PrivateFlip

[1.4] Routine Mission Manager [v032]

Recommended Posts

This mod just became even more usefull for me.

Bring tourists directly to the mun and then go on expeditions ... I love this idea.

I hope 1.2.9 won't break it. Btw If it does and i had to deinstall it for a while it wouldn't be gamebreaking I guess?

Anyways Kudos to you, thank you @PrivateFlip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm running this mod on 1.3 and are having issues with returning tourists not counting as recovered (they get added back to ready to launch). Am I doing something wrong or have this bug reoccured?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lijat said:

I'm running this mod on 1.3 and are having issues with returning tourists not counting as recovered (they get added back to ready to launch). Am I doing something wrong or have this bug reoccured?

I have just tested this with for a contract with two tourist which had both suborbital and orbital contracts.

-After docking the suborbital and orbital objectives completed.

-After auto returning the contract completed, and both tourist were removed from the astronaut complex.

 

The mod both forcefully completes the contract and removes the tourist from the queue at the same time after an automated return when all destinations are completed. What is the status of the contract in your scenario? Are all destinations registered as completed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No they are not, I can get the docking objective completed by switching vessels and the return by launching the same kerbals again and recovering from the launchpad. Could this be an incompatibility with Contrat Configurator and Contract Pack: Tourism Plus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2017 at 10:29 PM, lijat said:

No they are not, I can get the docking objective completed by switching vessels and the return by launching the same kerbals again and recovering from the launchpad. Could this be an incompatibility with Contrat Configurator and Contract Pack: Tourism Plus?

That appears to be the case. To keep it simple: the mod completes tourist contracts by simply moving through all active contracts, finding the tourist contracts, reading their content and setting the "complete flags" of the objectives. The stock tourist contracts it supports have a very specific format. Unless the contracts created from the contract pack with the configurator have the exact same format I would not expect them to work with this mod. By the way you describe completing the destinations objectives and the return, this seems to be the case. Switching vessels and recovering the tourist from the launchpad likely triggers the games or the contract configurators own triggers to complete the destinations and the return respectively; I remember seeing similar behaviour from the game itself when I was implementing the tourism contract functionality for the mod.

Whether or not I could make the mod compatible I do not yet know. I have been looking at the source code of both contract configurator but haven't figured it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it normal for your ship/station to generate phantom forces and rip itself apart?

This just happened my first time out with this mod. Kind of amusing, but I'm left trying to figure out how to salvage it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway to make this compatible for RSS?

I added Earth as allowed budy but never woeked.

 

If its needed for kerbin, its extremely needed for rss :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2017 at 0:58 PM, T.A.P.O.R. said:

Is it normal for your ship/station to generate phantom forces and rip itself apart?

This just happened my first time out with this mod. Kind of amusing, but I'm left trying to figure out how to salvage it.

No, that isn't an intended effect or something I have experienced. Sorry to hear about your problem, I hope you have a save from before the event, if not my sincerest apologies if my mod contributed to that.

On 6/26/2017 at 1:37 PM, Veganbill said:

Anyway to make this compatible for RSS?

I added Earth as allowed budy but never woeked.

 

If its needed for kerbin, its extremely needed for rss :)

Is RSS hard to install? I'll take a why it's not working now, no guarantees if I can make it work though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, PrivateFlip said:

No, that isn't an intended effect or something I have experienced. Sorry to hear about your problem, I hope you have a save from before the event, if not my sincerest apologies if my mod contributed to that.

 

Eh, no Kerman was hurt  and I never liked that end of the station anyway :wink:

Tried your mod again and it was just fine on the now, two separate stations.

No problem on either segment.

At the time of the accident, I did have another identical module docked with the same name.
I thought this  might have been the root of the Issue, but  I could not replicate and summon the Kraken again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I managed to replicate after calling for two of the same resupply vessel. They were docked to either side of the remainder of the damaged station.

