrew = 0
					trackReturnEnabled = False
					trackSafeReturn = False
					trackReturnResources = 
					trackReturnCargoMass = 0
					trackPort = 0
					trackDockingDistance = 0.15
					missionUnderway = False
					missionFolderName = /GameData\RoutineMissionManager\Missions\2326041
					missionArrivalTime = 112006
					missionCrewCount = 2
					missionRepeat = False
					missionRepeatDelay = 0
					missionPreferedCrew = 

Within the MODULE section you will find a variable "missionUnderway". Whenever such a variable is set to "True" set it to "False" and save the file. There are going to be multiple of these modules throughout the file, so you will have to check each one and change them if nessecary. This will, in all likeliness, make your file playable again. 

If you're able, could you send me the corrupted file. This might allow me to find the actual problem.

EDIT: I believe I mat have found the issue. Where both of you maybe playing in Science or Sandbox mode?

EDIT2: version 018 fixes a bug in which leads to the exact same error in Science and Sandbox mode.

Edited by PrivateFlip
update on research

1 hour ago, PrivateFlip said:

Hi @ExtremeTrader,

Thanks for the log it makes this much easier. During the docking, the mod switches the player to map mode, to hide from the player the copy paste action which is taking place. During the last phase I apparently try to access an object which is not filled causing an error which is causing the phase to fail, after which it tries once more which keeps you stuck in map view. What is causing the null reference error i don not know, all I can do for know is build in some checks to prevent this. Do you still have the save file? If so I might be able to puzzle together exactly what is causing the error.

I don't think I still have it, but I'll take a look.

EDIT: I believe I mat have found the issue. Where both of you maybe playing in Science or Sandbox mode?

EDIT2: version 018 fixes a bug in which leads to the exact same error in Science and Sandbox mode.

Yes, I was indeed playing in Sandbox mode. Is it a problem with the mod trying to subtract money? That's the only thing I can think of that might cause errors...

11 minutes ago, ExtremeTrader said:

I don't think I still have it, but I'll take a look.

Yes, I was indeed playing in Sandbox mode. Is it a problem with the mod trying to subtract money? That's the only thing I can think of that might cause errors...

It was actually a problem with the mod trying to access the contract system itself, which of course does not exist in those modes. (If this turns out fixing things, there is no need for the save.)

On 5/28/2016 at 7:04 AM, PrivateFlip said:

Hi @panarchist, will look into this. In don't have a mac myself; what would be the correct part to the "RoutineMissionManager" folder?

Hi @PrivateFlip, it's still /GameData/RoutineMissionManager,  but the path should be [installdirectory]/GameData/RoutineMissionManager, and what it's actually currently pointing to is [installdirectory]/KSP.app/GameData/RoutineMissionManager.  KSP.app is the equivalent to KSP.exe, so the root being used is one level too low.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.