Here's Your First Look at Kerbal Space Program: First Contract

SQUAD

<p><iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u5UiTqBCNQk" width="420"></iframe></p>

<p>We interrupt your regularly scheduled <strong>FanWorks Friday</strong> post to give you a sneak peak at <em>Kerbal Space Program: First Contract</em></p>

YOU LIED TO ME when you said it was only going to be on the Twitch stream.

But I don't mind because I only saw the last 5-10 seconds because Twitch took too long to load.

Looks pretty sweet, though it doesn't look like percentage of funds you get back has anything to do with distance from the space center. Oh well.

What's the "Activities" tab on the contracts screen for?

Are we not getting procedural contracts to start with or is this an older video?

Can we exchange currencies yet?

Can we generate funds/reputation outside of contracts or is it just through exchanging science?

I'm liking the toolbar there, looks scene-sensitive. The buttons are a bit big for my tastes but whatever.

Just so you're aware, we're readying an FAQ so we hope most of your questions will be addressed there.

Just to be sure - does this preview clarify as official announcement of 64-bit version for Windows? Because he said that it was filmed in 64-bit version.

Just to be sure - does this preview clarify as official announcement of 64-bit version for Windows? Because he said that it was filmed in 64-bit version.

It was officially announced in the devnotes a few weeks ago. Rowsdowser then confirmed it in a comment to HarvesteR's update update 3. At this point, no, it's not an official announcement because it's already been officially announced and confirmed.

What's the "Activities" tab on the contracts screen for?

Are we not getting procedural contracts to start with or is this an older video?

Can we exchange currencies yet?

Can we generate funds/reputation outside of contracts or is it just through exchanging science?

I'm liking the toolbar there, looks scene-sensitive. The buttons are a bit big for my tastes but whatever.

as i heard it, the first contracts are always the same. once the game sees you are capable of mun missions it will generate mun contracts, once it sees you can do duna, it will make duna contracts, so on, so on

He mentions in the video that the first few contracts are boilerplate, then the game switches to procedural contracts.

I interpreted that as "we'll switch over later" as in "later version", but okay.

I interpreted that as "we'll switch over later" as in "later version", but okay.

I heard it as "contracts are scripted at first, but soon will switch to procedural mode", not "we'll". It could still be read as "in a later version", but I thought on first listen it pretty clearly meant "contracts switch after the first few missions" (especially because of "procedural mode" - i.e. there are multiple modes, one of which is scripted and one of which is procedural).

We get so little information about these things until the very last minute that I just can't trust what I think I hear. Assuming the worst means I'm never disappointed around here.

We get so little information about these things until the very last minute that I just can't trust what I think I hear. Assuming the worst means I'm never disappointed around here.

Sensible. I'm often the same way.

I've listened to it again and his sentence would not make sense unless he was saying that procedural mode was in the game already.

The exact quote as I hear it goes: "Contracts are scripted at first, but soon will switch to procedural mode. Which will read your in-game achievements and tailor contracts for you, infinitely."

I'm super excited about this update now more than ever! :D

Edit: Oh snap :)

Edited by Snillum101

I heard it as "contracts are scripted at first, but soon will switch to procedural mode", not "we'll". It could still be read as "in a later version", but I thought on first listen it pretty clearly meant "contracts switch after the first few missions" (especially because of "procedural mode" - i.e. there are multiple modes, one of which is scripted and one of which is procedural).

I listened to it about 5 times and I can see interpreting it is "we'll" but I think the sentence structure at least slightly favors the idea that this is the state of the game as will be released in 0.24. Why even mention it if it's not coming out on Tuesday when 0.24 is released? And why say "are scripted at first" and not "are scripted right now"?

I'm putting all my $Kash on the idea that procedural contracts will be available in this version, possibly as quickly as after your first launch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.