There was also a third vessel of the same name serving as storage in line with the main craft, but with different storage levels compared to the RMM craft that just docked.

I managed to undock one of the RMM craft, which in turn called off the cracked attack.

Hope this helps in diagnosing the issue. Bear in mind I'm using 50 ~mods 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2017 at 0:28 AM, T.A.P.O.R. said:

Ok, I managed to replicate after calling for two of the same resupply vessel. They were docked to either side of the remainder of the damaged station.

There was also a third vessel of the same name serving as storage in line with the main craft, but with different storage levels compared to the RMM craft that just docked.

I managed to undock one of the RMM craft, which in turn called off the cracked attack.

Hope this helps in diagnosing the issue. Bear in mind I'm using 50 ~mods 

Thanks for your detailed feedback, this will certainly help. There is specific functionality in the mode which makes sure when two vessels arrive at the same their docking is processed sequentially to prevent the docking events interfering with each other. I will take check if this functionality is still in tact, while trying to reproduce the scenario you describe. Outside of that, I would not know what would cause the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2017 at 1:37 PM, Veganbill said:

Anyway to make this compatible for RSS?

I added Earth as allowed budy but never woeked.

 

If its needed for kerbin, its extremely needed for rss :)

Haven't installed RSS yet, but believe I've found the problem: Although the allowed body file does make the mod work with other bodies as destinations, it still assumes Kerbin as the only home planet from which you can depart from and return home to etcetra. I will modify the mod to also allow users to specify other "homeplanets".

Edited by PrivateFlip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update

-changed logic which materializes and places ordered vessel for docking, to await the docking event to occur before processing the next ordered vessel, in case multiple mission have arrived since now. Before multiple ordered vessels would be processed sequentially nut only up until positioning the vessel for docking. If docking was slow after positioning there could be situations where multiple ships are docking at the same time, which could be the cause of reported kraken issues reported for these situations.
-added functionality to define the custom home planet the mod uses. This allows the mod to work modded versions of the game where this is not Kerbin. 

 

An AllowedBodies.txt and HomeBodies.txt file are present in the RoutineMissionManager folder in GameData. Both can be edited to edit and change the allowed bodies and the home bodies the mod works with. Planetary body names are case sensitive. Each planetary body should be placed on a new line in the file. Allowed bodies defines the planetary bodies can have their orbit be a destination for repeat missions handled by the mod. A home body defines the planetary bodies which from which launches can occur and to which missions can return to. (All basic functionality should function with multiple home bodies, but the mod logic is geared towards a single home body and could display somewhat weird behaviour from a game play point of view.)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08.07.2017 at 5:03 PM, PrivateFlip said:

Update

-changed logic which materializes and places ordered vessel for docking, to await the docking event to occur before processing the next ordered vessel, in case multiple mission have arrived since now. Before multiple ordered vessels would be processed sequentially nut only up until positioning the vessel for docking. If docking was slow after positioning there could be situations where multiple ships are docking at the same time, which could be the cause of reported kraken issues reported for these situations.
-added functionality to define the custom home planet the mod uses. This allows the mod to work modded versions of the game where this is not Kerbin. 

 

An AllowedBodies.txt and HomeBodies.txt file are present in the RoutineMissionManager folder in GameData. Both can be edited to edit and change the allowed bodies and the home bodies the mod works with. Planetary body names are case sensitive. Each planetary body should be placed on a new line in the file. Allowed bodies defines the planetary bodies can have their orbit be a destination for repeat missions handled by the mod. A home body defines the planetary bodies which from which launches can occur and to which missions can return to. (All basic functionality should function with multiple home bodies, but the mod logic is geared towards a single home body and could display somewhat weird behaviour from a game play point of view.)

 

 

You da man!

Thanks a million!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On 08.07.2017 at 5:03 PM, PrivateFlip said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can this mod handle FMRS landings? What about delivery of life support supplies (USI LS)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, dlrk said:

Can this mod handle FMRS landings? What about delivery of life support supplies (USI LS)?

