[1.4] Routine Mission Manager [v032]

PrivateFlip

Just to give you a quick feedback. I tested the mod on 1.2 and it works great! Will definitly become one of my standard mods for big savefiles!

A small question/request though, would it be possible to be able to change the craft file afterwards? Say you have a Launcher capable of launching 100 tons to orbit and dock. The payload is contained in a fairing. If i want to change the payload i would change the ship. It would be awesome if you could fly the craft once with the maximum payload and from there on as long as the payload has less or equal mass (without reducing fuel or thrust) the ship would count as the same and allow you to send different payloads with one testflight.

A very fine mod :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2016 at 5:56 AM, Gotbread said:

Just to give you a quick feedback. I tested the mod on 1.2 and it works great! Will definitly become one of my standard mods for big savefiles!

A small question/request though, would it be possible to be able to change the craft file afterwards? Say you have a Launcher capable of launching 100 tons to orbit and dock. The payload is contained in a fairing. If i want to change the payload i would change the ship. It would be awesome if you could fly the craft once with the maximum payload and from there on as long as the payload has less or equal mass (without reducing fuel or thrust) the ship would count as the same and allow you to send different payloads with one testflight.

That could be cool. Would allow for building standardised launch vehicles with known payload capacity to orbit, for instance.

(I know this can be done with sub-assemblies in the VAB, but it's not really user-friendly)

It'd be good if this could be compatible with FMRS as well.

On 11/22/2016 at 7:56 PM, Gotbread said:

Thank you for testing the mod! Glad you liked it!

As to the suggested feature. I really like the idea, it makes a lot of sense. However at the moment I do not expect to make large feature additions to my mods. With a full time job, which is also programming, there just isn't a lot of juice left in me to spend a couple of weekends coding and testing new features. I wish that things were different, but that's the gist of it. 

------

Update:

-support for tourism contracts is again implemented.

On 3.12.2016 at 2:07 PM, DavidHunter said:

That could be cool. Would allow for building standardised launch vehicles with known payload capacity to orbit, for instance.

(I know this can be done with sub-assemblies in the VAB, but it's not really user-friendly)

So you mean you can already do this "trick" ? Does it work with this mod? So i just have to place my payload on the launcher stored in a subassembly and the mod will recognize it?

On 11/20/2016 at 3:54 AM, PrivateFlip said:

Hi funkcanna, trick is the ship won't arrive if you stick around the station. If you switch to another ship and come back later the ship should have spammed at your station.

Does swapping back to KSC work, or does it have to be another ship?

I tried two missions, both of which deducted the cost and then never showed up.  Although I was switching back to KSC, waiting the appropriate time, and then re-visiting the destination only to still find no ship had appeared.

On 12/6/2016 at 10:49 AM, tsaven said:

Does swapping back to KSC work, or does it have to be another ship?

I tried two missions, both of which deducted the cost and then never showed up.  Although I was switching back to KSC, waiting the appropriate time, and then re-visiting the destination only to still find no ship had appeared.

Both should work. Is the ordered mission still shown as due in the dialog? This would be indicated by there still being any kind of arrival time message being shown, which could be either a time or a text.

There are a couple of reasons flight could be cancelled, the most prominent being there are not enough kerbals to man the mission, the destination has moved to a too high orbit in the mean time. In both cases a message should be shown when revisiting the station after the arrival time. 

Edited by PrivateFlip

On 12/10/2016 at 0:28 AM, PrivateFlip said:

Both should work. Is the ordered mission still shown as due in the dialog? This would be indicated by there still being any kind of arrival time message being shown, which could be either a time or a text.

There are a couple of reasons flight could be cancelled, the most prominent being there are not enough kerbals to man the mission, the destination has moved to a too high orbit in the mean time. In both cases a message should be shown when revisiting the station after the arrival time. 

Here's a screenshot of what I see, after going back to KSC and waiting the appropriate amount of time.  Nothing shows up, docked or in the vicinity, although it has taken away the appropriate funds.  It's an unmanned mission, just a probe core and a bunch of LF tanks.

vlAerbz.png

Great mod! I was wondering about the tourism feature. I have been trying to get this mod to work with tourism contracts, but the Kerbals don't get marked as recovered. Is that a limitation? Should I be recovering them myself?

