Post Your Cinematics Here! (Cinematic Enthusiasts)

Halban

This is my first cinematic style video. as i am a new film maker and only have a office grade laptop for recording & editing, its not very good. this project is to be a gift to my science teacher, Tom for teacher appropriation week, but i want to upload it here to get tips on what i should change in the future to boost my main series "Hellfire industry's"

Hello

:D

After a series of films ending in a disaster, finally it's time for something with a different ending.

This time, the goal of KSC was the Minmus, where they sent a manned mission consisting only of Jeb.

Hello

:D

After a series of films ending in a disaster, finally it's time for something with a different ending.

This time, the goal of KSC was the Minmus, where they sent a manned mission consisting only of Jeb.

Wow, that was really good :D. I can see a lot of potential, shots were great, so was music choice, special effects, and editing.

Wow, that was really good :D. I can see a lot of potential, shots were great, so was music choice, special effects, and editing.

Thanks :D i spent +/- 40 hours on this film, and it's my first cinematic film where i used a lot of effects :)

• 1 month later...

First--since this is an advice thread as well as a sharing thread--does anyone have a decent way of removing duplicate frames from AVI files? I've noticed that, roughly every 7-8 seconds, my game will stall for a half-second. (Usually it works out to 18 frames, I've found, plus or minus two.) Editing all that out is time-consuming, so is there a faster way to handle it?

Second--here's my latest video. It doesn't tell a story, per se, but... it's art. I assure you, it's art. No, really.

That was an... interesting cinematic xD. Very glad you brought up that little stalling problem: I was told by the guy who made kerbcam that it's to do with the way the game handles its memory, if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately unless someone were to write some code that deleted duplicate frames, the only way to do it is to manually remove the duplicates... which is what I do. It sucks.

Bigger Possibilities - Short Cinematic - I'm Back ?

I haven't really been active over the past wee..mont.. six months. But I guees I'm back in bussiness now.... I think. :P

Very nice! Left my thoughts in the comments.

Hi :3

I used to make a lot of mad prototype craft in beta but I've seemed to have mellowed a bit lately, and find some fascination in making little things, like light aircraft and primitive orbital stations..

Speaking of primitive orbital stations I seem to have a lot of endless fun making them every time I restart a career after a major KSP update. Lots of stuff goes wrong, like cutting off electrical supply to crewed transports leaving the passengers screaming (not that anyone can hear, being space) and docking them by going EVA and shoving them around.

And trying unorthodox methods of soft docking like stuffing a KIS cargo container into the side of an open service bay because it looks like it could fit nicely across the hinge part.

So it would seem that simple short videos are going to be on the menu in my channel, at least until I get a computer that doesn't start to choke on itself when given any more than a hundred parts.

ps, I might frequent this thread as I have garnered a liking for poking around peoples' youtube channels after my Oscar-B experience :)

Here's my first attempt at a KSP cinematic. Just your everyday trip to the Mun, with a stop at an orbital station on the way.

I made this as a way for me to get used to the various camera plugins available to for making these and to get a handle on the general process of grabbing the source video, which was way more painful than I'd anticipated (so many things to avoid spoiling an otherwise good "take").

The next one I have planned is a LOT more elaborate and will require a bunch in terms of filter work, audio, text and other content. So I'm looking forward to that once I get around to it.

Edited by purpleivan