It can not handle FMRS landings. The mods can no doubt work side by side but this mod will not take into account the savings of reusable parts returned by FMRS. It would be awesome for FMRS to have a mod like this. I imagine designs making use of FMRS like booster return or air launch setups can be very efficient but also quite tedious in their execution. To implement it, this mod would have to keep track of those other stages and deduct them from the mission cost. I carefully would deem it both doable and more important somewhat within the time I'm willing to spend on new development of this mod. No promises.

If USI LS supplies are resources which are transferable, and from the mod's thread there is nothing which states otherwise, you should be able to resupply stations with the relevant supplies in orbit with repeat mission using this mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PrivateFlip Thank you for this mod, it just turned my KSP from tedious to fun again! Stellar idea and awesome implementation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2017 at 3:20 AM, Thrimm said:

@PrivateFlip Thank you for this mod, it just turned my KSP from tedious to fun again! Stellar idea and awesome implementation!

Thanks you very much for letting me know!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to have some issues with the mod and so far I was unable to determine where the problem comes from. I've tried tracking a resupply mission and a return mission with an SSTO and a simple resupply mission with a regular rocket, without a return mission. In both cases tracking ended normally, but once I order any of those two missions, after the required time has passed, ordered vessel is completely gone (it is actually destroyed by the game, see log file). I have a number of mods installed, so I'm yet to replicate this in a fully stock game, although I kind of need this mod to resupply modded space stations :)

I'm using version 0.24 for KSP 1.2.2. Log files and tracking info:

Spoiler

Rocket mission

XHhltWj.png

SSTO mission:

yRcy1us.png

Missions folder: click

I would be super grateful for any help. Valentina wouldn't mind too I guess.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Thrimm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2017 at 2:32 AM, Thrimm said:

I seem to have some issues with the mod and so far I was unable to determine where the problem comes from. I've tried tracking a resupply mission and a return mission with an SSTO and a simple resupply mission with a regular rocket, without a return mission. In both cases tracking ended normally, but once I order any of those two missions, after the required time has passed, ordered vessel is completely gone (it is actually destroyed by the game, see log file). I have a number of mods installed, so I'm yet to replicate this in a fully stock game, although I kind of need this mod to resupply modded space stations :)

I'm using version 0.24 for KSP 1.2.2. Log files and tracking info:

  Hide contents

Rocket mission

XHhltWj.png

SSTO mission:

yRcy1us.png

Missions folder: click

I would be super grateful for any help. Valentina wouldn't mind too I guess.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this! Looking at the console display in the screenshot, the game mentions the vessel was in atmosphere and was therefore destroyed. This would happen if the destination orbit had parts of it within the atmosphere. First I assumed something strange was going on, because I was under the impression the mod would not allow mission to be ordered when the destination wasn't orbital. However, upon checking the code, it appears this is not completely prevented. If the periapsis of the destination is lower than 70 km, this would explain the error. The orbit in the second screenshot gives the appearance as if this could be the case. 

Can you remember whether the periapsis of the destination in both cases was lower than 70 km? 

If not, something else is going one, which would require further investigation, so this is very relevant for me to know. 

I have made a change to the code, to prevent ships from arriving on orbits which partly lie inside the atmosphere. although the ordered vessel would not arrive, it would be refunded and their destruction would be prevented. This change will be shipped in the next release. (I'm currently rewriting big parts of the mod, to make it a little bit more user friendly and to bring in support for FMRS landings amongst other things.)

Lastly, whatever the cause of this will end up being, I would like to apologize to you for my mod destroying your craft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PrivateFlip said:

Thank you for reporting this! Looking at the console display in the screenshot, the game mentions the vessel was in atmosphere and was therefore destroyed. This would happen if the destination orbit had parts of it within the atmosphere. First I assumed something strange was going on, because I was under the impression the mod would not allow mission to be ordered when the destination wasn't orbital. However, upon checking the code, it appears this is not completely prevented. If the periapsis of the destination is lower than 70 km, this would explain the error. The orbit in the second screenshot gives the appearance as if this could be the case. 

