Instagram-bad or good?

SpaceXray

Is InstagrM good?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is InstagrM good?

• Yes, I use it all the time!
    • No! It's evil!

It's more of a publicity program fail than conveniently priced pictures. It reminds me when all the companies and shops got crazed about social media publicity a couple of years ago and started making Facebook and Twitter accounts and putting "Like us on Facebook" or "Follow us on Twitter" stickers on their windows. In the end, nobody cared and it was all useless.

This is just organizations trying to appeal to the "young" people.

Exactly. Just like QR codes which are quite useless,but some people dig them.

QR codes are worse than normal links as they are slower and cannot be used on non mobile or camera less devices. Plus, almost all smartphones don't come with QR code readers.

Reminds me of those parents in awful sitcoms who always want to appeal to the "young" generation by acting out stereotypes.

Plus, almost all smartphones don't come with QR code readers.

While I agree QR codes probably ought to see a lot less use than they do, this doesn't make an awful lot of sense. Any smartphone that doesn't have easy access to an app store that'll have dozens of QR reader apps isn't worthy of the name.

While I agree QR codes probably ought to see a lot less use than they do, this doesn't make an awful lot of sense. Any smartphone that doesn't have easy access to an app store that'll have dozens of QR reader apps isn't worthy of the name.

I was talking about readers that already come with the phone when you buy it. Almost everything that a smartphone can do is not on it when you buy it. Let's call them consumerist capitalismphomes instead. :P

No, but apps from good devs can be superior to the stylized low function shineys that come with phones. I am looking at you, Microsoft.

Edited by Kinglet

It is a place for stupid hopeless people who are desperate to become famous by posting pathetic content.

^^^^

Mostly that :P

The only good use of it that i have seen, are photographers who upload their photos there (With photographer i mean somebody like nassault)

Cheers!

Don't use it so I don't know.

However, it seems it's filled with duckfaces and stupid pouting, as well as idiotic "foodstuff by microwave.

Don't get me started on the "life hacks"

Exactly, you need a computer and IT skills to hack something. Life isn't a computer, or a server, or anything computer related.

Yeah I don't care much for Instagram, or Snapchat, or any apps really.

Probably cuz I've never had a smartphone. I spend 90% of my time on the computer anyway, why spend a bunch extra each month so I can watch .... on my phone (or whatever you rich people do :P )...

Yeah I don't care much for Instagram, or Snapchat, or any apps really.

Probably cuz I've never had a smartphone. I spend 90% of my time on the computer anyway, why spend a bunch extra each month so I can watch .... on my phone (or whatever you rich people do :P )...

Everytime a relative or friend wants to buy me a smartphone:

"No."

"Why not? It's awesome!"

"I have no use for social networks and never will. Plus, I have a powerful bootcamped IMac with sedimental value and a Ipad."

Everytime a relative or friend wants to buy me a smartphone:

"No."

"Why not? It's awesome!"

"I have no use for social networks and never will. Plus, I have a powerful bootcamped IMac with sedimental value and a Ipad."

While I am hoping that you mean Sentimental, it conjures up an amusing mental image.

QR codes are just a better form of bar code. They're widely used in many industries. For example, I just printed out a prepaid address label on my PC, it's sitting right in front of me and includes a matrix code very similar to a QR so that the mail-sorting machine can read the address and automatically sort it to the destination. Just because you personally don't know what something is actually useful for doesn't make it useless.

It is a place for stupid hopeless people who are desperate to become famous by posting pathetic content.

So.... ksp forums? In unrelated news, I will go back to discussing my toy rocket I spent building a few hours in another thread.

Run away!

QR codes are just a better form of bar code. They're widely used in many industries. For example, I just printed out a prepaid address label on my PC, it's sitting right in front of me and includes a matrix code very similar to a QR so that the mail-sorting machine can read the address and automatically sort it to the destination. Just because you personally don't know what something is actually useful for doesn't make it useless.

No, I was talking about usage in advertisements. They take far longer to scan than actually typing in a website url. They are useful if used properly, but putting them on posters is not useful.

No, I was talking about usage in advertisements. They take far longer to scan than actually typing in a website url. They are useful if used properly, but putting them on posters is not useful.

That depends entirely on the URL. A QR code might not be good for www.google.com but might be very useful for a link to a specific product, like http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Glare-Free-Touchscreen-Display-Wi-Fi/dp/B00I15SB16/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420149264&sr=8-1&keywords=kindle . Would you care to type the second link on a phone, or try to find which character was mistyped?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.