Tinker Time - Self-Updating Curse.com Mod Manager for KSP

Nah, you can leave it up. I saw it come across the new mods feed and got excited about it, and then the excitement just left me when I realized it only supported Curse.

Curse AND Github, actually. Don't worry, you've motivated me to get the next version out faster :P.

It's a really cool mod, and something that I've been waiting to happen, but is there anywáy you can add a function to change the name of the mod? It's a bit annoying that NEAR is being seen as FAR, still an awesome tool.

Hey, that's actually a minor problem with the FAR mod on Github. The Github repo releases both FAR and NEAR in the same repo, and NEAR happens to be the most recent release, so you actually have NEAR installed, I'm afraid.

I have one suggestion and one question (that sort of rhymes):

1. Is it possible to write/read the URLs to/from a text file for export/import? I spent a good deal of time linking a lot of Kerbalstuff URLs yesterday (using 1.0 Beta) and it would be fantastic if there would have been a list of all links for a simple import into Tinkertime. And then of course it would be wonderful if there's be a weekly updated list (available on Kerbalstuff, Tinkertime page or community built) that I could download and import. So much time saved! So many smiles! Unwanted mods could be "marked" in the app and would be ignored with every future update of the list. So basically this would be a "directory" for Kerbalstuff, and more important (because it is so annoying to navigate) Curse. Oh, and while I'm at it, please at Curseforge :-)

2. I can't find out where the downloaded mods are stored. The app EXE is in "..\My Documents\Dropbox\Private\KSP\[EXE]" but not the ZIP files. There's nothing in "My Documents" ("..\My Documents\") either. Where should I look?

Well, this could be fantastic (at the moment a few mods do generate errors but most pass). I'm looking forward to the updates!

EDIT: Found the files, may I suggest that we can choose the save path because I keep my documents etc. on a separate drive which is not part of the Windows installation drive (which now has 1.5 GB of mods in a place where I'd never look).

Edited by orosee

How does this handle automatic updates? If I play 0.24.2 and a mod is updated to support 0.25, will it download the 0.25 version silently?

It proberly will download the 0.25 version of the update, and seeing as this is still in what seems to be in a early alpha stage, it might be a bit of time before any changes to that is made.

• 2 weeks later...
hi is there some prerequisities for runing this program. when i try to run it say "coud not find the main class: ahora.tinklertime.TinkerTime program will exit

Thx in advance

Which release are you using, and where did you get it? I can't replicate this using the latest Github or KerbalStuff release.

Which release are you using, and where did you get it? I can't replicate this using the latest Github or KerbalStuff release.

I got this message during many downloads from curse... (recently Kerbal Construction Time and KSP-AVC)

HI im using this link - i downloaded both the 0.7 (893.685 bytes) and 0.7.1 (893.828 bytes) both with the same error

https://github.com/oharaandrew314/TinkerTime/releases

Do you have an up-to-date version of the Oracle JRE installed? TinkerTime requires at least Java 7.

Try opening a console window and typing:

> java -version

I am using 0.7.1 and have 5 mods.. I have used previous versions of Tinker Time without problems, but now when it goes to check for updates, it says there are updates and I tell it to update, but the update indicator (arrow up) never goes away even after it updates. I checked in the tinkertime.json file and the right zip name is there that shows it got the update but I notice the lastUpdatedOn is not getting set to the date of the update. If I edit the json manually and fix that date and restart the app then everything works fine.

Thanks for the app.. I use it daily.

Firstly, for linux users, you'll need to give a button on the file browser to show hidden files, as the steam directory is hidden from view on normal mode.

Secondly, some mods (Extraplanetary Launchpads https://github.com/taniwha-qf/Extraplanetary-Launchpads and Toolbar https://github.com/blizzy78/ksp_toolbar) aren't being found on github. "No releases discovered".

Firstly, for linux users, you'll need to give a button on the file browser to show hidden files, as the steam directory is hidden from view on normal mode.

Secondly, some mods (Extraplanetary Launchpads https://github.com/taniwha-qf/Extraplanetary-Launchpads and Toolbar https://github.com/blizzy78/ksp_toolbar) aren't being found on github. "No releases discovered".

Good idea about the hidden directories. My linux testers haven't encountered that problem, but they may not be using steam.

For those github mods, the author doesn't release their compiled mod on Github, so there's nothing I can do. I should maybe make this more apparent to users, though.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you have an up-to-date version of the Oracle JRE installed? TinkerTime requires at least Java 7.

Try opening a console window and typing:

> java -version

thanks for mentioning the java version, could you plese write this JRE prereq to the readme? I will update my jave and will let you know if this help. Thx.

For some reason I'm getting a problem updating Kerbal Alarm Clock. I have 3.0.4.0 and TinkerTime is showing the orange up arrow but it doesn't update. I'm using this url: http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220289-kerbal-alarm-clock

Additionally, when I use the Update Module Manager selection from the menu it shows I have 2.1.5 but that the latest version is 2.5.1 but it also doesn't update. EDIT: Actually the latest version is 2.1.5 not sure why TinkerTime is reporting that the latest version is 2.5.1. That isn't even the latest check-in.

• 2 weeks later...

Additionally, when I use the Update Module Manager selection from the menu it shows I have 2.1.5 but that the latest version is 2.5.1 but it also doesn't update. EDIT: Actually the latest version is 2.1.5 not sure why TinkerTime is reporting that the latest version is 2.5.1. That isn't even the latest check-in.

Tinker Time gets the bleeding-edge version directly from Sarbian's Build Server. This is what he recommended I do.

As for your other issues, version 1.0 should be coming out soon. I hope it can fix your issues.

Edited by oharaandrew314

Hi everyone,

Tinker Time 1.0 Beta is available for testing. If you have Github accounts, please help me out by heading to the Pull Request and testing the beta JAR. Please do not post any issues here, and instead post them directly to the Pull Request. Thanks!

https://github.com/oharaandrew314/TinkerTime/pull/137

You might want to have a look at the code you use to query my server, because doing each request 4 time may get on my nerve at one point.

162.242.XX.XX - - [04/Dec/2014:22:22:14 +0000] "GET /jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/api/json HTTP/1.1" 200 6015 "-" "TinkerTime Bot Java/1.7.0_72"
162.242.XX.XX - - [04/Dec/2014:22:22:15 +0000] "GET /jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/api/json HTTP/1.1" 200 6015 "-" "TinkerTime Bot Java/1.7.0_72"
162.242.XX.XX - - [04/Dec/2014:22:22:15 +0000] "GET /jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/api/json HTTP/1.1" 200 6015 "-" "TinkerTime Bot Java/1.7.0_72"
162.242.XX.XX - - [04/Dec/2014:22:22:15 +0000] "GET /jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/ModuleManager.2.5.2.dll HTTP/1.1" 200 49152 "-" "TinkerTime Bot Java/1.7.0_72"
162.242.XX.XX - - [04/Dec/2014:22:22:16 +0000] "GET /jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/ModuleManager.2.5.2.dll HTTP/1.1" 200 49152 "-" "TinkerTime Bot Java/1.7.0_72"
162.242.XX.XX - - [04/Dec/2014:22:22:17 +0000] "GET /jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/ModuleManager.2.5.2.dll HTTP/1.1" 200 49152 "-" "TinkerTime Bot Java/1.7.0_72"
162.242.XX.XX - - [04/Dec/2014:22:22:17 +0000] "GET /jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/ModuleManager.2.5.2.dll HTTP/1.1" 200 49152 "-" "TinkerTime Bot Java/1.7.0_72"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.