Can you remember whether the periapsis of the destination in both cases was lower than 70 km? 

If not, something else is going one, which would require further investigation, so this is very relevant for me to know. 

I have made a change to the code, to prevent ships from arriving on orbits which partly lie inside the atmosphere. although the ordered vessel would not arrive, it would be refunded and their destruction would be prevented. This change will be shipped in the next release. (I'm currently rewriting big parts of the mod, to make it a little bit more user friendly and to bring in support for FMRS landings amongst other things.)

Lastly, whatever the cause of this will end up being, I would like to apologize to you for my mod destroying your craft. 

Thank you a lot for your reply @PrivateFlip. The station has a slightly eccentric orbit with periapsis of 77,793m and apoapsis of 95,313m, so it is well above the atmosphere (well, maybe not 'well' but still). I'll try docking to something that is in higher orbit and see if the problem persists.

You're doing an amazing job with a much needed mod so there is no need to apologize for anything :) . Actually the entire trip for the SSTO was documented in a video that I will publish today - I'm not sure if there are any additional info you can get from that, but I'll be happy to do more testing for you. Also, no harm was done as luckily Valentina had a quicksave insurance :).

As I said, this mod is an amazing idea and I absolutely love it!

EDIT: It just occurred to me, is it possible that the allowed margin for the orbit the spacecraft will be placed in by the mod had its lower limit in the atmosphere, and this is causing the problem? I don't know how big the margin is, but in the tracking log the MaxOrbitAltitude=103.856 which is ~ 110% of the apoapsis value, so if the difference (~8500m) is subtracted from the periapsis as well, then it would indeed place the vessel in the atmosphere, or at least allow it. I have no idea actually it is just a wild guess :)

Edited by Thrimm
correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Thrimm said:

Thank you a lot for your reply @PrivateFlip. The station has a slightly eccentric orbit with periapsis of 77,793m and apoapsis of 95,313m, so it is well above the atmosphere (well, maybe not 'well' but still). I'll try docking to something that is in higher orbit and see if the problem persists.

You're doing an amazing job with a much needed mod so there is no need to apologize for anything :) . Actually the entire trip for the SSTO was documented in a video that I will publish today - I'm not sure if there are any additional info you can get from that, but I'll be happy to do more testing for you. Also, no harm was done as luckily Valentina had a quicksave insurance :).

As I said, this mod is an amazing idea and I absolutely love it!

EDIT: It just occurred to me, is it possible that the allowed margin for the orbit the spacecraft will be placed in by the mod had its lower limit in the atmosphere, and this is causing the problem? I don't know how big the margin is, but in the tracking log the MaxOrbitAltitude=103.856 which is ~ 110% of the apoapsis value, so if the difference (~8500m) is subtracted from the periapsis as well, then it would indeed place the vessel in the atmosphere, or at least allow it. I have no idea actually it is just a wild guess :)

When the mod loads vessels in game by placing them on the exact dame orbit as the destination vessel, so it's orbit should be equal to the destination, except for the location on the orbit. Did some testing on my end to see if my code could create some discrepancies between the destination orbit the the loaded vessel orbit. I also took a look at the game mechanic which creates the "Vessel X was on-rail at Y kPa pressure and was destroyed" notice. In your log it mention 0.0 kPa as the pressure. At first I assumed this was a rounding issue, with the vessel skimming the upper part of the atmosphere, but what I noticed that this normally happens at a much lower altitude. The pressure mentioned pressure is usually 1.0 kPa (It can be higher when using time acceleration). I'll post a question in the mod support forums to see if I can find some more information on why this could be happening.

Also took a look at the video, nothing stands out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.