Weird science instrument message

I attempted to transfer data from a mystery goo module to my command pod, but accidentally boarded the pod prior to actually taking the data (the pop up box warning that the canister would be non-operational after hadn't closed), so once I actually collected the data after I had boarded the capsule, I saw this message:

07Yt2uY.png?1

Which I just thought I would share with you, as it appears to be a rare case where the message has to result to a default (oh and the slightly messy grammar, that's always fun)

Imagine transferring science to a vessel that doesn't exist. Orbiting an invisible planet around the star of your imagination. You may have just entered, The Kerbal Zone.

spork wonderful just wonderful.

now someone needs ot make a video of just this.

"Ther kerbal zone" it could be a short mini series.

You are entering the vicinity of an area adjacent to a location. The kind of place where there might be a monster, or some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples; it could also be something much better. Prepare to enter: The Capsule Door.

I suspect that message was intended to show up if the rather peculiar occurrence happened of the player choosing to grab data from the Mystery Goo or Science Jr. and then had their Kerbal die before they confirmed the removal of the data. In a situation like that, that message makes perfect sense. Since it's just checking to see if the Kerbal who took the data is present in EVA, it (quite clearly) also prints when the Kerbal enters a capsule before taking the data.

I suspect that message was intended to show up if the rather peculiar occurrence happened of the player choosing to grab data from the Mystery Goo or Science Jr. and then had their Kerbal die before they confirmed the removal of the data. In a situation like that, that message makes perfect sense. Since it's just checking to see if the Kerbal who took the data is present in EVA, it (quite clearly) also prints when the Kerbal enters a capsule before taking the data.

That makes a lot more sense, which might explain why the message said 'something bad happened'

(I'm loving the twilight zones)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.