The Six Words You Never Say at KSC.

Whirligig Girl

"This mission may be my last."

But that design is over budget!
Well, heh, contracts aren't far off. Your design might well be over budget after all. :wink:
when will the next patch arrive?

six words!

no other six words are more prohibited than these

*cracks knuckles*

Well, yes. Yes, they are. And you just said them. :P

But there's already mods for that!

That argument is an invalid reason to say that something should never be put in to the game, because it's already been proven wrong many, many times.

People made mods for career mode style missions before we had 0.22.

People made mods for rovers LONG before we had rover wheels (mods from 0.15 or before, rover wheels in 0.19 or so).

People made mods for docking ports, which actually convinced Harv that it could be done.

Plenty of KSPX parts made it into the game unchanged except for part name. (cupola, LV-1R, 48-7S, Skipper, long radial RCS tank).

ALL of the spaceplane parts we have were mod parts in 0.13 (except for the delta-deluxe winglet).

There's probably more examples of mods being integrated into the game in one form or another, but I think I've made the point.

Shooting down a suggestion for being outside the game's scope is one thing (guns and energy shields for example should stay as mods), but shooting down something like a stock Delta-V display because there are mods for that is just lazy thinking IMO.

At best, "there's already a mod for that" means "it can wait". However, "It can wait" is NOT the same as "It shouldn't ever happen"

If you couldn't tell, those six words are a pet peeve of mine, when used in the "shouldn't ever happen" sense.

-edit-

how do I get these spoiler tags to work?

Edited by SciMan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.