On 12/16/2016 at 2:16 AM, tsaven said:

Here's a screenshot of what I see, after going back to KSC and waiting the appropriate amount of time.  Nothing shows up, docked or in the vicinity, although it has taken away the appropriate funds.  It's an unmanned mission, just a probe core and a bunch of LF tanks.

vlAerbz.png

Having this same issue. Had an ETA, came back and it was blank. Prior to that, two Kerbals were killed and no ship showed up.

3 hours ago, blnk2007 said:

Having this same issue. Had an ETA, came back and it was blank. Prior to that, two Kerbals were killed and no ship showed up.

Bummer.  I wonder if there's any log files record this kind of information?  I can imagine it would be really difficult to troubleshoot from the developers end without some solid data.

Edited by tsaven

6 hours ago, tsaven said:

Bummer.  I wonder if there's any log files record this kind of information?  I can imagine it would be really difficult to troubleshoot from the developers end without some solid data.

No doubt, wish I could send my log right now. Not sure if I saved it. In the middle of moving.

Edited by blnk2007

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2016 at 3:44 AM, blnk2007 said:

On 12/16/2016 at 8:16 AM, tsaven said:

Apparently there are some problems with the mod. Have done some testing to see if everything still works.

-Tourism is indeed broken in latest version. I have disalbled it for now again, it could give a blocking error.

-The main functionality seemed to work, also when using the previous version in 1.2.2. I've also tried some unmanned missions to see if they give issues, but this is not the case, so I cannot reproduce the issues you are having.

@ blnk2007: the link to your log no longer works.

Updated

-disabled tourism again, the functionality gives errors which for the moment has not been solved.
-updated for 1.2.2

1 hour ago, PrivateFlip said:

Apparently there are some problems with the mod. Have done some testing to see if everything still works.

-Tourism is indeed broken in latest version. I have disalbled it for now again, it could give a blocking error.

-The main functionality seemed to work, also when using the previous version in 1.2.2. I've also tried some unmanned missions to see if they give issues, but this is not the case, so I cannot reproduce the issues you are having.

Updated

-disabled tourism again, the functionality gives errors which for the moment has not been solved.
-updated for 1.2.2

I'll get it up first chance I get, but it might be a while.

3 hours ago, PrivateFlip said:

Updated

-updated for 1.2.2

Thanks for the new version. If it still doesn't work for me, are there any specific log files that you or I could look at to see why? Maybe it's a conflict with another mod?

On 12/31/2016 at 9:48 PM, tsaven said:

Thanks for the new version. If it still doesn't work for me, are there any specific log files that you or I could look at to see why? Maybe it's a conflict with another mod?

Could be, it's working fine for me. You do seem to have a lot looking at your screenshot. Could you resend the log you posted earlier, the link is broken.

Edited by PrivateFlip

27 minutes ago, PrivateFlip said:

Could be, could you send me the log is your previous post, maybe it tells me something. the link seems to be broken currently.

I hadn't posted a log, but I certainly can.  Which one do you need?

20 minutes ago, tsaven said:

I hadn't posted a log, but I certainly can.  Which one do you need?

Hi tsaven,

blnk2007 put up a log, mixed the two of you up. You could send the both KSP.log and Output_log.txt  just after the first time you switched to the station after the arrival time passed, but the ship doesn't appear.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/23/2017 at 6:00 AM, ExavierMacbeth said:

Quick Question. Is this mod limited to Orbit only? Or can it be used to dock with a docking port style landing pad for a Minmus surface base?

Been trying to find a way to run background supply/delivery missions to my USI MKS base lol

Jip, orbit only.

Update:

-reimplemented support for tourist missions

I run into the same issue with nothing showing up after spending the money and waiting anywhere.  I'll start going through my mods and finding the culprit since base game doesn't have this problem. 

Great mod btw it is definitely on my must have mods for ease of moving things around, once i figure out which mod I'll let you know.

@PrivateFlip

On 12.4.2017 at 9:11 PM, PrivateFlip said:

-reimplemented support for tourist missions

Means if I record a mission to and from my spacestation and then use this to transport tourists up and down it'll work and I can use it to do do those ferry x tourists to orbit contracts?!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.